• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Xenozoic Tales
2 2

243 posts in this topic

On 7/26/2020 at 12:43 AM, Yorick said:

I think the comiclink 9.8 copy sold for $100 less.

I think people that are selling on CLINK are leaving money on the table...the e-Bay audience seems to be much, much larger and likely represent a more accurate "market value" instead of the smaller, uber collectors that frequent CLINK...

9 minutes ago, GeneticNinja said:

The next Carbon Kickstarter is coming up in a few days. And they confirmed a new edition of Xenozoic will happen as well with the new story.

I'm wondering how much the Carbon 4 will "preview" the next Xenozoic arc.  I am a bit upset that the next Xenozoic will not be a "comic book".

11 minutes ago, Yorick said:

I'm wondering how much the Carbon 4 will "preview" the next Xenozoic arc.  I am a bit upset that the next Xenozoic will not be a "comic book".

Probably seeing how much of Storms at Sea is in the Carbon books might be a good gauge. If the next Carbon book doesn't collect all of them like Portfolio, I'm probably out anyway. Unless there is original art or a good poster. I have deluxe Storms at Sea and Portfolio. So I'm waiting on the new hopefully deluxe Xenozoic and the collected Carbon books.

AND there is a plan to release a new collected Xenozoic Tales?  Come on, Mark.  There is already (at least) 7 different collected editions out there!  I WANT NEW STUFF!!!! rantrant:foryou:(thumbsu

Well I missed the original hardcover Xenozoic. So a nice deluxe slipcase version is what I'm after. If it's like the deluxe Storms at Sea we are in for a treat.

I think the plan is for the new Carbon book next week. Then some time next year is the new Xenozoic story most likely along with the new edition of the complete Xenozoic. I can't remember exactly what they posted on their Instagram. And I don't have an Instagram account and can only go back so far. But I did see his work on the new pages a few months ago.

The Kickstarter started today. I guess yet another format for a collected Xenozoic will be next year. The Kickstarter says that the new story is for 2022 now. That smaller Xenozoic paperback & hardcover format isn't for me. You want work like this in a large format. But I guess some people these days are ok enjoying stuff on small screens and smaller formats. Still, I don't get it. If they want this for new readers, why not give small and large format options since this is a Kickstarter? Especially since Kickstarters are usually for fans of whatever company or product. Companies do like to get people to buy the same thing multiple times these days. But still, I think it might be a difficult sell to say buy this small format now to help with the new story. And then here is a large format deluxe edition next year to go with the new story.

I do like this image. Perhaps a print will be an add on / stretch goal. Or a print for next year.

1731662344_schultzartwork.thumb.jpg.5eb9465f28248441775adef2b5febdb6.jpg

I'll probably get that Al Williamson book later on. I might search down an old Flash Gordon print he made a while back.

43 minutes ago, GeneticNinja said:

old Flash Gordon print he made a while back.

You mean the Flesk book?  It's really nice.  I think I saw a paperback edition of it too (cheaper than buying those hardcovers).

23 hours ago, GeneticNinja said:

The Kickstarter started today. I guess yet another format for a collected Xenozoic will be next year. The Kickstarter says that the new story is for 2022 now. That smaller Xenozoic paperback & hardcover format isn't for me. You want work like this in a large format. But I guess some people these days are ok enjoying stuff on small screens and smaller formats. Still, I don't get it. If they want this for new readers, why not give small and large format options since this is a Kickstarter? Especially since Kickstarters are usually for fans of whatever company or product. Companies do like to get people to buy the same thing multiple times these days. But still, I think it might be a difficult sell to say buy this small format now to help with the new story. And then here is a large format deluxe edition next year to go with the new story.

I do like this image. Perhaps a print will be an add on / stretch goal. Or a print for next year.

1731662344_schultzartwork.thumb.jpg.5eb9465f28248441775adef2b5febdb6.jpg

I'll probably get that Al Williamson book later on. I might search down an old Flash Gordon print he made a while back.

cool do u have the link?

15 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

What's the best way to read these?  

The image (I think) was screenshot from the video presentation by Flesk on their Kickstarter campaign.  Just go over to kickstarter and search "Carbon 4".  That ought to do it.

As for reading Xenozoic, they are offering a new collected edition within the campaign, but I'd suggest looking for a complete lot of the Kitchen Sink individual issues on feebay for reading (non-mint copies should be cheap).  I'm not sure any of the reprinted editions include the back-up stories by Stiles.

On 8/5/2020 at 12:04 AM, Yorick said:

You mean the Flesk book?  It's really nice.  I think I saw a paperback edition of it too (cheaper than buying those hardcovers).

There is an older Flesk Al Williamson book? I was talking about this Flash Gordon print.

995208272_flashgordon.thumb.jpg.3b4d961d8329f63c4eafd5d5b7332069.jpg

I like his backgrounds. I remember enjoying his Classic Star Wars artwork too.

22 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

cool do u have the link?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fleskpublications/the-astounding-worlds-of-al-williamson-and-mark-schultz/description

22 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

What's the best way to read these?  

Yeah from what I've read over on this other forum, none of the recent collected editions have those backup stories.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/marvelmasterworksfansite/spotlight-on-mark-schultz-t28162-s160.html

They have a few Schultz topics over there.

But I believe the Flesk Xenozoic hardcover that was limited to I think 500 was probably the best quality. I don't have that one. They made a paperback which went out of stock recently. I was hoping that it would be replaced with a new slipcase version not this smaller thing which they could have made on their own without a Kickstarter if they want a new audience.

There is his Portfolio book as well which I recommend. That's a very nice book of a lot of his artwork. I have the deluxe slipcase version of that.

Edited by GeneticNinja

10 hours ago, GeneticNinja said:

Flesk Xenozoic hardcover

10 hours ago, GeneticNinja said:

There is an older Flesk Al Williamson book? I was talking about this Flash Gordon print.

995208272_flashgordon.thumb.jpg.3b4d961d8329f63c4eafd5d5b7332069.jpg

I like his backgrounds. I remember enjoying his Classic Star Wars artwork too.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fleskpublications/the-astounding-worlds-of-al-williamson-and-mark-schultz/description

Yeah from what I've read over on this other forum, none of the recent collected editions have those backup stories.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/marvelmasterworksfansite/spotlight-on-mark-schultz-t28162-s160.html

They have a few Schultz topics over there.

But I believe the Flesk Xenozoic hardcover that was limited to I think 500 was probably the best quality. I don't have that one. They made a paperback which went out of stock recently. I was hoping that it would be replaced with a new slipcase version not this smaller thing which they could have made on their own without a Kickstarter if they want a new audience.

There is his Portfolio book as well which I recommend. That's a very nice book of a lot of his artwork. I have the deluxe slipcase version of that.

Thank you.  I just want the cheapest way to read these... tried to find some single comics but having a hard time

On 8/6/2020 at 4:03 PM, Yorick said:

The image (I think) was screenshot from the video presentation by Flesk on their Kickstarter campaign.  Just go over to kickstarter and search "Carbon 4".  That ought to do it.

As for reading Xenozoic, they are offering a new collected edition within the campaign, but I'd suggest looking for a complete lot of the Kitchen Sink individual issues on feebay for reading (non-mint copies should be cheap).  I'm not sure any of the reprinted editions include the back-up stories by Stiles.

Okay so I found sets of Xenozoic  as well as a set of Cadillacs and Dinosaurs by epic comics from 1990 and 1994... which one should I read?    

On 8/6/2020 at 7:04 PM, GeneticNinja said:

There is an older Flesk Al Williamson book?

Yes.  The hardcover is all of the Williamson Flash Gordon material in beautiful black and white.  There are also the two Al Williamson Archive paperbacks (which includes an unfinished Xenozoic story in one of them).

18 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Okay so I found sets of Xenozoic  as well as a set of Cadillacs and Dinosaurs by epic comics from 1990 and 1994... which one should I read?    

Just Xenozoic.  Cadillacs and Dino's is another reprint.