• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do not miss this thread: Mystery lady blows the lid off PGX?

486 posts in this topic

This is the final post in the thread (from Momma32) and it is an absolute bombshell:

"I remember this happening! I was working at the PGX site when this happened. Daniel didn't want to reimburse any money to you because he was waiting for his insurance to cover the cost of the lost. It took almost four months for his insurance to do it. He was very annoyed because he had to keep doing a ton of paperwork to get the ball rolling. and then of course, you kept calling him and he would ignore the calls because he didn't want to talk to you.

I know for a fact that your TMNT books were graded by Daniel's other grader, Ryan, who takes the books home to his own house. Your book was most likely replaced with one of Ryan's own books, which he then sold either at a show or online.

I know I can't prove it, but I do know that Ryan has scammed many people by using Daniel's company. Sometimes Daniel was aware of it and other times he wasn't. Most of the controversy involving PGx has been caused by Ryan, whom Daniel still refuses to admit, works for him.

They have an agreement that Ryan will help grade books and Daniel will let Ryan use the machines to encapsulate his own books. Daniel is not there when he does this so Ryan also has plenty of time to switch books during this time."

Sean, does this tie back to the fellow that videotaped himself opening a TMNT PGX case and found out it wasn't a 1st printing?

This is the final post in the thread (from Momma32) and it is an absolute bombshell:

"I remember this happening! I was working at the PGX site when this happened. Daniel didn't want to reimburse any money to you because he was waiting for his insurance to cover the cost of the lost. It took almost four months for his insurance to do it. He was very annoyed because he had to keep doing a ton of paperwork to get the ball rolling. and then of course, you kept calling him and he would ignore the calls because he didn't want to talk to you.

I know for a fact that your TMNT books were graded by Daniel's other grader, Ryan, who takes the books home to his own house. Your book was most likely replaced with one of Ryan's own books, which he then sold either at a show or online.

I know I can't prove it, but I do know that Ryan has scammed many people by using Daniel's company. Sometimes Daniel was aware of it and other times he wasn't. Most of the controversy involving PGx has been caused by Ryan, whom Daniel still refuses to admit, works for him.

They have an agreement that Ryan will help grade books and Daniel will let Ryan use the machines to encapsulate his own books. Daniel is not there when he does this so Ryan also has plenty of time to switch books during this time."

Sean, does this tie back to the fellow that videotaped himself opening a TMNT PGX case and found out it wasn't a 1st printing?

Yes. She professes first hand knowledge of that situation, as well as Ryan Elliott taking books to his home to grade and resto check, and an agreement to allow RE to slab his own books at will. if she is a shill, she went straight for the tactical nuclear weapons. If not, she is the real Deepthroat.

Yes. She professes first hand knowledge of that situation, as well as Ryan Elliott taking books to his home to grade and resto check, and an agreement to allow RE to slab his own books at will. if she is a shill, she went straight for the tactical nuclear weapons. If not, she is the real Deepthroat.

Dang!

And I wrote that poor guy off as a nut his video looked so scripted.

doh!

I know this lady's claims need to be proved, but WOW!

I went to some old emails back when I didn't know the difference between PGX and CGC. I had sent them some books to reholder due to bad packaging from an Ebay seller.

It was an "Allison" that handled processing my books back in early 2008.

I went to some old emails back when I didn't know the difference between PGX and CGC. I had sent them some books to reholder due to bad packaging from an Ebay seller.

Before I found these boards I emailed both CGC and PGX to find out total costs, and if I remember rightly it was 'Allison' that emailed me back too.

Before I found these boards I emailed both CGC and PGX to find out total costs, and if I remember rightly it was 'Allison' that emailed me back too.

hm

Ryan Elliott's latest e-Bay account is vondoom Caveat emptor.

Here's an interesting 2004 "Ryan Elliott" thread: Is ebay userId barksducksuo=Donovan Elliot (restoration professional from CGG)??

WOW. So Ryan Elliot used to sell early DCs with the wrong covers on them. Anyone else think like me that he may have taken the covers off these comics, married them to unrelated interiors, encapsulated the married books into PGX Universal slabs, and sold them as high grade unrestored early DCs?

In addition to taking Magic Dan's TMNT#1 first printing, selling it, and instead encapsulating a third printing, that is...

Ryan Elliott's latest e-Bay account is vondoom Caveat emptor.

Here's an interesting 2004 "Ryan Elliott" thread: Is ebay userId barksducksuo=Donovan Elliot (restoration professional from CGG)??

WOW. So Ryan Elliot used to sell early DCs with the wrong covers on them. Anyone else think like me that he may have taken the covers off these comics, married them to unrelated interiors, encapsulated the married books into PGX Universal slabs, and sold them as high grade unrestored early DCs?

Bob, one of the big time war guys (Shep, Andy Greenham etc.) I can't remember which one, got burned on that scam a couple of years ago and blew the lid off the scam. The scammer was marrying remaindered/half-cover/no cover books with those beautiful covers and grading them 9.4+ even though the interior pages were wrecked. There is a big thread on it somewhere. IIRC, there was a huge tear on one of the interior pages when the slab was opened.

what the HELL is this?

PGX signature series

They've been doing this for some time now.

One known seller on Ebay that had an agreement with Daniel for better grades had his Conan 1-21 "witnessed" and then sold the set a long while back.

sbjstuff

CONAN #1-21 PGX Signature Ed. Roy Thomas 25 books!!!

Item 290250782901

8/9/2008