• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sale/Game/Prizes!!! #1 Registry Set for Big 5 DC War on Heritage

779 posts in this topic

:news: The info on the game and prizes is introduced a little later on in this thread. Everyone is welcome to play! :whee:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• All American Men Of War comic_best_category2008.gifcomic_best_category2009.gifcomic_best_category2010.gif

• G. I. Combat comic_best_category2008.gifcomic_best_category2009.gifcomic_best_category2010.gif

• Our Army At War comic_best_category2008.gifcomic_best_category2009.gifcomic_best_category2010.gif

• Our Fighting Forces comic_best_category2008.gifcomic_best_category2009.gifcomic_best_category2010.gif

• Star Spangled War Stories comic_best_category2008.gifcomic_best_category2009.gifcomic_best_category2010.gif

Watch the upcoming Heritage auctions for my books, all offered at no reserve. The first group of books can be viewed and bid on right now.

Please bid on these beauties and let's hope you can all have a piece of the collection that I will love and remember forever. :cloud9:

AAMOW #128 CGC 7.5 th_aamow128.jpg

Captain Science #4 CGC 9.2 th_captainscience4.jpg

GIC #68 CGC 7.0 th_gic68.jpg

GIC #87 CGC 6.5 th_gic87.jpg

OAAW #60 CGC 9.0 th_oaaw60-1.jpg

OAAW #81 CGC 6.5 th_oaaw81.jpg

OAAW #83 CGC 5.5 th_oaaw83.jpg

Sgt. Fury #1 CGC 8.5 th_sgtfury1.jpg

SSWS #84 CGC 9.0 th_ssws84-1.jpg

OFF #1 CGC 7.0 th_off1.jpg

AAMOW #94 CGC 9.4 th_aamow94.jpg

OAAW #82 CGC 7.5 th_oaaw82.jpg

OAAW #88 CGC 7.0 th_oaaw88.jpg

OAAW #95 CGC 8.5 th_oaaw95.jpg

OAAW #97 CGC 8.0 th_oaaw97.jpg

OAAW #112 CGC 7.5 th_oaaw112-1.jpg

OFF #20 CGC 8.5 th_off20-1.jpg

OFF #45 CGC 7.5 th_off45.jpg

OFF #49 CGC 9.0 th_off49.jpg

SSWS #85 CGC 7.5 th_ssws85-1.jpg

I will provide links and more information as I get it.

Thanks,

Andy

Good luck winning some. (thumbs u

I've consigned over 500 cgc graded books, most will be in their weekly Sunday auctions. All of these books were my best copies, let's find them some good homes. :wishluck:

Andy

+1

Andy,

I'm bummed that you're losing these, but I'm certain they'll all find a good home. You can count on some serious bidding from me and quite a few other collectors. Those are some åsskickin' war books every step of the way! (thumbs u

Mick

Thanks very much for the kind words, guys. (worship)

Why do I have the feeling we're going to see these as new acquistions by Bedrock soon on the SA War thread. lol

To be honest, I do want to see Richard post some new acquisitions from my collection, and I really hope that I see each and every one of you post a couple. I am never one to toot my own horn, but here's how I feel about seeing my books at auction. Aside from when Heritage auctioned off the Keith Marlow collection, I can't think of when there has ever been a collection of DC war of this depth and magnitude offered before.

Toot toot! :whistle:

Andy

Great books, Andy!

Probably out of my price range, but do please post an auction link when the time comes!

Thanks very much!

Actually, these ones probably won't go cheap, but you can always throw some bids in and see. All of the auction links are present in that first post, for those 20 books. You just have to click on the description of title and number and that will take you right to the auction. (thumbs u

There are hundreds of more affordable books coming up. Heritage will be listing 20 books every Sunday, starting with the Sunday immediately after the August Signature Auction and going continuously until February 2011. Every Sunday, please don't miss out! :wishluck:

Thanks again!

Andy

I just got a link to all of my books that are in the August Signature Auction. They are the same 20 that are listed above, but now all on one link.

Click here!

Thanks, Andy!

Say, is OAAW 88 the first Rock cover, or the first Kubert Rock cover anyway?

I just got a link to all of my books that are in the August Signature Auction. They are the same 20 that are listed above, but now all on one link.

Click here!

Thanks, Andy!

Say, is OAAW 88 the first Rock cover, or the first Kubert Rock cover anyway?

Yes, indeed, and scarce to boot. (thumbs u

Hard to find ungraded and hard to find graded. There are three 7.0s on the census and one 7.5. None higher. Talk about a book that's tough to find in high grade. As I've said many times over, for many, many DC war books, 7.0 is considered high grade.

Andy

Very cool, Andy!

Thanks Mike! :grin:

Unfortunately the CBG ad comes out shortly after the August Signature Auction is over, but there's going to be week after week of great books for many months straight. Nonetheless, I'm very happy and appreciative for the exposure that they're giving this sale.

Andy

I keep thinking back to what books should I have kept, if I were going to keep any. hm

Here's my top 5:

aamow94.jpg

oaaw60-1.jpg

ssws84-1.jpg

gic68.jpg

gic87.jpg

I felt that if I started holding back some, I would hold back more and more and more. The easiest thing to do was to not keep any.

However, I still have many books. Most of them are my lower graded slabbed books as well as all of my raw books. I've still got a nice collection that I can enjoy any time I want. Thankfully, I'm still very happy with what I've got. :cloud9:

Andy

I can't believe you're not keeping those five and that incredible OFF 20

CGC 8.5. :o That OFF 20 is a killer book and I would love to own a copy

one day. Those are some of the nicest DC War books we've seen

in a while. :cloud9:

I hope deep pockets Richard grabs a bunch so we can see them again.

Good luck bidding Richard and good luck with the auctions Andy and

I hope you make a killing. :wishluck:

I did notice the plethora of war books and you came to mind...glad I was right! Good luck on your sales. I think you consigned with the right company given the material...you definitely can't complain about the exposure. I'm jealous.