• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Absolute Hardest to Find 80's books.
9 9

1,000 posts in this topic

This one isn't easy.

I have all four :grin:

They were still in that weird brittle cellophane they were shipped in, unread and never opened until I got my hands on them :)

I've never read #3, is it worth tracking down for the Hansen art?

The other thread reminded me, fan club kits and newsletters. Oh what to give for some TMNT, Ralph Snart, and Elfquest fanclub materials :cloud9:

I had some TMNT fanclub stuff once. Now let me see if I can find it. hm

Edited by kdoginohio

How about stuff no one really cared about?

:whistle:

jim1_fc.jpg

I honestly have no clue if this is the sort of thing anyone bought, period. It wouldn't surprise me if the print run on this - or even Vol.1, for that matter - was 100, 1000, 10,000 or a million

Jim Woodring was reasonably popular among underground/alternative comic collectors, but the print run of most of the Fantagraphics stuff was probably 10K or less. Still, I can't think of anything from the publisher that could actually be called rare.

Yeah, the Fantagraphics imprimatur definitely keeps it out of rare by definition. Besides, a lot of the Woodring stuff had Mark Martin stuff in them, which is the real reason I was buying them

Yeah, the Fantagraphics imprimatur definitely keeps it out of rare by definition. Besides, a lot of the Woodring stuff had Mark Martin stuff in them, which is the real reason I was buying them

(thumbs u Me too!

there's virtually nothing rare from the decade at all as there is no attrition. we're left with extreme low print books (under 500 or so), variants, and the like.

i think the later Visions comics from the Atlanta Fantasy Fair are hard to find.

I am still missing #8 to this day and I have looked for years now. Thank fully I

managed to find 7 and 9 on ebay but had to fight to own them.

Visions8.jpg

Edited by fc

Here it is

If you like Snart and Hansen it's definitely worth looking out for. Thhey are hard to find but when you do find them they are cheap

Thanks for sharing. Are those from #3 or #4? I didn't think Snarf was in #3.

Here are a few to start off.

Gobbledygook #1 &2

Raw Magazine

Nexus #1 (Limited Edition)

TMNT #3 NYC Giveaway

Elflord (Nightwind Productions)

Superman Bradman Birthday Custom

Miracleman Blue & Gold version

Eclipse Comics 3D – 2D version (Example; Miracleman 3D-2D version)

Note: In 1980’s Eclipse Comics produced 2D versions of most of their 3D comics for the colour blind. The 2D versions are signed and numbered and limited to 100.

Don't forget about the Turtlemania books. The regular edition had 3,000 copies, but the Silver only had 100 and the Gold only had 10. To my knowledge, only 2 of the Gold copies have surfaced since they were originally distributed.

Very nice. ;)

I would daresay, probably the MM 3D/2D is one of the rarest 80's books in existence

Ewan can confirm, but I *believe* that only four copies are accounted for.

I have 2 of the 3D/2Ds, but they're DNAgents and Laser Eraser & Pressbutton.

I have yet to see a 3D/2D MM in person.

Oddly enough, according to Eclipse ads from 1988-1989, it's the only one that sold out....they've got to be out there somewhere.

The rest of the 3D/2Ds, I suspect, were still in the Eclipse warehouse when it was flooded in '93.

And Bronty said there was no attrition of 80's books...

;)

Don't forget about the Turtlemania books. The regular edition had 3,000 copies, but the Silver only had 100 and the Gold only had 10. To my knowledge, only 2 of the Gold copies have surfaced since they were originally distributed.

I have a problem with these and the MM Blue/Golds. Other than being signed and numbered, they are no different from the regular copies (in fact, they are regular copies.)

That's like considering the Dark Knight S&N A/Ps as "rare", but they're identical to the regular 4,000 S&N run.

Don't get me wrong, they're awesome...but they're rare by virtue of signature(s), not any special aspect of the book itself.

The 3D/2Ds, however, are legitimate variations from the originals.