• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1966 Batman and Robin Comic Strips based on the television show.

5 posts in this topic

Here's something a lot of Batman collectors haven't seen. To my knowledge these have never been reprinted. I was going through my comic stash and came across these comic strips. It looks like I have all of them. Amazing they survived. The first story were Batman and Robin battle the Penguin is very much like the TV series as far as story goes. The next story got better with Batman fighting Nasty Napoleon. Infantino started doing the drawing on the 2nd story and so on. These first came out May 29, 1966, on Sunday's in the Chicago Tribune newspaper. Not sure anyone collects this stuff or even cares, but I'm posting the 1st story here in this thread for anyone thats interested. Anyone know if these are worth anything? I have no idea why these have never been reprinted. I have seen older Batman comic strips reprinted by Dark Horse. Those are much better stories. These stories I'm showing were more like the TV show. I love coming up with this oddball stuff to show.

Enjoy!

BatStrip1a.jpg

BatStrip1b.jpg

BatStrip1c.jpg

BatStrip1d.jpg

From what I see the Joker looks normal, like from the comics. If you notice, the Batmobile looks like the one from the comics of that time also. What I should have said was the comic strips are "loosely based" on the TV show. A lot of the corny stuff like the show had.

I'll add the next story later this week. Same Bat time, Same Bat Thread.