• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where are the Mad Magazine collectors?
10 10

1,272 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, FoggyNelson said:

Nice Henry Winkler SS series 👍👍😷😷😷😷

Thank you, there are currently 12 blue label and only 1 yellow label! It is also the lowest graded Mad #187 something I'm sure Mad would be proud of. :) 

So, as I've said before, I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to collecting MAD.  While I will pick up and enjoy any issue if I happen to run across it, the only part of the run I'm actively seeking out is the Kurtzman issues- the first 28 issues he edited, 29-31 where they were burning off inventory from before he left, and the 19 issues he worked on in the 1980's.  I wanted to go ahead and show the issues from the 80's now, since I've completed that part of the set:

Mad_256.jpg

Mad_258.jpg

Mad_259.jpg

Mad_260.jpg

So, posting the 80's Kurtzman issues was just groundwork for today, because I finally got a copy of Mad #3.  Which means I have finally completed my run of the Comic Book issues of Mad and the Kurtzman issues of Mad.  But putting scattered 80's issues after the run I'm about to post would have felt like an anticlimax, so I got them out of the way early.  The run is beat up & low grade, but it's complete and it's mine and it's something I could have never dreamed of putting together when I was a kid and my parents first told me that Mad had originally been a comic book back when they were young.  So here we go:

Mad_001.jpg

Mad_002.jpg

Mad_003.jpg