• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

I thought it was just terrible, and I think they're seriously going in the wrong direction on this show. Negan is simply not believable as a bad guy. The quippy, goofy lines that might have read well in the comic sound kind of stupid when they’re delivered out loud onscreen. Negan comes off as more delusional than menacing, like he’s built this empire of people who hate and fear him and it’s not all going to come tumbling down in a matter of weeks.

And we're supposed to believe that Rick - who until this year has shown NO inclination to do this on the show - will be a compromising ?

I rarely get angry when watching a television show, but last night's show made me angry - it was 90 minutes of just .

I thought it was just terrible, and I think they're seriously going in the wrong direction on this show. Negan is simply not believable as a bad guy. The quippy, goofy lines that might have read well in the comic sound kind of stupid when they’re delivered out loud onscreen. Negan comes off as more delusional than menacing, like he’s built this empire of people who hate and fear him and it’s not all going to come tumbling down in a matter of weeks.

And we're supposed to believe that Rick - who until this year has shown NO inclination to do this on the show - will be a compromising ?

I rarely get angry when watching a television show, but last night's show made me angry - it was 90 minutes of just .

Not sure you watched the same episode as I did. Negan is funny and menacing at the same time - did Rick & company not see how brutal he can be on when he's pissed off? Did you not see Negan threaten to kill another member unless he got all their guns? And as far as Rick goes yeah he's questioning his entire time as a survivor. So far he's been able to beat back any obstacles in his way but Negan is just too powerful right now and Rick doesn't want to lose any more people until he knows the outcome is achievable. 2c

Edited by natevegas

Am I glad I'm not the only one who feels this.

It was watchable but Negan was ugh...

That's exactly how I felt, his character does not translate well onscreen. It was very unbelievable, it was like watching a student trying to pass his final exams in theater arts. I was getting tired of his rollercoaster threats and smiles. He was coming off as corny and over the top.

Edited by warburger

Negan does talk a lot. I don't think every episode will be him babbling endlessly. I think this episode is there to show us how the Alexandrians and rick have been totally crushed and they're going to have to start fresh. Why Rick suddenly got worried about loved ones getting killed now is odd, it's not like he hasn't lost key team members before or was so worried when they sold themselves as a mercenary squad to the Hilltop folks for some food. Then again, he's never been utterly outflanked, outgunned, and outsmarted like this. they want to show him a broken man and negan pouring salt in the wound so that when he turns it around it will be more dramatic. i don't think they plan on having negan hanging around for 4-5 years like he has in the comic (ok, the TV show is moving a little faster than the comic).

Latest episode was disjointed. There were implausible and out-of-character moments.

Isn't that the whole point of showing that these survivors are still human and feel? The Carl & Edith roller skate thing showed them for a few moments they are still young and able to smile / laugh.

On the other side it showed just how spineless Gregory really is. How he tried to sell out Maggie & Sasha because he lost his pair of balls. And the interaction of Jesus and Maggie is needed because the viewers needed to see her after the ordeal from episode 1.

I personally like that each episode this season changes speeds and shows different sides of the main characters. It is a drama after all. 2c

Edited by natevegas

Latest episode was disjointed. There were implausible and out-of-character moments.

+1

Vbm0CCt.png

Yeah they just happened to find a suitcase right where they were walking with 2 pairs of roller skates which miraculously were in their sizes! Who wrote this episode, Sherwood Schwartz?

Not to mention, they don't have guns. If zombies come out of the woods they are going to have a brute of a time fighting them while clunking around on skates.

Karl's long hair and that dumb hat are getting really really annoying. He has one eye, why would he do a hair style where that one eye can potentially get covered up and he can't see?

Why would anyone have long hair in this world where water is in short supply (and thus showers) and long hair is something a zombie can grab and might be the difference between life and death?

Plus, they're having an argument while on the edge of the woods like 75 feet from the Survivors and then start making out. Way to let your guard down.

* It was a bit abrupt for Jesus to conclude that Maggie or Sasha would be a better leader than him or Gregory or anyone from the Hilltop for that matter based on that one attack.

* Enid really believed that Carl just went out for a drive?!?!

* Jesus automatically followed Sasha's orders to find out where Negan lives without knowing why? And they are hiding it from Maggie?

* Jesus has to make up for something? As if saving and constantly fighting for Maggie, Sasha and their group wasn't enough?

* It was a bit abrupt for Jesus to conclude that Maggie or Sasha would be a better leader than him or Gregory or anyone from the Hilltop for that matter based on that one attack.

* Jesus automatically followed Sasha's orders to find out where Negan lives without knowing why? And they are hiding it from Maggie?

* Jesus has to make up for something? As if saving and constantly fighting for Maggie, Sasha and their group wasn't enough?

Did you watch the whole episode?

If Jesus had any marbles in his head he would conclude a tough survivor like Maggie would be 100% more effective than Gregory to lead. (Do you remember back when we first saw the Hilltop and Maggie outsmarted Gregory the first time???) But he didn't come out and say it because its foreshadowing......

Enid smiled at him so I doubt she believed his reason for showing up.

Jesus is a stand up kind of person and he likes fighting to save people. What is so dense about any of this?

Edited by natevegas

If Jesus had any marbles in his head he would conclude a tough survivor like Maggie would be 100% more effective than Gregory to lead. (Do you remember back when we first saw the Hilltop and Maggie outsmarted Gregory the first time???) But he didn't come out and say it because its foreshadowing......

Jesus is a stand up kind of person and he likes fighting to save people. What is so dense about any of this?

Of course I watched it, hence, my observations.

Jesus thinking Maggie would be a great leader for the Hilltop is too abrupt. She's been there for how long, and she doesn't even know the people yet. She doesn't know the place, etc. She just commanded two people to close the gate and drove a tractor. If anything, Sasha showed more leadership than Maggie.

When Enid and Carl were staring at the Saviors at Hilltop's gate and before they eventually made out, Enid remarked to Carl that "You really didn't come out just for a drive didn't you?", implying that she believed him.

Yeah, he's been fighting for Sasha and Maggie since the beginning. I don't get why he has to apologize and why Sasha has to take him up for it.

Any apologist worth his salt can defend these, but at first watch, this would be my knee jerk reaction... no analysis required,

Of course I watched it, hence, my observations.

Jesus thinking Maggie would be a great leader for the Hilltop is too abrupt. She's been there for how long, and she doesn't even know the people yet. She doesn't know the place, etc. She just commanded two people to close the gate and drove a tractor. If anything, Sasha showed more leadership than Maggie.

When Enid and Carl were staring at the Saviors at Hilltop's gate and before they eventually made out, Enid remarked to Carl that "You really didn't come out just for a drive didn't you?", implying that she believed him.

Yeah, he's been fighting for Sasha and Maggie since the beginning. I don't get why he has to apologize and why Sasha has to take him up for it.

Any apologist worth his salt can defend these, but at first watch, this would be my knee jerk reaction... no analysis required,

I think Jesus keeps apologizing for Gregory's behavior is because he's a spoon. I mean the leader of this community can't even get the names of his own people to memory let alone anyone else. Anyone and I repeat anyone would make a better leader than him. I'd take Eugene over him any day of the weak. And I think you missed the foreshadowing aspect that has to take place here. This is a drama tv show its not going to tell you everything at once or at a pace that is consistent. You have to just go with the flow sometimes. 2c