• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

footsteps
1 1

29 posts in this topic

On 4/6/2017 at 10:24 PM, Patriot6 said:

Hey Oak,

Thought I'd chime in here. I am also adopted and although I have never met my birth parents, I have never had the desire to do so. I always felt like they would ask me for money or something haha. I would really like to meet my siblings however. But the way I look at is like I won the lottery because I got to have parents that desperately wanted me as opposed to people who desperately did not. I commend you for adopting children of your own and one day they will feel the same, that they are lucky you and your wife came along and gave them a wonderful life.:golfclap:

JF 

Thank you for the kind words. My two boys are terrific kids.

Quite the thread Dave.

Sounds like your birth father wasn't prepared to be a father and he likely did you a favor by staying out of your life.  You probably wouldn't be a decent, well adjusted man if he'd stuck around.

In contrast you're clearly determined to be a father, a great father, and it's a wonderful thing.

50 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

Quite the thread Dave.

Sounds like your birth father wasn't prepared to be a father and he likely did you a favor by staying out of your life.  You probably wouldn't be a decent, well adjusted man if he'd stuck around.

In contrast you're clearly determined to be a father, a great father, and it's a wonderful thing.

I completely agree, his loss.

On 8/9/2010 at 1:53 PM, oakman29 said:

me,myself and I

I was adopted at birth,my real mother 15 my father 16 which was'nt too cool in 1964 .My adoptive parents were the only parents I had known my whole life.until age 32.my adoptive parents had both passed away at this time. A man comes to my door and says he's my uncle and here is the number to call him ? I call and he tells me that my real mother had been looking for me for years,and was afraid to call,but if I want to call here's the number.So I call and oh boy what an emotional rollercoaster ride.I fly to Texas to meet my mom and brother and sister(full blood)and what seemed like hundreds of relatives,it was so overwhelming.I'm so glad I had my wife was there for support.I felt whole,all the guessing of who my mom was is over! So now I wanted to meet my father, my sister pointed me in the right direction,and had to trick him to meet him.I just showed up at his door. He tells me that I was not his son NOT HIS SON? I knew from the moment I saw him that he was my father!I did'nt think he would be my best friend.I just wanted him to acknowledge me as his son but no.I'm telling you this because today my father had shot himself in the head,commited suicide.The ultimate goodbye.I will never be able to try to mend that fence.I always hoped that someday he would call me just to say Hi son,how are you doing.

See more journals by oakman29

Sorry to hear that. Stay strong my friend. Sounds very traumatic. It is very good that you are talking to people about this.

You had the courage to go meet your biological father. Don't blame yourself for anything,as you did offer him the olive branch, and it was him who decided not to accept it.

• Administrator

This is the original view of this journal on the Chat Boards. This view is locked, so members can no longer reply here.

This journal is also posted in the new Journals section, which is unlocked. Click the link below to see any other comments about this journal and post new replies.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/blogs/entry/1014-footsteps/

• Administrator

You can also click "My Journal" in the main menu to quickly find your own journal, journal entries, and replies.

07 My Journal CGC.png

And you can search all journals by using the search tool.

08 Search Journals CGC.png

• Administrator

You can find journal entries by a specific author by using the search tool and visiting their profile, and you can follow members to get notifications when they post new content.

09 Members Journals CGC.png

1 1