• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

So wow... Damn wowwww!

Just when everyone's counting Kirkman out (with FTWD & Outcast) he comes back with THIS!

This to me proves that Kirkman is and always will be made for TWD. Nothing else. Thats his calling in life

Even through the slower seasons, it all came down to Negan. He knew he can do anything he effin wanted, as long as he has this EPIC storyline ready to go.

I could have not imagine a better interpretation of WD 100 than with this episode. Borrowed alot of elements from the book, brilliant build up, Dramatic cinematography, beautiful BEAUTIFUL acting by all. The entire cast is just spot on. Negan and Maggie stole the show. ABSOLUTELY FUKIN STOLE THE SHOW

Takes alot for this old man to cry from a movie/TV show.. and sure as hell I was weeping like a baby

Kudos to you Kirkman. Long live the Walking Dead

I don't know what you are talking about. everyone I know that watched outcast thought it was very good. I thought it got better with each episode. I'm looking forward to season two.

+1 Outcast was well done from score to creepy factor.

Soooo... from this whole write up everyones person_without_enough_empathying that me and the ratings hate on outcast. ok

How about Outcast is GREAT! can we move on or are we still negotiating

I kind of got the same vibe. You're my dude and I absolutely love The Walking Dead. That being said, Outcast and a little less so, Fear the Walking Dead aren't too far behind in my book. As for reviews, Outcast and The Walking Dead are with a 4% or 5% of each other. Fear on the other hand is far less well received by fandom though the critics like it as well as the other 2 per Rotten Tomatoes.

I still think TWD is a better comic than TV show and Outcast is a better TV show than comic. I would have left this all alone except you left out Invincible. How can you leave out Invincible ? :roflmao: A superhero comic as well written as anything I've ever read. I don't believe Kirkman deserves to be pigeonholed. He is an immense talent today in the way Stan Lee was when I was a kid. Just sayin'. :foryou:

Just to compare. Day and night :foryou:

OUTCAST

WD

I agree that Kirkman is an innovator and a MAJOR player in Modern comics history. Said it for awhile. WD is his X-Men

Outcast - on a premium cable channel just finished 1 season.

WD - on a common package cable channel starting 7th season.

2c

Edited by natevegas

To be honest Fear the Walking Dead was meh until the second half of season 2 when they got off the boat and landed in Mexico... What a turn around! The last 7 or so episodes of season 2 were on point! Great great zombie television. Comparable to some of the best of WD.

So wow... Damn wowwww!

Just when everyone's counting Kirkman out (with FTWD & Outcast) he comes back with THIS!

This to me proves that Kirkman is and always will be made for TWD. Nothing else. Thats his calling in life

Even through the slower seasons, it all came down to Negan. He knew he can do anything he effin wanted, as long as he has this EPIC storyline ready to go.

I could have not imagine a better interpretation of WD 100 than with this episode. Borrowed alot of elements from the book, brilliant build up, Dramatic cinematography, beautiful BEAUTIFUL acting by all. The entire cast is just spot on. Negan and Maggie stole the show. ABSOLUTELY FUKIN STOLE THE SHOW

Takes alot for this old man to cry from a movie/TV show.. and sure as hell I was weeping like a baby

Kudos to you Kirkman. Long live the Walking Dead

I don't know what you are talking about. everyone I know that watched outcast thought it was very good. I thought it got better with each episode. I'm looking forward to season two.

+1 Outcast was well done from score to creepy factor.

Soooo... from this whole write up everyones person_without_enough_empathying that me and the ratings hate on outcast. ok

How about Outcast is GREAT! can we move on or are we still negotiating

I kind of got the same vibe. You're my dude and I absolutely love The Walking Dead. That being said, Outcast and a little less so, Fear the Walking Dead aren't too far behind in my book. As for reviews, Outcast and The Walking Dead are with a 4% or 5% of each other. Fear on the other hand is far less well received by fandom though the critics like it as well as the other 2 per Rotten Tomatoes.

I still think TWD is a better comic than TV show and Outcast is a better TV show than comic. I would have left this all alone except you left out Invincible. How can you leave out Invincible ? :roflmao: A superhero comic as well written as anything I've ever read. I don't believe Kirkman deserves to be pigeonholed. He is an immense talent today in the way Stan Lee was when I was a kid. Just sayin'. :foryou:

Just to compare. Day and night :foryou:

OUTCAST

WD

I agree that Kirkman is an innovator and a MAJOR player in Modern comics history. Said it for awhile. WD is his X-Men

I was shooting at quality over quantity. Think about million copy runs ( Amzazing Spider-man #1 ?) vs TWD at say 60,000 - 90,000 copies per month.

TWD ratings

OUTCAST ratings

really close in the like department.

Agree, completely. Since they can't go full Negan with the language, I thought okay, they're upping his violence factor to kick things off. I kept waiting for Rick to loose the hand and then when they got to Carl . . . :eek:

I don't understand how a cable channel is censoring language when they're showing off someone caving someone's head in? Go figure.

Now, I thought for a poignant #100 post on CGC I'd post here after watching the season 7 opener and wow, what an episode it was! :ohnoez::o

It was so stressful for me, I don't think I've ever experienced that watching another TV show or episode before, EVER! I'm glad there's a week wait for the next episode because I need that amount of time to process everything. When it came to Carl, I could hardly watch and was wincing throughout that scene. It just goes to show how insanely talented the cast (and crew) of TWD are.

Easily one of the top 5 best ever episodes in history. I'm calling it! (worship)

So our Sunday night tv schedule was TWD, an hour of Talking Dead, The Strain (replay) and Westworld, 4 quality hours of viewing!

When Abe got it, I was like "ok, saw that coming" since he was dead in the comic pre-Negan anyway, and while it was cool and all I was letdown that they weren't going to give us the Glenn scene.

When it looked like Darryl was gonna get it and we're yelling "come on, come on" because neither of us can stand Darryl (we're Merle people here),on then it came! The pages of WD #100 were duplicated so perfectly, we clapped, cheered, laughed, hooted and hollered because for once Kirkman threw the comic fans a bone.

I thought for sure that Rick was going to cut his own hand off, that whole segment had a Dark Knight Ledger Joker vibe to it with a gnawing feeling of suspense and dread. I haven't been on the edge of my seat watching TWD in God knows how long and this is gonna be a great season if they can keep it up

I really enjoyed it with the exception of Carol. I typically like her character, but she was getting on my nerves last night. I thought the actor playing King Ezekiel knocked it out of the park. Great casting in my opinion.

+1 on the Ezekiel casting. I wasn't sure how I was going to react to his portrayal, but I enjoyed every moment he was on the screen. Jerry was awesome, too. I hope he's around for a while.

Also, I have a feeling that the Daryl and Sanctuary saga is going to be similar to the Carl at Sanctuary story in the comics. Granted, Negan is going to have more fun with Daryl than he did Carl, but it'll allow us to get a look inside the inner workings of Sanctuary and how Negan runs such a tight ship. 2c

Ezekiel was interesting. But, overall, the episode was a snoozer. I wanted more Negan screen time. In just over one episode, he has become the most interesting character on the show (and I didn't even like him in the books).