• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Couchy81 said:

That was my favorite episode of the season. Finally good writing, acting, no trash people. Good stuff. Intense and emotional.

Agreed.  Strong episode.  

Anyone else catch the Walking Dead reference on Supernatural this past week?

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/supernatural/news/a823145/walking-dead-supernatural-crossover-lucille-negan/

For the first few minutes, I thought they were actually trying to do a silent episode.  hm

The writer's have made Rosita's character awful and they tried to redeem themselves a bit by having her share some information about her past, which means she'll probably be dead soon.

Edited by Doc McCoy

6 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

Whew, pretty slow episode.  Thought I was watching Dallas

agreed. Could have missed it entirely and not missed a thing. Is that what they are going for?

27 minutes ago, pjray55 said:

I thought tonight was a great ending to an otherwise lackluster second half of the season

honestly I am glad it is over. Not sure what that means.

Solid season finale.  The beginning battle already has taken a toll on Rick's group as well as his trust factor.  Negan shows just how cunning a leader he really is.  I like the Dwight message left to Daryl.

All out war is here! ^^

Finale was fun - could have been a lot worse, but about what we've come to expect from this show at this point.  Here's some of my observations, assuming i used the spoiler function correctly...

• Spoiler

• what was with the lame special effects on the roof fall?  That's such an iconic moment from the book, but on the show it's just a flutter of activity behind a group of trees with a scream?  
    • Not that this show is known for it's great writing - but Negan actually said "That widow is alive, guns a-blazing!" when he saw Maggie.  that's too ridiculous even for this show.  
    • The Negan confrontation with Rick and Carl was solid - but Negan threatened to take both of Rick's hands?  was he going to kill Carl and then cut off Rick's hands, so he could be a figurehead leader, but not actually do anything?  The references to rick losing a hand were fun at first, but i think it's time to move on from that.
    • What was the deal the garbage people worked out?  they wanted 12 of something - people, which are valuable?  The turn by the group was great, but the deal wasn't clear.
    • When the shooting starts, Carl and Daryl both take their first shots at people's legs/feet.  This All Out War might be more like and A-Team episode.  Since it seems like no character who's actually spoken on the show died in the fire fight, it's a war of red shirts so far.
    • Sasha's whole flashback / memory sequence is only of Abraham?  She was with him for a month or two as a couple, but not a single thought of Tyreese - her brother she was very close with and who spent more time with her in the zombie apocalypse.
    • the moving truck in the comic Busta Move, but on the show it was Trusta Move?  

This episode was softer than cotton panties.

The only parts I really enjoyed were Shiva chowing on some jobbers, and the dedication to Bernie.

Disappointing season.  Seems like they're trying to stretch out certain stuff more than they should, and there is a lot of filler going on.

17 minutes ago, DeadOne said:
  Reveal hidden contents

How does the tiger know who to bite on?
How do people not shoot up their own groups in the middle of all that chaos?

(shrug)

As we were watching, my wife and I thought it would've been funny if the tiger pounced on Carl by mistake! ?