• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Xenozoic Tales
2 2

243 posts in this topic

On 5/17/2018 at 10:47 PM, GeneticNinja said:

Mark Schultz Carbon 3 Kickstarter just started. It will have previews of the new Xenozoic. I didn't see a separate topic about it but I thought people here might be interested.

That met its goal pretty quick.  Really awesome cover (like everything else he does).

YES! Finally completed my set! Had to overpay for my #10, but I needed to complete it.

https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SetGallery.aspx?PeopleSetID=38588

Now to upgrade a few and call it a day! If anyone has CGC 9.8 copies of #4, 9, 10 that you're willing to part with let me know.

Edited by AGGIEZ

anyone have a recommendation or link for a trade or HC of the series which includes death rattle 8? I would love to read the series by my LCS said they haven't carried anything in years in this regards. Thx

Bout a raw NM OO set of this series a few years back, still have read them yet. It was missing the DR8 and one other issue. Seeing this thread reminds me I need to get those two and actually read these books! (thumbsu 

your set looks awesome!

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 10:25 AM, 1p36DSA said:

anyone have a recommendation or link for a trade or HC of the series which includes death rattle 8? I would love to read the series by my LCS said they haven't carried anything in years in this regards. Thx

Xenozoic by Flesk Publications

collects Death Rattle #8 and Xenozoic Tales #1-14.

https://www.amazon.com/Xenozoic-Mark-Schultz/dp/1933865318/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1541443802&sr=8-1&keywords=xenozoic+tales

1 hour ago, Aweandlorder said:

Off his fb page:

Mark finished this to offer up at the East Coast Comic Con, but it sold on the way to the show. Girls and monsters move fast. All hail Wally Wood.

IMG_4891.JPG

Saw that on his FB page this morning, gorgeous. Mark used to come to a little sci-fi model kit convention here in Louisville, Wonderfest, quite a bit, and he always had such nice stuff for sale, but I could never afford more than a print. Hoping he'll come back again soon and I can get something nice. Probably not THIS nice, though. Beautiful stuff as always.

8 hours ago, GeneticNinja said:

How much was he asking for the artwork? It's nice. I assume it will make it in the next collection. I guess that will collect all the Carbon books.

I think the cheapest pieces started at about $250 or so for some small illustrations, and then it went up substantially from there for the larger and more polished stuff.I bought a couple of prints and got a couple of sigs, so I was happy to meet him. He's one of those guys that I feel should have a line around the block to meet him, but since it's a model kit convention, there's not much interest in the art guys. Same with Bill Stout, who is at Wonderfest pretty much every year. Super art, and a great time to meet them and talk to them because chances are there is no one else in line. 

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

I think the cheapest pieces started at about $250 or so for some small illustrations, and then it went up substantially from there for the larger and more polished stuff.I bought a couple of prints and got a couple of sigs, so I was happy to meet him. He's one of those guys that I feel should have a line around the block to meet him, but since it's a model kit convention, there's not much interest in the art guys. Same with Bill Stout, who is at Wonderfest pretty much every year. Super art, and a great time to meet them and talk to them because chances are there is no one else in line. 

DragonCon in Atlanta is a great place to talk to Stout for many of the same reasons. It is so huge a lot of the artists get lost in the shuffle. He wasn't even set up in artist alley last year. I think he was on one of the floors where they had just general sales.

11 hours ago, GeneticNinja said:

I guess that will collect all the Carbon books.

Was Portfolio only the Various Drawing books, or did it also include the Carbon works?

Anyone here grab Reynold's ex-PGX 9.9 crossover to CGC 9.8 copy of Xeno #8?  I had it in my cart but couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger at that price.

19 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Yup, I met Mark last year at big Apple and there was no line.. we spoke for almost an hour. What a terrific guy. Would've loved to meet Bill!

On 5/25/2019 at 8:47 AM, Aweandlorder said:

Yup, I met Mark last year at big Apple and there was no line.. we spoke for almost an hour. What a terrific guy. Would've loved to meet Bill!

That's awesome, Mark is an A+ dude as well as a great artist, glad you had the chance to talk him up. Bill is a lot of fun as well!

On 5/24/2019 at 2:39 PM, Mayor006 said:

DragonCon in Atlanta is a great place to talk to Stout for many of the same reasons. It is so huge a lot of the artists get lost in the shuffle. He wasn't even set up in artist alley last year. I think he was on one of the floors where they had just general sales.

Oh man, I've met SO many awesome people at DragonCon over the years. I started going a little over 20 years ago, back when you could still get into the place without waiting in any lines. I haven't been in a few years, it just got to be too big for me. But yes, for sure, for many years it was THE best place to meet pros, because comics were just one tiny fraction of what that show is all about. I can't count how many legends I was able to walk right up to without waiting in any sort of line...Dave Stevens, Mignola, Wrightson, Steranko, Infantino, Adam Hughes, and on and on. Terrific show for actually meeting and talking to your comic faves, because it's a big show that can attract big names, but the vast majority of the people at the show don't care about comics at all.

On 5/24/2019 at 3:16 PM, Yorick said:

Was Portfolio only the Various Drawing books, or did it also include the Carbon works?

https://www.fleskpublications.com/books/mark-schultz-portfolio

Carbon isn't included. I got the deluxe version of Portfolio. It's a really nice book. I should probably get his Artist Edition but I'm waiting to see what his next Kickstarter will do.