• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Incredible CGC books! Non-CGC books! Some ending soon...

17 posts in this topic

Please check out my auctions: RushComics Auctions

Ending soon!

CGC 8.0 Strange Tales # 101 1st SA solo Human Torch by Kirby! thumbsup2.gif

CGC 7.5 Marvel Mystery Comics # 80 1/47 1st Captain America appearance in this title! thumbsup2.gif

Not to mention an Iron Fist # 15 (Byrne X-Men), 80-Page Giant # 3 (Lois Lane) and some other stuff.....

New auctions!

CGC 8.5! Captain America Comics # 53 1945 only 3 better! thumbsup2.gif

CGC 7.0 Action Comics # 70 3rd best copy, "D" copy pedigree thumbsup2.gif

Not to mention a whole bunch of other new stuff..

Please, even if you don't want to bid, check out the pictures!

Also, Buzzy # 70 graded by the best grading company of them all, CGG ! (Just kidding..)

I placed some high bids on there for ya! BTW, I owned the MH copy of Action #70, awesome cover! I wonder if your front cover has those same "streaks" of gloss in the black areas that mine did!?!

Timely

Hi Timely,

Thanks for bidding, and good luck! Out of curiousity which books did you bid on?

I'm going to be putting up some more nice CGC books in the near future.

I didn't notice any streaks on my Action # 70. You had the Mile High Copy? Cool, was it CGCed? (I assume it was one of the two copies better than mine..)

My Action # 70 is actually the only "pedigree" book I ever owned, and when it was sold to me I wasn't told it was pedigree.

Do you know, out of curiousity, what the "D" copy collection *is*, exactly?

When I bought the book and examined it, I suspected it was a pedigree, but I actually suspected it was from a collection I read about in the Gerber Photo Journal, the "Cosmic Aeroplane Collection." I suspected this because a few interior panels had light pencilled check marks next to them, as the Cosmic Aeroplane Collection was described in Gerber.

I have two other issues of Action I also suspect are "D" copies, I thought the # 70 was the best of the three, I sent another in I'm still waiting to come back, the third I'm holding on to at present.

I also have another question, more technical than anything else. I think there's something wrong with my counter in one of my ebay auctions. The Captain America # 53 says it has three views, which is impossible because it has six bids. What could have gone wrong with the counter? (The Action, in the mean time, has 74 views based on the counter!)

Thanks again,

Charlie

Your STT 101 is doing quite well. Was hoping those cream pages would turn off bidders so I could get it for cheap, but.. it's already almost at the same price the OW copy just sold for. Nice for you, bad for me ;(

Brian

Hey Charlie, I did just get your PM, and I responded to it.

FYI - when you send a PM, it won't show up in your sent list unless you check the box that says something like "keep a copy of PM" before you click send.

Jeff

NM: Thanks, I'll let you know on that.. also, thanks on the PM info..

Murph: Thanks, yes, the ST 101 is doing well, I hope the bidder noticed that I stated in my auction that I'll only take PayPal from United States confirmed-address bidders. The ST 101 bidder is in the UK. (But, hey, I'll be happy if he'll send me a money order or check as long as it's in US Dollars and clears the bank.)

The PayPal stories about people with fake credit cards have me a bit scared, so I'm trying to do everything within the "Pay Pal Seller Protection Policy," at least for these "big money" auctions.

Charlie

NM: Thanks, I'll let you know on that.. also, thanks on the PM info..

Murph: Thanks, yes, the ST 101 is doing well, I hope the bidder noticed that I stated in my auction that I'll only take PayPal from United States confirmed-address bidders. The ST 101 bidder is in the UK. (But, hey, I'll be happy if he'll send me a money order or check as long as it's in US Dollars and clears the bank.)

Remember Bidpay in situations like that.

You got a real nice price on that STT 101. Interesting to note that the same book, with a better cut and with "ow" pages instead of "c-ow" pages went for almost 100 dollars less just a week before. Wonder how that happened 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Brian

Please check out my auctions: RushComics Auctions

Just a few days left on these babies!

CGC 8.5! Captain America Comics # 53 1945 only 3 better! thumbsup2.gif

CGC 7.0 Action Comics # 70 3rd best copy, "D" copy pedigree thumbsup2.gif

I'm putting up some new auctions later today--I'm going easy this week, and only putting up a couple "major" CGC books, when I put them up I'll let you know.

Charlie