• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2 Exciting Comics, both Schomburg-c, both CGC 9.4 pedigree copies!

17 posts in this topic

Well, he started doing the airbrush covers later in his comic career, around 1947. Schomburg was not doing work for Timely then. It would have been awesome to see an airbrushed Marvel Mystery cover, can you imagine! cloud9.gif

Timely

Do you collect Timely war covers too?

Timely

Timely,

My funds are pretty limited, so I've had to narrowly focus my collecting. When the Photojournals first came out, Timelys received a great deal of attention(especially Schomburg covers), but little attention was paid to Nedors. I've been able to pick up some pretty nice examples without mortgaging the house(several of which you've seen in the Nedor thread).

Don't get me wrong, there are dozens of Timely books that I'd love to own. I especially like the ones that have back cover pin-ups. But in almost twenty years of buying Golden Age, I've only owned one Timely book, a Cap 39 that I traded off years ago.

My other passion is DC Golden Age, but again, I can't afford keys, so I collect runs of certain titles that have great covers, like Action 52-63 and Supes 10-20. I've just started on Flash 10-20.

Jeff

My other passion is DC Golden Age, but again, I can't afford keys, so I collect runs of certain titles that have great covers, like Action 52-63 and Supes 10-20. I've just started on Flash 10-20.

Jeff

I can see why you started collecting Actions and Superman's in those number ranges, awesome books. I'm not a big fan of Flash 10-20 though. I would go for Flash 21-33 for my $$$, they are less expensive and have more classic covers, IMO! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Timely

Did you get it from Pat Kochanek? I remember he held onto it for a number of years. Investment Collectibles has the San Francisco copy(9.6) on their site for a mere $9500. I'm happy with my 7.5 copy.

Pat had the book and sold it to a friend of mine, I got it from him.

I've owned about 300 Mile Highs, 90% DC superhero titles

Timely

Do you still have a lot of GA DC's or did you sell them to get all the Timelys?