• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Sixth Gun

5,597 posts in this topic

I'm not much of a western comic reader, but I picked up issues 1 and 2 this past week from my LCS. I finally sat down and read both of them... and I'm addicted to the writing. The art isn't perfect, but I've seen worse out there.

Yes, it's another zombie type book, but there's something about it that has that "I need more" effect.

If you're bored, pick up issue one, read it and let me know what you think.

So I searched and found this thread.

An employee at my LCS was telling me how absolutely insanely amazing this story is, how underrated it is, and how of all the books he reads, this is the only one aside from TWD he reads the day it comes out.

So is anyone else aside from who posted here already reading this? I'm gonna pick up the trades to catch up and really looking forward to it.

Edit: You can read the first issue for free on Comixology here

Forgot about this. Well, willing to give it a go again, found the first two issues, ordered... they should be with me when i get back from holiday. *waits for the sun to make its way to the end of the pool*

While they don't have hardcover trades, they do have trade paperbacks available I found on Amazon for $17 each.

The story itself is so different from anything I've ever heard or read in recent times, really looking forward to getting into this. Glad this got some mild interest on the boards too! I figure me rehashing this year old thread would have it buried right back down to the 2nd/3rd/etc page in no time.

I've been reading this book since the first FCBD issue came out in 2010. It's an amazing story with great art. I loved the surprise silent issue that was written recently (without spoiling it too much one of the issues in the 20s).

It's been a solid read for me and I can't wait to read it each month. What's not to love about six cursed guns that give it's owners mystic powers.