• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Absolute Hardest to Find 90's books.
7 7

1,246 posts in this topic

By popular demand!

Ok, so this is in copper for a couple of reasons...

1. The Copper Age bleeds at least into the early 90's, at the very earliest

2. This thread would DIE in Modern. Modern seems, for the most part, to be about brand new books, which is great, but not if you're looking to talk history. Most of those guys aren't.

I'll start:

Maxx #3 Black Ashcan -

Two CGC graded, one at 7.5 (mine), the other at 9.4 ( :o )

There are THREE that have been confirmed with pics. Grails says he knows of a 4th.

For a book that began life as a limited run of 50, it was tough to begin with.

But there are only the three, maybe four known out there.

Will more surface?

#2 would have been the rarest, but I found a mini-hoard of 10 copies in 2002-2003 or thereabouts.

And......GO!

Well I can't match that...

But, as I mistakenly asked in the 80's thread earlier:

Anyone know what kind of print run Paul Pope's self published THB had?

Finding one in 9.4 and up seems a real chore, though we aren't concerned with that here...

Even the VF+'s go for $25-40 regular on eBay, which seems pretty healthy...

Haven't ever seen any discussion of it on here...

Mantra #1 Archive Edition (Ultraverse) ,1993. Signed and #'d of 250? copies. I have found and purchased the only 2 I have ever seen (thumbs u .

X-Men: Prelude to Perdition #1, 1994 . Capcom video game giveaway with the purchase of Snes game. Occasionaly come up for sale on Ebay, but not very often. Tough in HG.

Maximum Carnage #1, 1994. Acclaim video game giveaway with the purchase of Snes/Sega game. Availability rate at least 2x that of the X-Men book, Tough in HG.

Mortal Kombat 4 Special Tournament Edition, 1998. Another giveaway. I havent searched for this book in a few years, but Ive only ever seen 2 copies for sale.

Just my 2 cents,,,,

Well I can't match that...

But, as I mistakenly asked in the 80's thread earlier:

Anyone know what kind of print run Paul Pope's self published THB had?

Finding one in 9.4 and up seems a real chore, though we aren't concerned with that here...

Even the VF+'s go for $25-40 regular on eBay, which seems pretty healthy...

Haven't ever seen any discussion of it on here...

I have never been able to find the print run for THB. I am curious to know myself. I know that THB 69 had limited distribution and THB: Comics from Mars #1 had a print run of 2000.

Weren't several of the Broadway Comics books limited to 500?

I don't know if they'd qualify (though I also am not aware of scale of the field we are dealing with).

Someone may be aware of some tougher variants that are beyond my knowledge, but the two toughest Broadway books for me have been Miracle on Broadway which was said to have a print run of just over 1k, and the hardcover for Fatale: Inherit the Earth. The last I checked Mile High, they had a copy of the former slabbed for an absurd price, and the last I saw the latter I lost out on in the lower 3 figures on ebay (to, I think, a member of the VALIANT fan boards -- some $200+ or so). The latter was limited (at least according to an advertisement) to 250 numbered copies.

Uncanny X-Men #297, 303, 307, X-Men #11 Pressman variants.

What are these? I've got Uncanny # 297 and 303 gold, but thought they were just second prints. I've also got the X-Men # 11 silver (that came with the board game).

Are these different?

Bloodshot 0 (platinum). Believe it's got 7-11 copies known. And it was an intentional variant, not a misprint.

Joe/Jduran1 (man, haven't said that board name in a long time) knew someone involved in the printing process, and she said there were around 80-100 copies that she knew of.

I need to check in with him anyway to see how he is doing. I'll ask for more details.

Alright guys, a trivia question for you Marvel Zombies:

- What 90s Marvel series spanned 12 issues, featured original (i.e, non-reprint) content, and is not even listed in the Overstreet Guide?

Marvel Stock Report? lol

Mort the Dead Teenager?

Nope, that drekky title went only four issues and it is noted in the Overstreet Guide.

And as a fan of 90s Marvel drek, I'm proud to say I have the full four issue run.

:acclaim:

Any other guesses?

Little Mermaid?

Mort the Dead Teenager?

Nope, that drekky title went only four issues and it is noted in the Overstreet Guide.

And as a fan of 90s Marvel drek, I'm proud to say I have the full four issue run.

:acclaim:

Any other guesses?

Pirates of Dark Water