• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star Comics by Marvel
2 2

184 posts in this topic

So, we've got a thread about Star comics with 20 posts, and nobody has mentioned "Peter Porker: The Spectacular Spider-Ham".

What the Juststopit.DoyouWANTastrike???? (shrug)

One of my all-time favorite series. Actually, the only series I had a mail-order subscription to.

If anybody has potential 9.8 copies of any Spider-Ham book (apart fro the "Marvel Tails" book), let me know if you want to get rid of anything.

Ridiculously tough series for some reason. I have a few 9.8 candidates, but they'll probably go to CGC at some point. (thumbs u

If you do ever send them in (to CGC) and get any 9.8's back (that you're willing to part with), let me know.

Minimal submissions and even less 9.8's on the entire series.

Guide value of #2-17 is $4/ea; so you can pull these out of $1 boxes.

I'm putting up a standing offer (until I cancel it) of $60 per issue of Spider-Ham #2-17 in CGC 9.8. I'll pay shipping costs from you to me (so I pay you $60 + shipping from you to me). Once I get an issue in 9.8, that book is closed. I'm trying to put together a 9.8 run of the series for my personal collection.

As an added aside, I will put my personal/board/human rep on the line, I am not trying to buy these books for a flip. If I buy a CGC 9.8 PPTSSPH from you (for $60 + shipping from you to me), this book will reside in my personal collection for 5 years minimum before the book would ever change hands or be available. If you ever see the book change hands, change serial numbers, up for sale, etc...I'll give you another $60 for each book.

No BS.

Let me know if you can help me out.

Yay!

Someone making a REAL offer for difficult 9.8 1980's books!

:applause:

Amen, its good to see. You have no idea how much fun my comic buddies poke at me for collecting Star books...nice to know the I'm not alone in my insanity. (thumbs u

I wish. This is the only one I have. :(

Okay, that's it. I gotta do a Star Comics sales thread. I have plenty of high grade dupes of Ewoks, Droids, Thundercats, as well as all the other titles. They are going to be put up for sale for right around Guide or less (an in most cases, Guide is still a joke).

So, we've got a thread about Star comics with 20 posts, and nobody has mentioned "Peter Porker: The Spectacular Spider-Ham".

One of my all-time favorite series. Actually, the only series I had a mail-order subscription to.

If anybody has potential 9.8 copies of any Spider-Ham book (apart fro the "Marvel Tails" book), let me know if you want to get rid of anything.

Not 9.8 but still :cloud9:

utf-8BL01lZGlhIENhcmQvQmxhY2tCZX-4.jpg

Not 9.8 but still :cloud9:

utf-8BL01lZGlhIENhcmQvQmxhY2tCZX-4.jpg

I :luhv: Spider-Ham

I bought a few Star Comics for my little sisters (roughly 7 and 4 y/o at the time) to try when they first came out - unfortunately they didn't catch on.

I'll try again to create collectors with the next generation!

Edited by JuliusSeizure

I wish. This is the only one I have. :(

Okay, that's it. I gotta do a Star Comics sales thread. I have plenty of high grade dupes of Ewoks, Droids, Thundercats, as well as all the other titles. They are going to be put up for sale for right around Guide or less (an in most cases, Guide is still a joke).

Ive tried sell a few here and there. No bites when listed publicly but i have been able to sell a few here and there via pm. Maybe a dedicated thread would draw the needed attention. :popcorn:

Ridiculously tough series for some reason. I have a few 9.8 candidates, but they'll probably go to CGC at some point. (thumbs u

If you do ever send them in (to CGC) and get any 9.8's back (that you're willing to part with), let me know.

Minimal submissions and even less 9.8's on the entire series.

Guide value of #2-17 is $4/ea; so you can pull these out of $1 boxes.

I'm putting up a standing offer (until I cancel it) of $60 per issue of Spider-Ham #2-17 in CGC 9.8. I'll pay shipping costs from you to me (so I pay you $60 + shipping from you to me). Once I get an issue in 9.8, that book is closed. I'm trying to put together a 9.8 run of the series for my personal collection.

As an added aside, I will put my personal/board/human rep on the line, I am not trying to buy these books for a flip. If I buy a CGC 9.8 PPTSSPH from you (for $60 + shipping from you to me), this book will reside in my personal collection for 5 years minimum before the book would ever change hands or be available. If you ever see the book change hands, change serial numbers, up for sale, etc...I'll give you another $60 for each book.

No BS.

Let me know if you can help me out.

:baiting:

scan0013-2.jpg

man! i had totally forgotten about hugga bunch!

Im workin with a new scanner , are my pics too big?.

Yes! :gossip:

Dang, i got a new laptop with a huge screen (18.4?) and they are perfect on it.

Thanks for showing us these, great stuff.. I mentioned in another thread that we needed a Star Comics thread; unfortunately I dont have any to show - I used to own a few but got rid of them ages ago. :sorry: JiveTurkey, if you put up a sales thread I might have to pick up a few (thumbs u

A piece of info from comics.org, I'm assuming this is correct: "January 1988 is the last cover date for the brand; all remaining titles in the line were then transitioned to the Marvel brand."