• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

If it were Maggie that would be great. I always thought they should have let Rick die and let Shane live and this would have been the alternate version of the Walking Dead. With Shane being the leader etc

Maggie dying would create the same effect

Not going to happen. Even the Walking Dead audience is not ready for a pregnant woman being beating to death with a bat. It's one of the guys - my money is on Eugene.

If it were Maggie that would be great. I always thought they should have let Rick die and let Shane live and this would have been the alternate version of the Walking Dead. With Shane being the leader etc

Not going to happen. Even the Walking Dead audience is not ready for a pregnant woman being beating to death with a bat. It's one of the guys - my money is on Eugene.

+1, not going to happen. After watching it the 2nd go round, I'm pegging Abraham for a date with Lucille. He was the only one that kept his head up and eyes on Negan the entire time.

So when S7E01 comes out are they going to get straight to the point or are are they going to dickdance around this and tell the Morgan/Carol story for an episode or two before getting to the resolution?

We've seen that sort of thing already with the dumpster fiasco.

Most likely, makes them more money.

+1, not going to happen. After watching it the 2nd go round, I'm pegging Abraham for a date with Lucille. He was the only one that kept his head up and eyes on Negan the entire time.

Plus the whole "I'm ready to have a baby" thing

Glenn gets the bat on the show. It makes the most sense. I don't think the show would off a barely alive pregnant woman. Glenn dies. Maggie still loses the baby. I bet she has an ectopic pregnancy and will require emergency surgery at the Hilltop when this is all over...

I would be fine with either Glenn or Abraham. I remember them saying they wished they hadn't killed Abraham so early in the book, so they might keep him around. Eugene became important in the comic as well (ammunition, getting together with Rosita, etc.). I hope he stays around.

So who did Negan kill? There are 11 candidates but in reality there are only 5 possibilities: 1) Glenn, 2) Abraham, 3) Eugene, 4) Daryl, 5) Aaron.

IMO there is no chance Negan would kill a woman. Not only would it hinder his chances of getting the group to agree with his demands it would also be to brutal for TV. This means Michonne, Rosita, Maggie, and Sasha are safe. Rick and Carl are also safe. There is no chance that Kirkman would kill either of these two characters at this stage of the show. Plus Negan said if anyone moves to cut Carl’s other eye out and feed it to Rick. This implies that Rick and Carl were not killed.

This leaves the 5 candidates I mentioned above. IMO here is the order of most likely to have been killed: 1) Glenn, 2) Abraham, 3) Eugene, 4) Aaron, 5) Daryl.

I think Negan needs to kill a major character to make the audience truly hate him. Killing Aaron would not do it and I can’t see them killing Daryl. Daryl is too important to the show and AMC has invested a lot in him. If I was a betting man, and I am, I would say that it’s Glen, Abraham, or Eugene that got killed.

Edited by raybowles

I am :banana:

"If I was a betting man, and I am, I would say that it’s Glen, Abraham, or Eugene that got killed."

Not many will bet against you as 95% of the people are putting those names out too.

Like I said, Abraham makes most sense unless he knows Eugene wants to make a bullet factory. Negan wants people who are afraid of him and who wil be subserviant. Abraham ain't that guy. Crying Glenn (so long as Maggie and/or baby survive) and crying Eugene are. And Rick pretty much made it look like so long as Karl is in danger he is a spineless wuss.

Daryl would lose too many female viewers at this point.

Aron would be kind of a pointless kill, but he too isn't wimpering like a weasle. But it would make sense to off him after he was asked "why are you coming with us" or something to that effect. Abraham on the other hand has also been very distracted, kind of like Tyrese. I half expected him to get bit by a zombie or shot in the back because he was distracted.

(I can't remember, were Tyrese and Abraham on the team at the same time or did the Abraham group meet up with the main group later?)

Edited by the blob

So who did Negan kill? There are 11 candidates but in reality there are only 5 possibilities: 1) Glenn, 2) Abraham, 3) Eugene, 4) Daryl, 5) Aaron.

IMO there is no chance Negan would kill a woman. Not only would it hinder his chances of getting the group to agree with his demands it would also be to brutal for TV. This means Michonne, Rosita, Maggie, and Sasha are safe. Rich and Carl are also safe. There is no chance that Kirkman would kill either of these two characters at this stage of the show. Plus Negan said if anyone moves to cut Carl’s other eye out and feed it to Rich. This implies that Rich and Carl were not killed.

This leaves the 5 candidates I mentioned above. IMO here is the order of most likely to have been killed: 1) Glenn, 2) Abraham, 3) Eugene, 4) Aaron, 5) Daryl.

I think Negan needs to kill a major character to make the audience truly hate him. Killing Aaron would not do it and I can’t see them killing Daryl. Daryl is too important to the show and AMC has invested a lot in him. If I was a betting man, and I am, I would say that it’s Glen, Abraham, or Eugene that got killed.

+1 I like this analysis. I think Negan was on the Glenn side when he mentions about Carl's eye and there is a brief shoulder sway to the right (i.e direction of Carl)

Im saying its gonna be rick...

Kirkman's gonna flip it on y'all and get the shows ratings to a whole new level

Then watch Carol or Morgan come back and lead the group

Yah, Im weird like that

I'd be fine with that.

IMO there is no chance Negan would kill a woman. Not only would it hinder his chances of getting the group to agree with his demands it would also be to brutal for TV. This means Michonne, Rosita, Maggie, and Sasha are safe. Rick and Carl are also safe. There is no chance that Kirkman would kill either of these two characters at this stage of the show. Plus Negan said if anyone moves to cut Carl’s other eye out and feed it to Rick. This implies that Rick and Carl were not killed.

This is a great post. However, I don't think killing Eugene would make the audience truly hate him. The people I talk to about the show IRL would totally embrace him if he beat down the Euge.

IMO Glenn is too obvious. When Negan was going around picking in the playground format he was on the side between Carl and Rick. In that area was Sasha, Maggie, Carl And Eugene. When he stopped and made the Eye comment he was between Carl and Rick, I really think it's Maggie. They want shock factor that does it, Sasha is a non important character.