• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Don't say that I don't want the new season of TB to be over so soon :D

Tru Blood's 3rd season hasn't aired over here in the UK yet and is starting in OCtober. FXUK has stated that they will be showing both series' in Tandom.

Because two other Walking Dead threads that are constantly bumped aren't enough?

no, because 1 thread talking about comics AND the tv show isn't enough. i'd rather a thread fro the show, and one for the books.

I find it odd that they wait till halloween is over ...

when did you want it to air? any earlier and everyone will be out trick or treating. this gives people plenty of time to get home/get the kids home, and see the show live. plus, a show about zombies on halloween SHOULD air late at night. the mood is better. plus, technically, halloween won't be over for 30 mins after the show ends

when did you want it to air? any earlier and everyone will be out trick or treating. this gives people plenty of time to get home/get the kids home, and see the show live. plus, a show about zombies on halloween SHOULD air late at night. the mood is better. plus, technically, halloween won't be over for 30 mins after the show ends

I really think you are missing the point. It's not about the scheduling of the pilot on Halloween night. I have fond memories of busting butt to get home on Halloween night(1986) to watch the Friday The 13th marathon(#1-3) on Channel 21. No, I think synch means like I did a while back, Halloween is over on Halloween 31st. Up here in New Hampshire, we already have Halloweeen displays up at the front of some stores. Sexyghoul already told me she bought a skull snowglobe at Burlington Coat Factory last weekend. Generally after October 31st, everything goes to 50% or 75% off as people set their sights on Christmas(which some stores have displays already set up at the back of them). Now here's the pilot coming out at Halloween, with 5 episodes being released throughout the start of the holiday season. A holiday season that many people spent in a severe recession this year, but still discovered the good in a lot of people(especially on these boards). Myself, I don't see the casual viewer, wanting to tune in to this during this time frame of the year as TWD can get depressing. But, a few horror movies have done well during the holiday season too(The Exorcist and the Scream Trilogy). I feel this 6 episode show was poorly marketed during the wrong time frame as was The Crazies last spring.

I really think you are missing the point. It's not about the scheduling of the pilot on Halloween night. I have fond memories of busting butt to get home on Halloween night(1986) to watch the Friday The 13th marathon(#1-3) on Channel 21. No, I think synch means like I did a while back, Halloween is over on Halloween 31st. Up here in New Hampshire, we already have Halloweeen displays up at the front of some stores. Sexyghoul already told me she bought a skull snowglobe at Burlington Coat Factory last weekend. Generally after October 31st, everything goes to 50% or 75% off as people set their sights on Christmas(which some stores have displays already set up at the back of them). Now here's the pilot coming out at Halloween, with 5 episodes being released throughout the start of the holiday season. A holiday season that many people spent in a severe recession this year, but still discovered the good in a lot of people(especially on these boards). Myself, I don't see the casual viewer, wanting to tune in to this during this time frame of the year as TWD can get depressing. But, a few horror movies have done well during the holiday season too(The Excorcist and the Scream Trilogy). I feel this 6 episode show was poorly marketed during the wrong time frame as was The Crazies last spring.

(thumbs u

I really think you are missing the point. It's not about the scheduling of the pilot on Halloween night. I have fond memories of busting butt to get home on Halloween night(1986) to watch the Friday The 13th marathon(#1-3) on Channel 21. No, I think synch means like I did a while back, Halloween is over on Halloween 31st. Up here in New Hampshire, we already have Halloweeen displays up at the front of some stores. Sexyghoul already told me she bought a skull snowglobe at Burlington Coat Factory last weekend. Generally after October 31st, everything goes to 50% or 75% off as people set their sights on Christmas(which some stores have displays already set up at the back of them). Now here's the pilot coming out at Halloween, with 5 episodes being released throughout the start of the holiday season. A holiday season that many people spent in a severe recession this year, but still discovered the good in a lot of people(especially on these boards). Myself, I don't see the casual viewer, wanting to tune in to this during this time frame of the year as TWD can get depressing. But, a few horror movies have done well during the holiday season too(The Exorcist and the Scream Trilogy). I feel this 6 episode show was poorly marketed during the wrong time frame as was The Crazies last spring.

Couldn't agree with you more. This sort of scheduling is fine for the fans like us as we will watch anyway but the first few eps are going to have to seriously impress everyone else to keep them watch for the rest of the series (shrug)

I just hope they don't fail in the ratings and drop a possible second series, I'm tired of good shows not being recommissioned after a series or two :cry:

What about Nurse Jackie and Dexter? US of Tara? (shrug)
Dexter is Great. I don't watch Nurse Jackie or US of Tara, but I am aware of them. (:

4 weeks until season 5 :applause:

What about Nurse Jackie and Dexter? US of Tara? (shrug)
Dexter is Great. I don't watch Nurse Jackie or US of Tara, but I am aware of them. (:

4 weeks until season 5 :applause:

New dexter !? Sweet! Breaking bad is awesome as well :) Show is hardcore! Also I like Spartacus blood & sand :D

Nailed it :)

Edited by synch