• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SD GA Report?

230 posts in this topic

He's also putting up his Zip Comics Church run (the entire run) for sale for the first time. I was talking to Mark Haspel who was informing me that it's basically an impossible run to put together in any grade (the later issues just are never to be found) and so the Church run (which is made up of mostly 9.6/9.8 copies along with one 9.9 copy...from 1940) is a pretty impressive run.

Wow, I'd love to see some pictures of these.

I'll see if he'll let me snap pics of these. They are just unreal.

The 9.9 is the earliest example of an actual newsstand issue comic to receive a CGC 9.9 designation.

:thumbsup:

He's also putting up his Zip Comics Church run (the entire run) for sale for the first time. I was talking to Mark Haspel who was informing me that it's basically an impossible run to put together in any grade (the later issues just are never to be found) and so the Church run (which is made up of mostly 9.6/9.8 copies along with one 9.9 copy...from 1940) is a pretty impressive run.

Wow, I'd love to see some pictures of these.

I'll see if he'll let me snap pics of these. They are just unreal.

The 9.9 is the earliest example of an actual newsstand issue comic to receive a CGC 9.9 designation

wait 'til i start slabbing my raw stuff.

I like the Zip comics from the middle of the run about when the Web started. Don't think the Red Rube was as gruesome or as much fun.

2233378545_f59a1b79f6.jpg2702327806_dfe1574303.jpg

2702328048_328f38625c.jpg3149417132_3ba9dd1a29.jpg

Issue 24 scan is mine and the rest are from GA.UK

SDCC is a pretty good show this year, though the Gold/Silver area keeps shrinking and shrinking. There were many great dealer displays throughout the confined area.

As always, I enjoyed meeting and chatting with fellow Board members Bedrock (Richard), r1970d (Roy), 1koko (George), G.A.tor (rick), innocuous (Jay), Primetime (Ben), Inaflash (Ken), Bunky Bros, among others.

Some of the dealers I spent some time with included Harley Yee, Superworld Ted, JHV Joe, Richard Tomorrow's Treasures, Steve and Matt Worldwide, A-1 Brian, Dale Roberts, Jamie So Cal, Comic Heaven John, Jamie Graham Crackers, Ron Murray, Adam Filter, Terry's Comics, etc.

Highlights? A half-run of Catmans sold as a stack to Harley Yee. A nice Action 14 walking into the show (soon bought by me!). Motor City having a restored New Fun Comics 1 (the first DC) for sale. Verzyl's Church books. Having a nice chat with a serious MLJ collector whom I didn't know (nice fellow, sorry forgot his name).

Centaurs, early Fox, early Fiction House, and MLJ's were very, very scarce, hardly to be found at the Con at all. Decent amout of Qualities seen. More Timelys than I've seen in the past. DC everywhere. Some nice EC's to be had. Oh, Superworld Ted had a solid unrestored New Adventure 16 (average pages).

The most common GA book I saw at the show was Captain America 15...think I counted 8 of them - what's up with that?

All in all, a very good time...maybe I will go back tomorrow... hm

I like the Zip comics from the middle of the run about when the Web started. Don't think the Red Rube was as gruesome or as much fun.

2233378545_f59a1b79f6.jpg2702327806_dfe1574303.jpg

2702328048_328f38625c.jpg3149417132_3ba9dd1a29.jpg

Issue 24 scan is mine and the rest are from GA.UK

These are great books and I still need three issues right around these, however, I don't think any 9.6+ are ending up in my boxes. I can say I can't find any other copies at the dealers here, but planned on buying any of the ones I could find.

SDCC is a pretty good show this year, though the Gold/Silver area keeps shrinking and shrinking. There were many great dealer displays throughout the confined area.

As always, I enjoyed meeting and chatting with fellow Board members Bedrock (Richard), r1970d (Roy), 1koko (George), G.A.tor (rick), innocuous (Jay), Primetime (Ben), Inaflash (Ken), Bunky Bros, among others.

Some of the dealers I spent some time with included Harley Yee, Superworld Ted, JHV Joe, Richard Tomorrow's Treasures, Steve and Matt Worldwide, A-1 Brian, Dale Roberts, Jamie So Cal, Comic Heaven John, Jamie Graham Crackers, Ron Murray, Adam Filter, Terry's Comics, etc.

Highlights? A half-run of Catmans sold as a stack to Harley Yee. A nice Action 14 walking into the show (soon bought by me!). Motor City having a restored New Fun Comics 1 (the first DC) for sale. Verzyl's Church books. Having a nice chat with a serious MLJ collector whom I didn't know (nice fellow, sorry forgot his name).

Centaurs, early Fox, early Fiction House, and MLJ's were very, very scarce, hardly to be found at the Con at all. Decent amout of Qualities seen. More Timelys than I've seen in the past. DC everywhere. Some nice EC's to be had. Oh, Superworld Ted had a solid unrestored New Adventure 16 (average pages).

The most common GA book I saw at the show was Captain America 15...think I counted 8 of them - what's up with that?

Congratulations on the Action #14 I can't wait to see it! (thumbs u

Any clue what he is asking, It's gotta be some serious coin

400 g's-1/2 mil is my guess.

Good guess, Billy. He's asking 400K. There's talk that he might be willing to break up the run if he gets enough offers on individual issues to make the total add up to his 400K asking price.

Congratulations on the Action #14 I can't wait to see it! (thumbs u

Been keeping an eye out for a #94 for ya', Mike, but haven't seen one yet.

Great report (thumbs u

Been keeping an eye out for a #94 for ya', Mike, but haven't seen one yet.

I have a # 94. As a matter of fact, its a SS gift from the '08 Christmas gift exchange. Hellblazer (James) sent it to me. Not in perfect condition......but its all there (thumbs u

Action94.jpg