• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Negan was fine and his time onscreen was great. The herding of the group seemed a little farfetched and overly complicated to end up in one specific spot at one specific time. But, dramatic license, whatever.

It was a cop out for ratings. No way this stays a secret until October. When do they start shooting. This secret is gonna get out.

I don't care anymore.

This comes from a day one, year one, issue one walking dead reader and fan.

Screw this show.

It was a cop out for ratings. No way this stays a secret until October. When do they start shooting. This secret is gonna get out.

I don't care anymore.

Screw this show.

Screw this show, brought to you by Subway and shopthewalkingdead.com and Pontiac and blah, blah, blah.

I'm pretty pizzed at the creative team for the decision. I've got loads and loads of other TV shows and movies vying for my time. I don't need one that's so insulting of my intelligence.

I don't care anymore.

Screw this show.

Screw this show, brought to you by Subway and shopthewalkingdead.com and Pontiac and blah, blah, blah.

I'm pretty pizzed at the creative team for the decision. I've got loads and loads of other TV shows and movies vying for my time. I don't need one that's so insulting of my intelligence.

The dumpster should have been the last insult to our collective intelligence. They got away with it and got more brazen in lowering the characters IQs to fit the pisspoor storytelling and plotting. Then this "biggest loser/survivor/reality show gimmick" garbage as a cheap ratings grab by a show that, at its best, owned the ratings without gimmicks.

Shows a distinct lack of faith in the material and the ability to tell the same quality of stories.

I watched something I've loved for over a decade turn to dust in my hands.

I don't care anymore.

Screw this show.

The dumpster should have been the last insult to our collective intelligence. They got away with it and got more brazen in lowering the characters IQs to fit the pisspoor storytelling and plotting. Then this "biggest loser/survivor/reality show gimmick" garbage as a cheap ratings grab by a show that, at its best, owned the ratings without gimmicks.

Shows a distinct lack of faith in the material and the ability to tell the same quality of stories.

There are plenty more to add to your list of hate that were hit shows at their time that used the cliffhanger.

Dynasty

Friends

Star Trek NG & DS9

The Simpsons

Lost

Twin Peaks

Breaking Bad

Sons of Anarchy

Dexter

Dallas

Buffy

The West Wing

Smallville

Supernatural

Alias

Battlestar Galactica

X-Files

I could go on but clearly Television is doing something new and radical.

I was momentarily disappointed with the ending but I've gone back and watched the last 10 minutes more than a few times and I think JDM is absolutely perfect for Negan. The more you watch, the scarier he gets, and thats how it should be imo. Issue #100 bothers me to this day and this scene just fleshed it out and gave it more depth. Totally hopeless and I'd imagine that the non-comic readers would've been more affected by this than those of us who knew what was coming. 2c

I don't care anymore.

Screw this show.

There are plenty more to add to your list of hate that were hit shows at their time that used the cliffhanger.

Dynasty

Friends

Star Trek NG & DS9

The Simpsons

Lost

Twin Peaks

Breaking Bad

Sons of Anarchy

Dexter

Dallas

Buffy

The West Wing

Smallville

Supernatural

Alias

Battlestar Galactica

X-Files

Please. Like what you like and lap up what they give you by all means, don't let me stop you.

Just be aware enough to recognize a cop out dressed in cliffhangers clothes.

I don't care anymore.

Screw this show.

Dynasty

Friends

Star Trek NG & DS9

The Simpsons

Lost

Twin Peaks

Breaking Bad

Sons of Anarchy

Dexter

Dallas

Buffy

The West Wing

Smallville

Supernatural

Alias

Battlestar Galactica

X-Files

Please. Like what you like and lap up what they give you by all means, don't let me stop you.

Just be aware enough to recognize a cop out dressed in cliffhangers clothes.

I don't need permission to post what I like or don't. I just was pointing out that getting butt hurt over a cliffhanger and then throwing up hands like this is a totally foreign tool, or the show sucks because of it is a moot point. Almost all shows have done and will continue to use the cliffhanger. Why? It works and builds excitement for the next season. If shows just tell you what is going to happen then why would a viewer watch?

You can't please everyone and as we all know... the show ain't the comic book. I didn't think that the way Rick's group was rounded up was all that far fetched. There are only so many roads to travel to get where they needed to go...

As far as Negan's time on screen... I thought he was portrayed pretty well. I like Jeffrey Dean Morgan. If this show was on HBO then I am pretty sure Negan's dialogue would have been a lot different and more in line with the comic. I think that the writers/producers of this show are going to try to milk as much as AMC will allow, but there is no way they can be absolutely faithful to the comic.

Because anyone who knew anything about this season knew the entire season was the cliffhanger building up to this moment. Instead, they're dragging it into another season. Would people really not watch the season premiere if they let on who died?

No one has said this isn't a commonly used tool, but there are differences here.

An ending like this is a gimmick employed by weaker quality shows. It's a gimmick they've never needed before and, if they quality of the storytelling was tighter, they would not need it now.

No one said this was novel or unique.

Walking dead has never needed to do something like this in the past to end a season. Maybe heeding the warnings of Glenn's dumpster adventure sooner would have prepared us for this cop out.

This show was better than tired movie and TV conventions at one point.

I guess we can look forward to stunt casting guest appearances too. Those were common on TV in the past so why not?. Tom Selleck and the handsome hermit. Melissa McCarthy as the foul mouthed yet hilarious traveling sword sharpener....next week on THe Walking Dead, brought to you by Hyundai.

I do like Tom Selleck. He might have made a good Negan himself...a few years ago. :D

Jeffrey Dean Morgan was great, as close to perfect as you can get while having his hands tied on the language he could use. Charismatic, evil, at the same time. Great casting.

Just wish they had more faith in their viewers and more respect for what got them through 6 seasons as storytellers.

For the record, I don't buy what Kirkman or Gimple said on the Talking Dead either. Paraphrasing, "We did it cause the real story was Rick losing control. The death is the start of a new story." O RLY?

Brought to you by Walking Dead the Zombie Fun Run at your local mall. And by Snickers for when you need the extra burst of energy.