• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

well... Gimple has been a writer on The Simpsons

You guys are missing all the clues, you have to go back to who shot Mr Burns, back at the conclusion of Season 6 of the Simpsons (Coincidence)

He was shot by Maggie who is a baby, well Maggie has a baby in her and is the cliffhanger to this season also!

Wow. Imagine if it was Maggie that got smashed by Lucille. Cray cray.

Even though show has at times done things different than the comics, I think this would be WAY too much of a change up. It would change the whole dynamic of the story-line in the show. But I could be wrong.

Even though show has at times done things different than the comics, I think this would be WAY too much of a change up. It would change the whole dynamic of the story-line in the show. But I could be wrong.

Whomever gets killed you'd think it would have to be someone that would still allow Morgan's jail cell to get utilized right?

Murdering a visibly ill, pregnant women in cold blood is the sort of thing the audience and the characters could not reasonably let Negan live long enough to be "rehabilitated".

And that, and Maggie dying, would materially alter everything from the source material. They've diverged here and there but kept the basic skeleton of the source material in place thus far. So you're right, it would mean throwing the skeleton out.

Whomever gets killed you'd think it would have to be someone that would still allow Morgan's jail cell to get utilized right?

Murdering a visibly ill, pregnant women in cold blood is the sort of thing the audience and the characters could not reasonably let Negan live long enough to be "rehabilitated".

And that, and Maggie dying, would materially alter everything from the source material. They've diverged here and there but kept the basic skeleton of the source material in place thus far. So you're right, it would mean throwing the skeleton out.

You brought up another good point. I can see Rick SLOWLY changing his outlook and following Morgan's beliefs like in the book, but I don't think there is any realistic way that could happen if Negan killed her.

I watched the last episode again last night and there's a conversation between Maggie and Rick in the motor home about how everything will be alright because they are together. That they have got this far because of that group and how they did it together. A lot of together lol

Makes me think Glen and Lucille do the safety dance.

That will give Maggie a reason to stay at the hilltop because no more is that group together

Just a thought.

I kinda feel like there are enough difference between the show and book, that, you COULD feasibly kill Maggie. She looked half dead anyways. So, in place of her running the show at Hilltop in a few seasons, have it be Carol or Sasha. I feel like Kirkman would do that because we all "know" that Glenn dies.

Also, was anyone else underwhelmed by the Hilltop? In the books it's bigger and spread out, whereas the show it looked like a single building and some trailers. Where was everyone also? Don't they have more people than Alexandria? Maybe I read it wrong.

I remember reading a few pages back (not sure who it was who said this), but I watched the show again last night and agree about the Abraham vs. Glenn. If Negan's original plan is for them to work for him, the way Glenn was crying and acting out won't cut it. Abraham was resolute, so I feel like Negan would want to keep him alive. On the other hand, he could see Abraham as somebody who might try to go against him one day, so who knows. It's got to be a man, IMO.

The TV Rick is such a blood thirsty killer i'm not sure who can die and Rick resigning himself to putting Negan in a cell. He's going to get massive pushback from people when he does it. The only person I can possibly think of is Mr. Pacifist Morgan. Only problem with that is Morgan isn't kneeling in front of Negan

Edited by krighton

http://www.eonline.com/news/757275/the-walking-dead-s-lauren-cohan-defends-painful-cliffhanger-and-teases-explosive-return?cmpid=rss-000000-rssfeed-365-topstories&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories

According to Cohan, the next season will have an "explosive start." So hopefully that means it will pick up right where it left off instead of dragging it out.

Those 11 cast members are, in case you’ve forgotten: Rick, Daryl, Carl, Michonne, Glenn, Maggie, Abraham, Sasha, Eugene, Aaron, and Rosita. One of them dies. Series creator and the show’s executive producer, Robert Kirkman, has said that the victim is “beloved to everyone.”

Glenn...or Maggie? :o

It makes no sense.

It's a waste of money and you have 50 pmore minutes to fill with some actors. So those know they aren't dead. Unless it's all flash back. But then they have to film episode two. And that would need some of those actors. Etc.

I'm not buying it.

It makes no sense.

It's a waste of money and you have 50 pmore minutes to fill with some actors. So those know they aren't dead. Unless it's all flash back. But then they have to film episode two. And that would need some of those actors. Etc.

I'm not buying it.

Well thought out answer. What you say makes perfect sense.

2 bits of news - Frank Darabont is suing for $200m as his share of profits from AMC - seems odd that he didn't have an agreement in place if he was so invested in the show.

2nd - the 'kill' in Season 7 seems to have been leaked - it's unanimously the same on multiple web sites - although, again, how seriously you take this is up to you.

Negan

kills 2

Spoilers ahead!

Glenn and Abraham - Abe first.

Make of that what you will!