• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submitting Comics for CGC at a Comic Convention

49 posts in this topic

Was about to fill out form through DWC website. I was hoping I could do all my print outs at work, since I don't have a printer at home. But I think I have to print on the spot, and don't have the option for the form to be emailed and print later.

What to do?

• Administrator

A copy of the form will be e-mailed to the address you provide. You can print this out at a later time, but will need to manually write your credit card information (if that is the method of payment) as it is obscured for security purposes.

• Administrator
You do not need to be a member to submit comics at a convention. However, if you fill out the submission forms in advance online (either through Collectors Society or one of our internet Affiliates) you will receive the 10% discount on your grading fees.

Does the 10% discount apply if I fill out a signature submission form? Does the discount also apply to on-site grading?

There is no discount for on-site grading or for Signature Series by using the online form.

You do not need to be a member to submit comics at a convention. However, if you fill out the submission forms in advance online (either through Collectors Society or one of our internet Affiliates) you will receive the 10% discount on your grading fees.

But don't you need to be a member to access the submission forms on the cgc site? I want to submit at Big Apple this weekend but cannot access the submission forms. Am I doing something wrong? I'd love that 10% off.

I would like to become a member and submit books in person at nycc using my 4 free submissions and probably a couple more books.

Should I join online prior to the show or can I do everything at the CGC booth.

What do you recommend?

Thanks!

Thank you for the help earlier. I did in fact submit books at the Big Apple show in NYC about 3 weeks ago. I plan on attending the East Coast Comic Con and submitting a few more. Is it possible to have the first submission held so that these new books can be shipped along with them and save me the additional s/h charges?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

- da'Bird

If you had submitted books all at once and there were all on the same tier of service then yes, we would be able to ship them together. We won't be able to hold yours and wait for others to be finished. When something is done we ship it right away to not have any additional insurance cost.

I have nothing to contribute to this thread regarding the topic at hand, particularly anyway......

I just wanted to give Bree a tip of the hat on account of her professionalism and how much she kicks arse, generally speaking.

I absentmindedly left a few books in a box of under her table at CGC's booth at the Big Apple Con on the 7th when I gave her a few submissions.....half an hour later, she tracked me down upstairs and gave the box back to me.Yeah, these sorta things happen when one gets no sleep the night before the show due to bagging/boarding new stock and consequently, one subsists on a diet of a slice of pizza and a 6 pack of Red Bulls, during the show.No sleep + an overheated room + lotsa caffiene = super sweaty, cracked out and not too quick on the uptake.....

.....but Bree quickly handled my submissions with care and went a step beyond, by helping out an insufficiently_thoughtful_person by finding said insufficiently_thoughtful_person and giving him a box of books he left behind.

Give the pretty lady a raise, CGC !!!

I'll be dropping off a bunch of books at Philly Wizardworld for onsite grading. Does my 10% discount only apply if I have the forms filled out ahead of time? Asking because I may change my mind on some of the books at the last minute so if I fill them out at home, I'd rather print them out blank and write the info in manually. Whatever the rules are for the discount to apply, I'll do. Please let me know. Thanx

There is no discount for books done on-site. If you have us take them back to Florida and grade them there then the 10% discount applies.

Thanks,

There is no discount for books done on-site. If you have us take them back to Florida and grade them there then the 10% discount applies.

Thanks,

Ok thanx for clearing that up. I misunderstood this on the news bulletin "As a bonus, if you sign up for a Collector Society Membership at a show that CGC is attending, you can immediately apply your grading credit and receive a discount on your submissions for the entire show" to mean that the 10% discount would also apply

On 2010-8-24 at 11:47 AM, Gemma said:

At this time the pricing for on-site grading is as follows:

* Modern (Comics 1980-present valued $200 or less) - $24

* Economy (Comics valued $300 or less) - $45

* Standard (Comics valued $1,000 or less) - $75

* Express (Comics valued $3,000 or less) - $125

* WalkThru (Comics any value) – min $150 max $1,500 2.5% FMV

The books are guaranteed to be completed by the end of the convention.

Has there been any changes to on-site pricing for SS? Looking at Nickel City Comic Con next weekend, for some on-site submissions. Also, is there a different price for re-holdering? I have a couple of slabs that got damaged in shipping, that I would like to replace the slab itself.

Can you drop off CGC slabs at a con for reholdering service? Not onsite...but to save shipping and insurance costs.

On 04/05/2015 at 12:56 PM, Bree said:

Thanks,

Hi Gemma,

I am based in London, UK. By any chance will CGC come to any of the conventions or shows in the UK so I may submit books onsite to be graded? Thank you so much for your time!