• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Venus 19 crazy price on Ebay

64 posts in this topic

It's a book that doesn't come up for sale very often and fetches good money when it does. The price doesn't surprise me as someone needed a copy for their collection and paid what it took to get it

I've with TheWatcher ( :hi: ) here. Desirable book and rarely shows up will warrant in any grade high bids. Venus 19 is akin to Fight 31. People want it and will pay high across all low grade books.

I probably paid over $300 for my # 18 and it's not as desirable as # 19 so the bidding is right in line so far ...

Yeah and it is still going. A much better looking book sold at Heritage earlier this year for a lot less. Wish I had seen it.

Aaaaah the power of hindsight. Many a '50's book on Heritage have gone lower than on eBay.

Yeah and it is still going. A much better looking book sold at Heritage earlier this year for a lot less. Wish I had seen it.

doh! Didn't catch that the auction is still going. Curious to see what it ends at once the snipes kick in hm

I sold my 19 to a fellow boardie a while back to fund my 18 (which is my favorite). Those who have actively sought the Everett Venus books know how IMPOSSIBLE they are to find in VG or better. I would expect slabbed 9.0's of 18 or 19 to easily eclipse $ 3000. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Would like to get a copy of this book but this is ridiculous don't you all think?

Venus #18 is no slouch either. The same phenomenon has also been happening with Startling Terror Tales #11. About 2-3 years ago, I saw these sell in the $80 to $125 range for GD/VG to VG copies. Quick rises like this always make me wonder if the comic was printed in some widely read collector magazine that I don't subscribe to, or something.

Would like to get a copy of this book but this is ridiculous don't you all think?

Venus #18 is no slouch either. The same phenomenon has also been happening with Startling Terror Tales #11. About 2-3 years ago, I saw these sell in the $80 to $125 range for GD/VG to VG copies. Quick rises like this always make me wonder if the comic was printed in some widely read collector magazine that I don't subscribe to, or something.

That sounds low for a STT #11 - I sold a FR copy in the CBG for $75 around 15 years ago.

That sounds low for a STT #11 - I sold a FR copy in the CBG for $75 around 15 years ago.

I haven't been collecting long, so I guess I misjudged that one. But I did see a low-to-mid-grade copy sell for just $80 or so a couple years ago.

One of the fun things about ebay. A book can go for a record high or a killer bargain, sometimes only weeks apart.

Venus 16-19 always sell for way over guide. In fact pre-code horror with iconic covers is bringing big bucks right now in any grade.

I'm a collector on a budget....I can't afford everything, just one or two. Choosing my one issue of Venus was TOUGH. I actually prefer the interior stories in # 17 hands down....everyone should have an Everett Venus in their stack. GOD BLESS...

Venus 16-19 always sell for way over guide. In fact pre-code horror with iconic covers is bringing big bucks right now in any grade.

I'm a collector on a budget....I can't afford everything, just one or two. Choosing my one issue of Venus was TOUGH. I actually prefer the interior stories in # 17 hands down....everyone should have an Everett Venus in their stack. GOD BLESS...

I second your post jimbo. I am also on a budget...but seem to find other books to sell whenever the mood/book wanted dictates that I do. Everyone who is a pre-code fan should own at least one Everett Venus book. They are a ton of fun.

:)

Venus 17 is one of the best Bill Everett comics ever! :cloud9: