• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where are the Mad Magazine collectors?
10 10

1,272 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, FoggyNelson said:

Nice site‼️‼️ Many I had not noticed before

Thanks.  flickr is a FREE photo hosting site, like photobucket but much easier to use and easier to organize, and a huge amount of free space.  I have most of my comic collection in various albums on my flickr...I don't know why anyone still uses photobucket...

Most serious Mad collectors have not tried to get a full run...as they get older, like me, they have their favorite time period for collecting and treasuring the issues.  Mine is from #1 to #152 or so...after that the magazine seems to have relied too much on movie spoof covers to suit me.  I like the older gag covers...but i will pick up newer issues if they are only a dollar or less...but finding gag covers without movie or TV spoofs on them is tough in the later issues.  Anyone else in this almost vacant room feel like I do?  By the way, the first movie gag cover was #86-Lawrence of Arabia, followed by #94-King Kong, and then #105-Batman TV show...

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian

15 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Most serious Mad collectors have not tried to get a full run...as they get older, like me, they have their favorite time period for collecting and treasuring the issues.  Mine is from #1 to #152 or so...after that the magazine seems to have relied too much on movie spoof covers to suit me.  I like the older gag covers...but i will pick up newer issues if they are only a dollar or less...but finding gag covers without movie or TV spoofs on them is tough in the later issues.  Anyone else in this almost vacant room feel like I do?  By the way, the first movie gag cover was #86-Lawrence of Arabia, followed by #94-King Kong, and then #105-Batman TV show...

I loved the movie reviews back in the day and the he TV reviews like Clodumbo haha

if I saw a movie at the movie heater then I couldn’t wait to read the Mad parody next