• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Okeydoke said:

Any bets on the garbage lady Jadis becoming Alpha? She seems unhinged enough to put zombie skins on.

Ohhhhh...good call, that would be cool. Pacing on All Out War has been horrid; hopefully it ends this season and not with a cliffhanger. 

1 hour ago, 1p36DSA said:

show sucks anymore, it is now for snowflakes. Negan had so much potential....

I just wanted Maggie and the whole lot of them to die and make it a Saviors oriented show. I'm done with it

Where did everybody go?  This thread is a ghost town.

Id rather of had Negan escape and they make a spin off show of him starting over, it would be better than watching Emo Rick and his merry band of followers ruin one community after another.

I'm half way through season 8...  Its... Just.... Terrible...   If you took out all the prolonged headshots of characters with forlorn faces, or sitting / standing in place going through boring monologues all that is left would barely fill 2 episodes of quite forgettable story / action sequences.. 

I fast forwarded through the episode focused on a major characters death.. I couldn't be bothered 

my interest in this show has been reduced to only watching reaction vids on YouTube...then even the highlights are blah. We’re there any walkers in the last episode? I don’t think there’s anything that could bring me back to caring about the show. The first few seasons will always have a nostalgia factor for me but now...blah. 

Finished the season..   The last episode was not a bad watch and can almost stand alone as the only episode that needs to be watched in season 8. pretty much every episode  before that is filler.. 

Next season is reportedly to go in a new direction.   I really hope so. 

Edited by MGH

On 4/26/2018 at 1:07 AM, MGH said:

Finished the season..   The last episode was not a bad watch and can almost stand alone as the only episode that needs to be watched in season 8. pretty much every episode  before that is filler.. 

Next season is reportedly to go in a new direction.   I really hope so. 

I agree.  I actually mistakenly skipped episodes 11 and 13 and wasn't until Negan showed up again back at the Sanctuary that I realized I had missed anything.  I went back and watched episodes 11 and 13 and with the exception of the scene showing how Dwight made it back to the Sanctuary, the strange helicopter flare scene, and how Negan gets back to the Sanctuary, those episodes are useless.  But in looking back, you could basically watch the mid-season premiere and the season finale and been fine.

I get why Rick saves Negan and it does parallel the comic but this is one area I think they could have deviated from the comic and been fine.  I'm ready for the story to move beyond the cycle of Ricks group finds temporary peace, Rick's group is forced to move on/does something stupid, Rick's group encounters another group, the other group becomes a threat, Rick's group has to fight to obtain temporary peace, rinse and repeat.

Oh yeah and write something that explains why emaciated zombies with no jaw muscles or arm muscles or much of any flesh suffering from bone/tooth rot/decay/osteoporosis are still able to bite through denim, flanel, or even t-shirts equal to a bite force of a pit bull and rip flesh when a typical healthy person biting as hard as they can could barely do that even ignoring the jaw pain.  Reality would be that most zombies would be immobilized after the first week of not consuming any fresh meat and would be reduced to wiggling gurgling lumps of flesh and bones.  The ones that had eaten recently you could argue could continue to be mobile but without a regular source of calcium and regular dental hygiene maintenance would have lost most of their teeth by now with the rest being loosely attached.  At best, the walkers attack would consist of them falling on you and their teeth crumbling out of their mouth along with their jawbone as soon as they tried to bite down resulting in them gumming at your appendages. 

I don't even know why I bother to watch the show or read the comics anymore.

Well not sure who will see this but it is a good sign for the show (relief!) and good news for the future.   5.2 million viewers and that only counts the First Run cable show and not streaming or reruns:

The Walking Dead saw an uptick in ratings on Sunday night, proving the post-Rick Grimes era of the show is holding steady through four episodes.

The Walking Dead's first episode of 2019 delivered a 2.0 rating in the key 18-49 demographic, with 1.1 million viewers in the demo. The age range of 25-54 posted a 2.5 rating, totalling 1.3 million viewers. The total viewership sat at 5.2 million viewers, which is a 1 percent increase from Episode 9x08.

Talking Dead also saw an upward bump by three percent in adults aged 18-49 for a 0.8 rating and 1.1 million viewers. It totalled 2.3 million viewers overall as Greg Nicotero and Norman Reedus joined Chris Hardwick to recap the Mid-Season Nine premiere.

The numbers aren't the same as The Walking Dead's previous live viewership stunners but in the post-Rick Grimes era, the AMC zombie series has proved its ability to maintain the current audience. The equivalent episode from Season Eight garnered 8.28 million live viewers.

0comments

In competition with the Grammy Awards, The Walking Dead managed to finish atop the charts for cable programming, hauling in more than double the audience of 90 Day Fiance: Tell All. Talking Dead placed seventh on the night.

3 hours ago, StephenWA said:

In the UK, we have to wait 24 hours - we get it Monday night at 9pm (followed by Talking Dead).

But yes. SUPER-excited for more Whisperers....

I will be in London Sunday March 24 thru Friday March 29.   So you're saying I cannot watch it Sunday night?  I guess that makes sense given the UK is 5 to 8 hours ahead of the US depending on time zone and all the spoilers would be known before the US shows air.  I likely have a client dinner that night, will probably miss it anyway and have to catch up on the next weekend.