• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the ten best comics in your collection right now?

110 posts in this topic

You and I would be in the minority as I consider it a pre-code classic as well. It is one of my pride and joy books and I feel very fortunate to be its caretaker for the time being. I truly love it.

Scott

...and like many of the horror fawcetts it is a really tough book to find in any grade let alone this nice. What a gem!

Many have come and gone, but here's the top ten core books. As you can see, its a bit Centaur heavy. Also cheated with one lone pulp... I think I need to do a pulp top ten!

Some really great books in this thread guys! :applause:

toptengroup.jpg

I miss seeing those babies in person :cloud9:

My top ten - though it could have easily been thirty. (Gotta say I feel a little sheepish compared to some of the collections here, but I like 'em...)

th_WDCS22-1.jpgth_FC386.jpgth_wdcs108.jpgth_four_color_223_dd_lost_andes_mgc_01.jpgth_pogo11.jpg

th_LT10.jpgth_Mad_8.jpgth_WS_17.jpgth_wsf_25.jpgth_wings_87.jpg

:gossip: If they let me post my 10, anyone can post.

:applause: Want that Wings (a little different from all the other books up there lol ).Still need a Lost in the Andes :pullhair:

My top ten - though it could have easily been thirty. (Gotta say I feel a little sheepish compared to some of the collections here, but I like 'em...)

:gossip: If they let me post my 10, anyone can post.

:applause: Want that Wings (a little different from all the other books up there lol ).Still need a Lost in the Andes :pullhair:

The Wings would have made more sense if I had posted a top thirty which would have included some other Fiction House. Wings 87 is my wife's favourite book in 'our' collection. lol

In no particular order.......

SSS4.2.jpg

Great stuff!

I'm curious why you chose this one? I think it's one of the pre-code classics, but many people wouldn't pick it.

Also, what's the grade on this beauty?

Thanks!

Thank you too. It is one of my favorite books, and has been ever since I saw it in OPG 10 back in the day. I was only 13 at the time, but it made an impression.

It is a George Evans book, which also scores big with me. This one came to auction a few years ago in one of Bill Hughes' auctions and I knew that it would be/had to be mine. This is a CGC 9.4 OW/W and is one of the Crowley copies. I contacted Bill before the auction and he told me that he owned both of the 9.4's, which were both Crowley's. He told me that the other 9.4 was really a 9.2 in a 9.4 slab, in his opinion. I have seen the other copy and agree that it is not as sharp as this one. You and I would be in the minority as I consider it a pre-code classic as well. It is one of my pride and joy books and I feel very fortunate to be its caretaker for the time being. I truly love it.

Scott

it is gorgeous. nice choice.