• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the ten best comics in your collection right now?

110 posts in this topic

all right...I got up early and found my WW8...bugged me all night!

on any given day, my top 10 will change...for "non" mainstream publishers, it might look like this

top10002.jpg

and any other given day, including more mainstream, it might look like this...

top10003.jpg

if I did superhero only, it might look something like this

top10005.jpg

and I am sure I could do a top ten timely (with daring 1, mystic 10, etc) or a top ten DC only (that would include batman 47 and action 23 for me, etc)...

and I am sure I could do a top ten timely (with daring 1, mystic 10, etc) or a top ten DC only (that would include batman 47 and action 23 for me, etc)...

Love 'em, especially the Zatarra/sci fi Action cover! (Love to see a bigger scan)

I for one would be very keen to see your top ten Timelys and DCs!

:applause:

Love 'em, especially the Zatarra/sci fi Action cover! (Love to see a bigger scan)

I for one would be very keen to see your top ten Timelys and DCs!

action12.jpg

ThrillingMysteryv01n011935-10-1.jpg

Wingsv11n021948-Summer-1.jpg

Thanks so much - these are simply stunning!

Can we have some more please? Do you have any more like the Wings that inspired comic book covers?

Well, I never have been sure which came first (the cover dates are inconclusive), but there are more than a few pulps cover paintings that look like comics covers...

PlanetStoriesv02n011942-Winter.jpg

PlanetStoriesv02n031943-Spring.jpg

PlanetStoriesv02n111945-Summer.jpg

PlanetStoriesv04n091950-11.jpg

Wingsv11n04194849-Winter-1.jpg

on any given day, my top 10 will change...for "non" mainstream publishers, it might look like this

top10002.jpg

top10003.jpg

top10005.jpg

great stuff g.a.tor, but you need to find some more s/h books if that superman at the bottom is really one of your 10 best.

and you just haven't got the cobwebs out yet this a.m., as i know, as do you, that you don't like that dynamic anywhere near as much as your terrific 5. get some coffee, get out of the teletubbies p.j.'s and rethink a few of those.

Just some awesome books posted. I tried to pick 10 and I just couldn't so I went with 15. No particular order and a wide variety. A lot of low grade goodness.

th_daringmysterycomics7.jpgth_bb4ddc76.jpgth_speedcomics32.jpgth_excitingcomics28.jpgth_humantorch23.jpg

th_dynamiccomics1.jpgth_excitingcomics39.jpgth_terrificcomics5.jpgth_startlingcomics49.jpgth_startlingterrortales11.jpg

th_marvelboy1.jpgth_allamericancomics11.jpgth_boycomics7.jpgth_nationalcomics7.jpgth_catmancomics13.jpg

those are some funny-books t---thanks for showin' 'em.

top10002.jpg

Swell choices Gator!! Any chance of seeing a larger image of that DYNAMIC lurking in the bottom left? :wishluck:

as noted, "best" can mean a buncha things. so, for me, i'm going to go with "if i lose interest and start piecemeal selling, these will be among the last 10 i have."

in no particular order--i just hit "view all" on the 'bucket and am going thru 'em.

KansasCity.jpg

silverstreak1.jpg

Them's some fine funny books Parker.

top10002.jpg

top10003.jpg

top10005.jpg

:cry:

top10002.jpg

Swell choices Gator!! Any chance of seeing a larger image of that DYNAMIC lurking in the bottom left? :wishluck:

+1 -- I'd like to see it too. New to me, and looks awesome!

top10002.jpg

top10003.jpg

top10005.jpg

great stuff g.a.tor, but you need to find some more s/h books if that superman at the bottom is really one of your 10 best.

and you just haven't got the cobwebs out yet this a.m., as i know, as do you, that you don't like that dynamic anywhere near as much as your terrific 5. get some coffee, get out of the teletubbies p.j.'s and rethink a few of those.

terrific 5 is most definitely one of my top 5 comics of all time, but it is off playing at mattie's for a while, so was unavailable for an appearance lol

and the supe 17 is one of my favorites, not one of my "best" (I would post tec 27's, and action 1's, etc)... but something about supes holding up part of the axis by the neck that appeals to me (thumbs u

as noted, "best" can mean a buncha things. so, for me, i'm going to go with "if i lose interest and start piecemeal selling, these will be among the last 10 i have."

in no particular order--i just hit "view all" on the 'bucket and am going thru 'em.

cap77.jpg

Billy why isn't this at least a 7.5? Such a beautiful copy.