• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star Comics by Marvel
2 2

184 posts in this topic

So, we've got a thread about Star comics with 20 posts, and nobody has mentioned "Peter Porker: The Spectacular Spider-Ham".

What the Juststopit.DoyouWANTastrike???? (shrug)

One of my all-time favorite series. Actually, the only series I had a mail-order subscription to.

If anybody has potential 9.8 copies of any Spider-Ham book (apart fro the "Marvel Tails" book), let me know if you want to get rid of anything.

So, we've got a thread about Star comics with 20 posts, and nobody has mentioned "Peter Porker: The Spectacular Spider-Ham".

One of my all-time favorite series. Actually, the only series I had a mail-order subscription to.

If anybody has potential 9.8 copies of any Spider-Ham book (apart fro the "Marvel Tails" book), let me know if you want to get rid of anything.

Ridiculously tough series for some reason. I have a few 9.8 candidates, but they'll probably go to CGC at some point. (thumbs u

4362.jpg

These high number Masters of the Universe, above #4 are very elusive in 9.6 or higher.

Agreed...I sent in a # 12 thinking it was a 9.8, only to have it come back as a 9.4. Tough books....I have a raw run in 9.0/9.2, but 9.6/9.8 copies are very HTF.

5180.jpg

Sharp, but probably not sharp enough

Ridiculously tough series for some reason. I have a few 9.8 candidates, but they'll probably go to CGC at some point. (thumbs u

If you do ever send them in (to CGC) and get any 9.8's back (that you're willing to part with), let me know.

Minimal submissions and even less 9.8's on the entire series.

Guide value of #2-17 is $4/ea; so you can pull these out of $1 boxes.

I'm putting up a standing offer (until I cancel it) of $60 per issue of Spider-Ham #2-17 in CGC 9.8. I'll pay shipping costs from you to me (so I pay you $60 + shipping from you to me). Once I get an issue in 9.8, that book is closed. I'm trying to put together a 9.8 run of the series for my personal collection.

As an added aside, I will put my personal/board/human rep on the line, I am not trying to buy these books for a flip. If I buy a CGC 9.8 PPTSSPH from you (for $60 + shipping from you to me), this book will reside in my personal collection for 5 years minimum before the book would ever change hands or be available. If you ever see the book change hands, change serial numbers, up for sale, etc...I'll give you another $60 for each book.

No BS.

Let me know if you can help me out.

Edited by chrisco37

If you do ever send them in (to CGC) and get any 9.8's back (that you're willing to part with), let me know.

I'm putting up a standing offer (until I cancel it) of $60 per issue of Spider-Ham #2-17 in CGC 9.8. I'll pay shipping costs from you to me (so I pay you $60 + shipping from you to me). Once I get an issue in 9.8, that book is closed. I'm trying to put together a 9.8 run of the series for my personal collection.

As an added aside, I will put my personal/board/human rep on the line, I am not trying to buy these books for a flip. If I buy a CGC 9.8 PPTSSPH from you (for $60 + shipping from you to me), this book will reside in my personal collection for 5 years minimum before the book would ever change hands or be available. If you ever see the book change hands, change serial numbers, up for sale, etc...I'll give you another $60 for each book.

No BS.

Man, now that sounds like some seriously pent up demand. :applause:

No BS.

Bring it. I'm dead serious.

No BS.

Bring it. I'm dead serious.

hm

No BS.

Yay!

Someone making a REAL offer for difficult 9.8 1980's books!

:applause: