• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone ever sell part of you're collection ?

23 posts in this topic

So I 've posted about this a few times in the modern forum but I'm thinking of selling my TWD #1 & buying a really fine shaped show case #22 fa green lantern ... How ever I love TWD I buy the singles & the omnibus & have been from the start :cloud9:

But the price TWD is going for makes it very tempting to buy & a show case #22 would be a great thing to have in my collection ... Also TWD is bound to go down in price at some point right?!

What should I do here guys ?! What prices does a show case #22 in good shape go for now days ?.. I'd want something graded with no restoration, no liquid damage & no tape on the book ... & I'd want a decent looking cover .. So I figure that is something in the 5. grade range right ?.. Are there even enough of these books around to make it worth my while selling my twd & buying a showcase ?.. Or am I simply not going to be able to find one in the shape that I want ? ..

the showcase 22 could go down too. lots of run up on that book recently, no? hasn't tos 39 cooled off a bit? it can happen even to old stuff.

with that said, yeah, there should be plenty of WD 1s out there. you can probably always come back and get one in mid-grade cheap. a friend picked one up for $10 last year.

If you're considering selling your 9.8 WD #1 to buy a 5.0 or so Showcase #22 with the proceeds, I don't think you'll have much luck since 5.0s sell for close to $3K in today's market (looking at GPA, for $500 to $600 you might be able to find a 2.0 or lower Showcase #22, wherease a few years ago, $500 to $600 would have bought you a 4.0 Showcase #22).

If you're are in no rush to do the business then it may be worth waiting a couple of months for the TV show to air and sell the WD '1, when it should be at it's peek. Then hold onto the cash and wait till 6 months after the release of the GL movie and buy the SC22. You may get lucky and make 800-1000 on the WD#1 and get a 5.0 SC22 for quite a bit less than the 3K you may have to pay now.

hasn't tos 39 cooled off a bit? it can happen even to old stuff.

I remember when Overstreet was publishing their updates over 20 years ago - at least the earlier issues had +/- percent increases. I recall TOS 39 had a 13% drop in one of the early issues. Would love to get one now at that -13% price. As Don Ameche may have said, "Things Change". (hope someone gets that.)

Interesting...

You almost never see the other half of that error.....

Other half of what error, RMA? (maybe your intended to respond to a comment in some other thread, if not, I'm stumped (shrug) )

Well, that's ironic.

But no, I was referring to misuse of the word "you're" in the thread title. 99% of the time, it's "your" that is the one misused.

;)

If you're are in no rush to do the business then it may be worth waiting a couple of months for the TV show to air and sell the WD '1, when it should be at it's peek. Then hold onto the cash and wait till 6 months after the release of the GL movie and buy the SC22. You may get lucky and make 800-1000 on the WD#1 and get a 5.0 SC22 for quite a bit less than the 3K you may hav

e to pay now.

So you think the showcase 22 will go down in price after the movie ?!

Why sell anything? Keep The Walking Dead books,and save up for a nice Showcase #22.I have never sold a book personally,once it's in my collection it's locked in. :cool:

cash $$$$$$$$$$ Not all of us are rich! I have a SC 22 fun set aside but by my self with out a quick $600-1000 sale it will take a good while :tonofbricks:

There is a large chance Showcase 22 WILL drop in value. Many comic books drop in value once the movie is released for whatever reason. Watchmen is a good example. Those books were *hot* a few months leading up to the movie, then after the prices dropped down heavily.

If you're are in no rush to do the business then it may be worth waiting a couple of months for the TV show to air and sell the WD '1, when it should be at it's peek. Then hold onto the cash and wait till 6 months after the release of the GL movie and buy the SC22. You may get lucky and make 800-1000 on the WD#1 and get a 5.0 SC22 for quite a bit less than the 3K you may hav

e to pay now.

So you think the showcase 22 will go down in price after the movie ?!

Why sell anything? Keep The Walking Dead books,and save up for a nice Showcase #22.I have never sold a book personally,once it's in my collection it's locked in. :cool:

cash $$$$$$$$$$ Not all of us are rich! I have a SC 22 fun set aside but by my self with out a quick $600-1000 sale it will take a good while :tonofbricks:

Brother I'm not very rich,just patient.I save up until I can afford a really nice book.I will never just pick up the first thing that comes my way,and with 600-1000 dollars your not going to get a great copy of SC #22.Patience is key here,sell your WD books hold onto the money and keep adding to it.Then once you have built up a little scratch then go for a nice graded copy that you'll be proud to have in your collection.

On another note I don't see SC #22 going down in price after the movie,it has been a sleeping giant for awhile(under valued).I see this book only having nothing but an up side regardless of the movies outcome.

BL Showcase #22 is no Watchmen. :makepoint:

No, it certainly isn't. But I needed an example of a book(s) that were going for pretty crazy, and then dropped like a hat. (It was the most recent example I could think of that didn't involve Batman.)

Showcase 22, while a wonderful Silver Age key, is not a rare book. I'll echo the saving up part, but I frankly think the OP should wait until after the movie comes out.

No, it certainly isn't. But I needed an example of a book(s) that were going for pretty crazy, and then dropped like a hat. (It was the most recent example I could think of that didn't involve Batman.)

Showcase 22, while a wonderful Silver Age key, is not a rare book. I'll echo the saving up part, but I frankly think the OP should wait until after the movie comes out.

O.K. I understand your analogy now,but beg to differ on the rarity of the SC#22.

O.K. I understand your analogy now,but beg to differ on the rarity of the SC#22.

Look at it from my P.O.V: I've had many dealers tell me an Archie #2 was rare and "impossible" to find...and I own 2! lol I don't buy the rare card. A unicorn is rare in my book. A comic? Not so much. :foryou: