• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sale/Game/Prizes!!! #1 Registry Set for Big 5 DC War on Heritage

779 posts in this topic

Good luck with the auction!

I did notice the plethora of war books and you came to mind...glad I was right! Good luck on your sales. I think you consigned with the right company given the material...you definitely can't complain about the exposure. I'm jealous.

Thanks very much, guys! I believe that they will do very well. It'll be interesting to see how well, but obviously in a no reserve auction, that's all out of my control. Ze market will determine ze outcome. (thumbs u To be honest, I am really, really hoping that some of you fine folks will be able to pick up some of my books. If not the big keys, then some of the small books that will be offered lately. It'll be very sweet if you can win them for good prices as well. I mean, if the books don't fetch high prices, it'd be ideal if you guys could win them. :wishluck:

Andy

Any top census paratrooper books in this auction?

You'd have to give me a list of paratrooper covers, then I could let you know. There's bound to be one or two.

Andy

Amazing.. why are you selling all those? Are you getting out of the hobby?

Priorities is probably the best way to put it. Did I want to sell them? No. Of course not. But I'll be better off in other ways.

Andy

Hi guys and gals! :hi:

I've decided to make a game out of my auctions. Guess the final hammer price, including buyer's premium, and score points depending on how close you get. I would like to have lots of people join in and play this game with us, as the saying goes "the more the merrier". I'm not going to make a big thread about it, I'm just going to hide this contest within this thread. I don't think any rules are being broken. Please tell as many people as you want/can, everyone is welcome to play. The points will be accumulative and this contest will run for the whole duration of my books being auctioned, approximately 6-7 months. I will award prizes to the top 5 who lead in points after my final auction is over. I will also award weekly prizes to the point leader for that week. One of the main prizes will definitely be a copy of G. I. Combat #87, I think I still have another copy of that book around here somewhere here. :shy: People are welcome to join late, and will be eligible to win weekly prizes, but will be at a slight disadvantage in winning the big kahuna. Mind you, all it takes is a bulls-eye to get you right back into the running. (thumbs u All prizes will be mailed out after all of these auctions are finished.

You may PM me your guesses or post them right here in this thread. Guesses must be submitted at least 24 hours before auctions end. I will be posting my guesses here for everyone to see.

I will not be looking at the cent value, just the dollar value. Here's how you score points:

Bulls-eye: 100 points

+/- $1: 50 points

+/- $5: 20 points

+/- $10: 5 points

+/- $20: 3 points

+/- $50: 1 point

I'm going to be playing along as well, and it'll be very interesting to see how close we get and if we really do have a good idea about "value" of these books right now. We can also discuss scarcity on the census, what the book means to us, GPA value, results from previous Comic Link auctions, etc...

Thanks for checking in and here's to hoping many people join my little game and we have a lot of fun. (thumbs u

I'm really looking forward to this. :popcorn:

If something's unclear, or if you have any questions, please PM me or ask here in this thread.

Thanks,

Andy

Here's my estimates:

AAMOW #128 CGC 7.5 $846

Captain Science #4 CGC 9.2 $1110

GIC #68 CGC 7.0 $1912

GIC #87 CGC 6.5 $1100

OAAW #60 CGC 9.0 $1075

OAAW #81 CGC 6.5 $1792

OAAW #83 CGC 5.5 $1190

Sgt. Fury #1 CGC 8.5 $3465

SSWS #84 CGC 9.0 $2987

OFF #1 CGC 7.0 $622

AAMOW #94 CGC 9.4 $1314

OAAW #82 CGC 7.5 $1075

OAAW #88 CGC 7.0 $593

OAAW #95 CGC 8.5 $567

OAAW #97 CGC 8.0 $478

OAAW #112 CGC 7.5 $700

OFF #20 CGC 8.5 $888

OFF #45 CGC 7.5 $1314

OFF #49 CGC 9.0 $1075

SSWS #85 CGC 7.5 $430

Call me a crackpot, call me hopeful, but I guess we'll see soon enough. (thumbs u

Andy

Andy are you going to list the books each week? Or do we also have to guess which books are yours? :devil:

Fantastic Books....I of course have my eye on the Sgt Fury #1.

Hasta,

Pablo

Andy are you going to list the books each week? Or do we also have to guess which books are yours? :devil:

Hasta,

Pablo

Just post the amounts of all the books in the Heritage auction.

Hasta,

Pablo

Yes, I will be posting the books each week. Some from the following auction are posted already, but I wanted to wait until they had the photos up before I provided the link to them. I will most likely post the 2nd batch in the next few days.

Thanks for PMing your guesses, Pablo! (thumbs u

Andy

Hasta,

Pablo

Just copy this list below, take out the "xxx" and enter the price that you think the books will sell for on Heritage. Easy as pie. (thumbs u

This goes for you as well, Mike. :baiting: Get your guesses in. :grin:

AAMOW #128 CGC 7.5 $xxx

Captain Science #4 CGC 9.2 $xxx

GIC #68 CGC 7.0 $xxx

GIC #87 CGC 6.5 $xxx

OAAW #60 CGC 9.0 $xxx

OAAW #81 CGC 6.5 $xxx

OAAW #83 CGC 5.5 $xxx

Sgt. Fury #1 CGC 8.5 $xxx

SSWS #84 CGC 9.0 $xxx

OFF #1 CGC 7.0 $xxx

AAMOW #94 CGC 9.4 $xxx

OAAW #82 CGC 7.5 $xxx

OAAW #88 CGC 7.0 $xxx

OAAW #95 CGC 8.5 $xxx

OAAW #97 CGC 8.0 $xxx

OAAW #112 CGC 7.5 $xxx

OFF #20 CGC 8.5 $xxx

OFF #45 CGC 7.5 $xxx

OFF #49 CGC 9.0 $xxx

SSWS #85 CGC 7.5 $xxx

Hasta,

Pablo

:signfunny:

Okay, I've only got 3 signed up, including me. :( If it stays this way, those 2 will win prizes about 25 prizes each. :o

C'mon people, get me your estimates. :baiting:

Andy

I'm in!

(thumbs u Predictions in.

A low grade slabbed GIC 87 will fit nicely back into my collection. :cloud9:

Great idea Andy and Good Luck on your awesome collection.

I wish I had a credit card...or...maybe not and I might wind up living

in a long box down on Main Street. :insane:

Excellent!!! Great to have you both. :luhv:

Some of you may be unsure of the market for DC war comics, and it's really not easy to know unless you've been following them for some time. Having a subscription to GPA may help, but even GPA can fluctuate quite dramatically from sale to sale. Don't feel hesitant about joining the contest for this reason. The point is to have fun and to make it a bit more interesting. I'm adding a bit of info below that make make peoples guesses closer or not close at all. :insane:

Here's what the Overstreet says for these books in their grades:

AAMOW #128 CGC 7.5 $370.50 High grade copy of the second issue should get more than Overstreet.

Captain Science #4 CGC 9.2 $1250 Hoping to get full guide on this book. Last one sold for under $1000, IIRC.

GIC #68 CGC 7.0 $529 Hot book should command a higher price than this.

GIC #87 CGC 6.5 $437.50 Expect double or thereabouts.

OAAW #60 CGC 9.0 $287 Cool cover, highest graded = desirable, $$$.

OAAW #81 CGC 6.5 $1109.50 Guide would be nice on this book.

OAAW #83 CGC 5.5 $583 The Rock book to get. Sells above Overstreet in any grade.

Sgt. Fury #1 CGC 8.5 $2766.50 Guide is close, but this book is hot in high grade and rarely comes up for sale.

SSWS #84 CGC 9.0 $304 1st Mlle. Marie will sell for 10x guide.

OFF #1 CGC 7.0 $690 1st issue losing steam. Guide is accurate.

AAMOW #94 CGC 9.4 $125 in 9.2 Double guide for an 8.0. 9.4?? Over a grand.

OAAW #82 CGC 7.5 $470.25 Big grade on this semi-key book. Double guide.

OAAW #88 CGC 7.0 $281.50 Scarce, early Rock. Double to triple guide.

OAAW #95 CGC 8.5 $285.50 Sub #100 OAAW Rock book in high grade. Should do well, but not stratospheric.

OAAW #97 CGC 8.0 $183 Sub #100 OAAW Rock book in high grade. Should do well, but not stratospheric.

OAAW #112 CGC 7.5 $162 Classic cover, high grade, should kick-@ss! Guide is silly.

OFF #20 CGC 8.5 $346 Gorgeous painted cover, highest graded copy, should get at least double guide.

OFF #45 CGC 7.5 $347.25 Key issue, should double guide at least.

OFF #49 CGC 9.0 $270 1st Pooch, key issue. Will do well, probably $800-$1000. Could surprise if there's multiple serious buyers.

SSWS #85 CGC 7.5 $91.50 Could be least successful of the bunch. Hard to find 2nd Mlle. Marie, especially in this grade. Would like to see $500-$600 but could fall below $400.

Well, we've got 8 participants so far with hopefully lots more to come. :wishluck:

This first group of 20 books we'll refer to as Week 1

The books from Week 2 actually ends the day after Week 1 and I'll be posting a list of all of those books very shortly. (thumbs u

Once I post that 2nd list, please review it and get me those predictions as well.

Thanks all!

Andy