• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$1000 is handed to you to invest long-term in CGC Bronze Age what do you do?
3 3

248 posts in this topic

It's funny, because I thought this exact question to myself about a month ago and decided to act on it.

I chose this....

image_zps886fcdbc.jpg

Glad you got this book Ernie, been kicking myself for passing on it last month. Great pick up!

It's funny, because I thought this exact question to myself about a month ago and decided to act on it.

I chose this....

image_zps886fcdbc.jpg

I am very jealous.

That is a sharp copy!

Thanks!

She looks good from behind too ;)

image_zps0b98763d.jpg

Perfect wrap around the body :)

Edited by Erndog

I chose this....

image_zps886fcdbc.jpg

I am very jealous.

That is a sharp copy!

Thanks!

She looks good from behind too ;)

image_zps0b98763d.jpg

Perfect wrap around the body :)

^^

Marvel Spotlight #5

Green Lantern #76

Detective Comics #475/476

House of Secrets #92

Tomb of Dracula #10

Detective Comics #400

To me, some of the most important comics out of the Bronze Age that are being neglected for one reason or another.

Question: Why would books like MS 5, TOD 10, and GL 76 suddenly become even more valuable after their subsequent movies have already ran their course? GL 76 especially took a moderate fall from grace as the movie failed to live up to the hype.

Question: Why would books like MS 5, TOD 10, and GL 76 suddenly become even more valuable after their subsequent movies have already ran their course? GL 76 especially took a moderate fall from grace as the movie failed to live up to the hype.

Mostly because there isn't a lot of attention drawn to the books for the exact reason you mentioned. Ghost Rider and Green Lantern were also adapted horribly too. They're still legitimate keys and even "grails" to certain collectors out there.

In that sense I don't see the books going down. I actually feel now is the time to grab pick them up while the focus is on ridiculousness like Squirrel Girl, Quake, Enchantress, Variants, etc..

TOD10 and MS5 can both be had for under $100 in mid grade. That seems pretty crazy to me.

Edited by white_rushin