• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

post your favorite cover from a "run" you collect

453 posts in this topic

I generally do not post my Dells on the boards figuring no one would care but I pulled some of them to scan for this thread.

So here are the current favorites for some of the Dell series I collect, starting with Lassie -

That looks like a typical Lassie painting (a very nice one!) but then you notice the Mayan glyphs in the background. Is the reflective of the interior story?

:gossip: (see below)

The fact that the glyphs are in the background is why I selected this one over this other below as the artifacts are more obvious.

102925.jpg.3d604e5cb0a70f4fcc843206f69361ff.jpg

102926.jpg.092134857fae435b95f23d1e58b3390e.jpg

The fact that the glyphs are in the background is why I selected this one over this other below as the artifacts are more obvious.

I like both covers! Thanks for sharing the interior art scans -- looks like a fun story.

Jungle animal stories are the best! :cloud9:

Oh, and AS, as you know I am a sucker for Animal Stories

Note to self: Must remember to add a note to Scrooge's profile in my catalog of board member collecting interests, dietary restrictions and mating habits. (:

GhostRider1170.jpg

I love that Ghost Rider cover and the Frazetta art on 2, 3 and 4 but this one may be my favorite.

Maybe cause it is new and maybe cause it complements the Bobby Benson cover that I like.

4793853255_0997d331f8_z.jpg

3298204120_3a419fd0c5_z.jpg