• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$1000 is handed to you to invest long-term in CGC Copper Age what do you do?

183 posts in this topic

Scenario: You have $1000 of disposable income to invest long-term(5 years) in getting some Copper keys. What do you pick?

criteria these must be CGC`ed and dates are 1980 to 1992. so no Walking Dead advice.

These will not be for a quick flip, you spend the $1000 now and hopefully in 5 years you will have a little profit. Since you guys are the experts like to hear your pros and cons thoughts.

I would get TMNT #1 CGC copy for a long-term investment 2c

Yes, you all should go buy TMNT books. Great investment! (thumbs u

:gossip:That'll keep you busy while I grab all the other books that are REALLY worth purchasing. BWHAAAHAAAAHAAAAA....

If you could put some work into it, I'd look to buy VF or better STAR comics in bulk/lots and then sell them off individually.

For key and liquid books TMNT 1 and Teen Titans 2 seem pretty blue chip.

I like the high end Dave Stevens classic covers as well, that seems like a no brainer depending on cost.

I would rethink the plan and purchase Silver Age but I know what it's like to buy outside your genre. It doesn't satisfy for the long term.

I'm not sure buying a lot of 9.8's is worthwile, the census is just killing the prices

on most 9.8's . I would also not buy volume but buy one or two quality books. Consider a couple desirable 9.9's.

I would also not buy volume but buy one or two quality books. Consider a couple desirable 9.9's.

I have to agree. Concentrating too much on one title/individual comic in multiples could be dangerous when purchasing Copper and Modern Age books. It's very rare when a given series holds its long-term value.

That's why I buy what I love versus investment value. But since we are talking about investing $1,000, go for diversity where you can.

I would also not buy volume but buy one or two quality books. Consider a couple desirable 9.9's.

I have to agree. Concentrating too much on one title/individual comic in multiples could be dangerous when purchasing Copper and Modern Age books. It's very rare when a given series holds its long-term value.

That's why I buy what I love versus investment value. But since we are talking about investing $1,000, go for diversity where you can.

but this question is in the copper age thread, so i'm assuming copper books. :boo:

but this question is in the copper age thread, so i'm assuming copper books. :boo:

lol

I'm just saying both period of comics are going through the same challenge with a large amount of high-grade books, with some rare instances of - well - rarity.