• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Venus 19 crazy price on Ebay

64 posts in this topic

Venus 16-19 always sell for way over guide. In fact pre-code horror with iconic covers is bringing big bucks right now in any grade.

I'm a collector on a budget....I can't afford everything, just one or two. Choosing my one issue of Venus was TOUGH. I actually prefer the interior stories in # 17 hands down....everyone should have an Everett Venus in their stack. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Venus 17 is one of the best Bill Everett comics ever! :cloud9:

:acclaim:

100891.jpg.6f0856780fa497be9c2f80ea5a52de84.jpg

The toughest issue is probably #15, which I used to own but was foolish enough to sell thinking I could get a better copy. I treasure the three I do have (17-19). Great artwork - among the best ever, and arguably the most underrated by the wider collecting community. I'd also recommend the work Bill did on Namora #1 and #2 - simply sensational!

Venus 16-19 always sell for way over guide. In fact pre-code horror with iconic covers is bringing big bucks right now in any grade.

I'm a collector on a budget....I can't afford everything, just one or two. Choosing my one issue of Venus was TOUGH. I actually prefer the interior stories in # 17 hands down....everyone should have an Everett Venus in their stack. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Venus 17 is one of the best Bill Everett comics ever! :cloud9:

:acclaim:

Great Zombie Jesus!

I'd also recommend the work Bill did on Namora #1 and #2 - simply sensational!
My two favorite Bill Everett stories are "Cartoonist's Calamity" from Venus 17 and "Doomed in the Desert" from Namora. Both are spectacular.

I'd also recommend the work Bill did on Namora #1 and #2 - simply sensational!
My two favorite Bill Everett stories are "Cartoonist's Calamity" from Venus 17 and "Doomed in the Desert" from Namora. Both are spectacular.

Cartoonist's Calamity is amazing, but I never let people read my copy for fear they'll damage an expensive book.

It was reprinted, I was told, but I can't remember where.

Venus 18, and the last panel of the lead story, TERROR IN THE TUNNEL. I really like Venus' measured speech, but I LOVE the two ghouls cowering in fear after seeing..., well, what they saw!

venus18.jpg

venus18a.jpg

I'd love to have the run, but it's just too pricey for me these days. I was lucky enough to pick up a G/VG #19 for 1/2 guide 15 years ago.

Now I'm just waiting for Marvel to put out the Masterpiece volume with these issues.

Now I'm just waiting for Marvel to put out the Masterpiece volume with these issues.

I'm with you. I'll wait for the Masterwork when it comes out for 17 & 19. I had to get a copy of # 18 for my synchronic collection though. Thanks to Goldust on this one and to Jimjum for the heads up on it being available.

101025.jpg.31ef248b8e9960ed1782e5d9399ece43.jpg

Man, these covers are incredible! :applause: I've seen them individually and thought they were cool, but seeing them all together like this makes me want to start collecting this title.