• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

all-time classic d.c. cover up on ebay--don't miss it

17 posts in this topic

I think those guys at DC must have discovered crack 30 years before anyone else. Its not just a few bad covers but just decades of nonsense. "The hard luck hat??????" doh!

it's not quite as awful as that action snowman cover, but it is astoundingly bad.

I think those guys at DC must have discovered crack 30 years before anyone else. Its not just a few bad covers but just decades of nonsense. "The hard luck hat??????" doh!

it's not quite as awful as that action snowman cover, but it is astoundingly bad.

Knew I'd seen that hat somewhere before!

denver.jpg

Knew I'd seen that hat somewhere before!

denver.jpg

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. i love it!

If Micky was saying "Hello Dork", I would buy a copy today. DC's covers are almost as bad as their word/thought bubbles that accompany them. Everything from a jealous Bat Hound to crazy captions like "If Superman doesn't fart in a north by north east direction the fate of the world is in his hands......". :tonofbricks:

If Micky was saying "Hello Dork", I would buy a copy today. DC's covers are almost as bad as their word/thought bubbles that accompany them. Everything from a jealous Bat Hound to crazy captions like "If Superman doesn't fart in a north by north east direction the fate of the world is in his hands......". :tonofbricks:

Don't forget the classic Robin Corner Shock on just about every cover of Batman and Detective

:sumo:

Don't forget the classic Robin Corner Shock on just about every cover of Batman and Detective

this is rather blasphemous, and really calls for a ciorac toro blast. where are you pons?

this is rather blasphemous, and really calls for a ciorac toro blast. where are you pons?

:hi:

I'll take shocked Robin over the plethora of boy bondage covers that defile the Timely runs. At least Robin had the decency to keep his shirt on, and not be bound to phallic shaped objects while displaying the "come hither" expression that Toro has become famous for. But, in Timely's defense, they also bound Bucky and many of the Boys from the Young Allies in similarly degrading poses.

The oddest of all is that Timely collectors list those covers as amongst their favorites :o

At least DC geeks have the decency to avoid such travesties when listing our favs.

(thumbs u

I'll take shocked Robin over the plethora of boy bondage covers that defile the Timely runs. At least Robin had the decency to keep his shirt on, and not be bound to phallic shaped objects while displaying the "come hither" expression that Toro has become famous for. But, in Timely's defense, they also bound Bucky and many of the Boys from the Young Allies in similarly degrading poses.

The oddest of all is that Timely collectors list those covers as amongst their favorites :o

At least DC geeks have the decency to avoid such travesties when listing our favs.

(thumbs u

that is exactly what i'm talkin' about!

(thumbs u

that is exactly what i'm talkin' about!

I'm always here for you bro when you need me :luhv:

(thumbs u

Way to bring it, Bill! :applause:

... except that I'm suddenly seeing my Detective #35 in a whole different light. :eek: