• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman #75 Platinum (1993) question...
3 3

56 posts in this topic

Question:

Since there were 10,000 copies of the Superman #75 Platinum edition printed...

and since the books are all numbered... does anyone know if the numbers are 0000 to 9999?

I have just picked up a signed Superman #75 Platinum that is numbered "10921 A".

I'm wondering if these were additional to the 10,000 copies, and how many they made...

or if they are supposed to be part of the 10,000?

Superman75Platinum_Breeding.jpg

Superman75Platinum_Breeding_back.jpg

Greg--I can't speak to the numbering but I suspect it was simply signed by Breeding after the fact.

He did a _lot_ of signings as part of the promotion (I attended two in the Philly area alone in '93) so at least in the Philly area, you can still find all sorts of Supes 75 issues signed by Jurgens, Breeding, etc.

Greg--I can't speak to the numbering but I suspect it was simply signed by Breeding after the fact.

He did a _lot_ of signings as part of the promotion (I attended two in the Philly area alone in '93) so at least in the Philly area, you can still find all sorts of Supes 75 issues signed by Jurgens, Breeding, etc.

I would tend to agree that the signing is after-the-fact, however, I'm somewhat intrigued by the fact that there is an "A" in the numbering scheme and that the number itself is above 10,000.

What does the "A" mean? "Autographed"?

If mine is "10921 A" does that mean there are 1,000 copies purposefully created for signing? (Or are there more than 1,000?)

Was there an official solicitation or any type of distribution program for the "A" copies?

All other copies that I have seen do not exceed the 9999 numbering, and they don't have the "A".

102249.jpg.ee3267e524030e48b5823c0a0c6e04dd.jpg

This is actually a bit of a mystery, isn't it?

I love stuff like this.

Maybe this mystery will turn out like Spiderman #1 Platinum

and Neat Stuff will end up with a case of them on Ebay... killing the fun.

(:

This is actually a bit of a mystery, isn't it?

I love stuff like this.

Maybe this mystery will turn out like Spiderman #1 Platinum

and Neat Stuff will end up with a case of them on Ebay... killing the fun.

(:

:P

I would tend to agree that the signing is after-the-fact, however, I'm somewhat intrigued by the fact that there is an "A" in the numbering scheme and that the number itself is above 10,000.

If mine is "10921 A" does that mean there are 1,000 copies purposefully created for signing? (Or are there more than 1,000?)

Was there an official solicitation or any type of distribution program for the "A" copies?

All other copies that I have seen do not exceed the 9999 numbering, and they don't have the "A".

My platinum is unsigned and is numbered 2366. Your theory still holds. :)

My platinum is unsigned and is numbered 2366. Your theory still holds. :)

Thanks for checking! Anyone ever seen a copy numbered below 1000? hm

I have 3 copies and none with an A. Two are signed by Dan Jurgens but they were signed after I aquired them raw.

Thanks! I debated whether to buy this book, but I'm glad I did just for the "conversation piece" aspect. (thumbs u

Anyone ever seen a copy numbered below 1000? hm

I'll check my three tonight and see what I find. They've been tucked away for a long time, so I even forgot if they were serial numbered or not.

I'm still debating whether or not to send my Batman 492 Platinums to Dragon Con to be signed.

It means Adulterer.

Maybe it's a typo ? (shrug)

I have 10017, 2641, and 3661.

We sure about that 10,000 print run?

The only number that I've seen is 10,000 for the print run, but the fact that mine is 10921 says there are either more than 10,000, or they started the numbering at 1000.

Does your 10017 have an "A" after it? hm