• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where are the Mad Magazine collectors?
10 10

1,272 posts in this topic

On 5/20/2018 at 3:56 PM, Robot Man said:

Flea market find today!

3FB6C901-1F0A-4F7A-A085-F78072291596.jpeg

7DA4E39E-3A96-4239-86A9-25DAA7C84086.jpeg

Nice thread on those. help. Magazines started by OtherEric 

you have some nice ones, he has the complete full run now and gives some info about them in his thread‼️?

Beat but complete.  I'll happily take it:

On a tangent, does anybody know the last issue that was still burning off Kurtzman inventory?  I know 29 and 30 definitely had some, but I'm not sure about 31 (or any later issues).

Mad_29.jpg

I believe it was #30 but but it is hard to tell since he wasn't writing or doing any art in these. Have to rely on the history books I guess. Too lazy to google it...

Love the "border issues" just so classic. Last one I needed to complete my complete set was #28 (the spring cover). Man, that one was tough. Still is I think. I have bought many groups of old MADs over the years and that is the one that is always missing. Low distribution?

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

I believe it was #30 but but it is hard to tell since he wasn't writing or doing any art in these. Have to rely on the history books I guess. Too lazy to google it...

Love the "border issues" just so classic. Last one I needed to complete my complete set was #28 (the spring cover). Man, that one was tough. Still is I think. I have bought many groups of old MADs over the years and that is the one that is always missing. Low distribution?

There are three variants of the spring issue, with different text in the banner in the corner.  I suspect a fair number of people have all three, reducing the number of copies in circulation.  

On 6/10/2018 at 12:31 PM, FoggyNelson said:

Number 27 above cover , so much is going on with that cover , one could look at that cover for an hour an still not see everything ???‼️ Simply amazing‼️?

Yeah, that's the ultimate vintage-Mad cover in my opinion. I read somewhere that Jack Davis said doing this cover made him go a bit insane.

On 6/19/2018 at 9:30 AM, OtherEric said:

There are three variants of the spring issue, with different text in the banner in the corner.  I suspect a fair number of people have all three, reducing the number of copies in circulation.  

I have all three...

One says "guided missiles," and the others say "income tax guide," with the variation being the exact wording of the subtext, and the placement of the little "ANC" acronym (of which I forget the meaning...some sort of publisher code?).

spring-spring-spring.jpg

59 minutes ago, Doohickamabob said:

I have all three...

One says "guided missiles," and the others say "income tax guide," with the variation being the exact wording of the subtext, and the placement of the little "ANC" acronym (of which I forget the meaning...some sort of publisher code?).

spring-spring-spring.jpg

I think it’s a distributor code,  but not positive.