• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Absolute Hardest to Find 90's books.
7 7

1,246 posts in this topic

Surely this can't be that hard to find, right? I looked through all the usual suspects but there are none available on MyComicShop, ComicCollectorLive, MileHigh, etc and the only ones on ebay are being offered for $55-75. Is it nowhere because it's so hard to find or because no one really cares and it's worth nada so not bothered listing? Has anyone actually ever seen one sell?

Amazing_Spider-Man_Battles_Ignorance_Vol_1_1.jpg

Ive seen a couple sell to me for a dollar :D

I have access to a couple hundred at 50 cents each.......................

I guarantee no one has this Batman book.

Zero CGCed, i would venture to say the only copy in the United States

Hungarian Batman 423 printed in Budapest.

By far my favorite foreign copper and the most difficult to get

Later i will post my entire 423 set collection when it is complete.

2013-06-26_22-57-29_396_zpsffbf6df0.jpg

2013-06-26_22-57-12_872_zps25dd22f4.jpg

:headbang:

[font:Arial Black]The Crimson Nun[/font]

Antarctic Press

#1, Old Enemies, New Friends, May 1, 1997

#2, Into The Interior, July 1, 1997

#3, July 18, 2013

#4, Stranger Than Fiction, November 1, 1997

Independent040.jpgIndependent041.jpgIndependent042.jpgIndependent043.jpg

Independent044.jpg

A native of California, she was the Warrior Nun Areala active during World War II

known as the Crimson Nun, famous to this day as the arch-foe of Nazi super-villains.

Maybe not so hard to find.

There should be a rule that to post a book in this thread you have to at least search it on ebay and make sure it isnt readily available for a dollar.

There should be a rule that to post a book in this thread you have to at least search it on ebay and make sure it isnt readily available for a dollar.

It's kind of sad. LUXX's posts are so boring that no one even bothers outing him anymore.

It's kind of sad. LUXX's posts are so boring that no one even bothers outing him anymore.

Hes no Stu, thats for sure.

I was referred to this forum maybe someone will know something about this book.

We speculate if it is even real or a fake

anyone seen of these i am looking buy one. I heard it is an ultra low print run of this superman comic dont know the year. any help is appreciated!

_T2eC16hHJF0E9nmFTMvPBQsjIUDEl_60_12_zpsd1358e76.jpg

The person who had the picture on his phone, did he say it was his?

he told me he had a an ultra rare man of Steel #1 that i never saw before.

he didnt offer to sell it and just showed me a pic. i thought it was cool and would just buy one on ebay or someone on the forum

after everyone checking it i am starting to be convinced it is a fake variant...

he didnt offer to sell it and just showed me a pic. i thought it was cool and would just buy one on ebay or someone on the forum

after everyone checking it i am starting to be convinced it is a fake variant...

I just think that if this was my " ultra rare book" I would have it bagged up better than this to take a photo (shrug)

I just think that if this was my " ultra rare book" I would have it bagged up better than this to take a photo (shrug)

true i agree. But i have bought some really rare foreign books with no bags or boards.

Yeah I would have it boarded nice. Im pretty sure it is a fake embossed cover. no one has seen it before its gotta be fake

no way everyone in the forum hasnt seen it....

It could be some kind of retailer incentive for John Byrne's Man of Steel LS that came out in the mid-80's (like the Platinum Spidey 1). I was only 15 or so at the time, and trips to the LCS were whenever I could finagle them. So it is possible that they were 1 per shop or you only got one if you ordered 10,000 copies or something.

But I still think it is some kind of a custom job.

Ask him (owner, seller, etc.) to give you an issue and month/year of publication. Also find out if it was published in the USA or a foreign country. See if he can provide some inside pics as well.