• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where are the Mad Magazine collectors?
10 10

1,272 posts in this topic

On 11/9/2019 at 10:42 AM, Robot Man said:

#10 is the latest one I got. Supposedly the last issue of new material. I have a few issues still left on my subscription. Be interesting to see what happens. Then, sadly, I’m probably done...:sorry:

Yes, sadly an end of an era is near😢😢

OK, so the news of MAD Magazine might be slightly exaggerated...

I received issue #11 in the mail today. At first glance, the (rather ugly) cover seems current. Further inspection of the insides appear to also be new/current content. I see one or two pages that could maybe be reprints. 

Then there is this page where MAD neither confirms or denies it’s passing. Rather they have a MAD dartboard that they want fans to decide. For real or not? 

MAD is still breathing at this writing...

B2065D0C-C4CB-41D6-B6FC-58D7836D3F1F.jpeg

47E140A1-90E3-4015-B955-D1C3B77D87C4.jpeg

While we are at it, how about a shout out to Cracked and Harvey Kurtzman?

I forgot there were two versions of Second Helping. The only differences I can see are the two different pictures in the spoon and the girl’s face is “smoothed out” in the revised edition. Both say 1st editions but one says “revised” on the cover with the changes noted. (shrug)

0DBC2C51-B386-44AF-9D67-421FE08D62A8.jpeg

F72D8A41-832C-4C2A-8A65-3A1CC7F2DD91.jpeg

65108CCE-685D-48F3-AA65-6FF0A25E7637.jpeg

E6ED3E6B-1D07-4FD5-B635-963C29AFF48F.jpeg

C6A235D9-8158-4C60-9B3D-CBA366A9CB14.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

7 hours ago, Robot Man said:

While we are at it, how about a shout out to Cracked and Harvey Kurtzman?

I forgot there were two versions of Second Helping. The only differences I can see are the two different pictures in the spoon and the girl’s face is “smoothed out” in the revised edition. Both say 1st editions but one says “revised” on the cover with the changes noted. (shrug)

65108CCE-685D-48F3-AA65-6FF0A25E7637.jpeg

I think the change was because of the cover image, for obvious reasons jokes involving JFK didn't go over well after November 22, 1963.

I have the complete run of Help!, it's a mixed bag but has a lot of fun stuff.

On 12/9/2019 at 7:31 PM, Robot Man said:

OK, so the news of MAD Magazine might be slightly exaggerated...

I received issue #11 in the mail today. At first glance, the (rather ugly) cover seems current. Further inspection of the insides appear to also be new/current content. I see one or two pages that could maybe be reprints. 

Then there is this page where MAD neither confirms or denies it’s passing. Rather they have a MAD dartboard that they want fans to decide. For real or not? 

MAD is still breathing at this writing...

B2065D0C-C4CB-41D6-B6FC-58D7836D3F1F.jpeg

47E140A1-90E3-4015-B955-D1C3B77D87C4.jpeg

Thanks for posting the latest issue of MAD👍😁😁

Happy New Year Mad freaks!  

Sorry if this has been covered but I can't find anything after searching...

I want to preserve my Mads in Mylar.  I like to use the Mylites2 and full-backs for my comics.  Is there an equivalent for Mad-sized books?  On Gerber's site they list #875 ("Large Comics, Mag. and Letter") and #900 ("Standard Magazine").  Based on the sizes listed, the 875 seems too small and the 900 looks huge.  Which ones do you guys use?  Thanks for any input.

52 minutes ago, Roo_Phillip said:

Happy New Year Mad freaks!  

Sorry if this has been covered but I can't find anything after searching...

I want to preserve my Mads in Mylar.  I like to use the Mylites2 and full-backs for my comics.  Is there an equivalent for Mad-sized books?  On Gerber's site they list #875 ("Large Comics, Mag. and Letter") and #900 ("Standard Magazine").  Based on the sizes listed, the 875 seems too small and the 900 looks huge.  Which ones do you guys use?  Thanks for any input.

I use the 900m2 for all my mags.  I have a few Mad mags and they fit nicely in the 900m2.  However, be aware that the 900m2 are sold out all over and won't be back in stock from Gerber until maybe end of January or February as per the folks at Gerber.

11 hours ago, chevalmeow said:

I use the 900m2 for all my mags.  I have a few Mad mags and they fit nicely in the 900m2.  However, be aware that the 900m2 are sold out all over and won't be back in stock from Gerber until maybe end of January or February as per the folks at Gerber.

Completely correct.  All of my mags are in 900m2 with 858FB fullbacks.  Unfortunately, they are constantly fluctuating between catching up and being on back order.  The fullbacks in particular.  I have a buddy that orders them 1000 at a time and uses 2-3 of them for each book (sounds like overkill but it is a very nice presentation).  My recommendation is to contact Gerber, place order and wait until they ship.