• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where are the Mad Magazine collectors?
10 10

1,272 posts in this topic

On 12/12/2023 at 9:02 PM, OtherEric said:

I can't recall seeing many Martin signatures before...

He didn’t do many comic cons. I got him at SDCC many years ago. I have a copy of Completely MAD with a ton of EC and MAD folks and I had him sign it as well. Cool guy!

As per freakin' usual, life got in the way of my sales thread plans.  A week long sinus infection, three snow storms in less then two weeks, and my better half taking most of this week off through Christmas...I won't start my MAD sales thread until after the holiday.  In the meantime, here are some more issues from 1979 to 1981.  Enjoy!!! :)

img20231217_11471056.jpg

img20231217_11505015.jpg

img20231217_11534280.jpg

img20231217_11560387.jpg

Since I'm not putting my MAD collection up for sale until after Christmas, I can take the next two days to finish inspecting and scanning them.  They will all be ready for December 26th which is the day I plan to start listing them.  Half my collection is stuff I personally purchased during the 1990's.  I stopped in 1998, but I picked up one more on my way to a deployment overseas in 2003.  I don't own any MAD's from after that year. :)

img20231218_10214137.jpg

Edited by Galen130

The sight gags never fail to make me chuckle. My father got me a subscription way back in 89' as a way to keep me reading after I finished my comic books. I think he noticed I was going through some of the older issues that I think we inherited from one of my cousins. Anyway, I would read that thing front to back and then give it to him. He too would read it and we would then proceed to chuckle over a couple of the jokes. We continued to read it well until MAD closed up shop. To see my dad laugh at some of these jokes was akin to seeing a flat-earther admit he was wrong. It just never happened. So it was pretty special to me.

Edited by whetteon