• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where are the Mad Magazine collectors?
10 10

1,272 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Happy Holidaze boardies!

mad52.jpg

One of my favorites by Freas from that era, which is the best in my opinion. So many great covers in numbers 40-60ish, although I equally cherish a lot of the later movie and TV spoofs throughout the run.

What's your favorite run of issues, Robot Man?  hm

On 12/28/2017 at 10:07 AM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Thanks. You can see all of them here:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/48237384@N08/albums/72157656495032524

Hi Brian. Old post, I know, but I was just looking at some Mad covers and noticed your link. You've got some fantastic albums over on flickr! I was a fairly active member about ten years ago, but I eventually threw in the towel during the early days of tumblr and pinterest after everybody started reposting all my images with neither permission nor credit often. Anyway, I look forward to browsing some of those albums this weekend. Your war books are great. Do you still have most of the stuff pictured?  (thumbsu

On 12/28/2018 at 7:17 PM, Robot Man said:

My favorite covers range from #32-69. I love the Kelly Freas ones. Some of my favorite ones are these. So much so, I had him deface some of them!

mad69.jpg

Yep, some definite overlap of favorites, assuming I can get you to throw in the upside down swing cover - LOVE that rich, blue background. :baiting:

And that yours are signed, even all the more betterer!  (thumbsu

On 12/31/2018 at 7:35 AM, FoggyNelson said:

Like the Alfred E Neumann collectors club stuff ‼️‼️👍‼️🎶🎶 was it worth much⁉️?

If you're talking to me...Let's just say he made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian

8 hours ago, FoggyNelson said:

I was almost scared to buy the Mad middle finger cover when I was a boy , I thought my parents might make me throw it away if they saw it☹️🤪🎶🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

A rare Alfred- free cover.  I think the next one was the Pac-Man one?

That might actually be a fun small run to put together, the post-issue 30 covers without Alfred.  Those are the only two I can think of off the top of my head, but I think there are a few more 

On 1/6/2019 at 6:24 PM, OtherEric said:

A rare Alfred- free cover.  I think the next one was the Pac-Man one?

That might actually be a fun small run to put together, the post-issue 30 covers without Alfred.  Those are the only two I can think of off the top of my head, but I think there are a few more 

You are so right , I never realized that issue was an Alfred free issue