• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

So I just caught up on the last 4 episodes this past weekend over the holiday break and I am happy with the show so far this season.  Am I in the minority with this?  No comments in this thread since the end of October?

Some thoughts on the episodes:

Spoiler

I loved the scenes with the Savior sub-leaders...

Daryl is getting to be a bit too brassy...

Jerry has really stepped up and been manly with that axe...

Siddiq!!!

Last thought...is RK going to do the 2-years flash-forward thing after this season?  Is this what the bearded old man Rick previews foreshadow?

19 hours ago, Sam I am said:

I'm dreading the TV death of Bernie.

Ditto; if people threaten to riot if Darryl dies, can you imagine the madness and chaos that will result from Bernie's death!! I don't even wanna think about it! Doomsday...

On ‎2017‎/‎10‎/‎22 at 8:09 PM, CAHokie said:

Sigh........seriously Rick....they are all just standing right in front of you for like 10 minutes. Point....aim.....fire... No more Negan. It's really not that hard.

"10 - 9 - 8 - 7" AIMS Machine gun and fires and hits...NOTHING. Terrible.

If this is the right thread for TV show only, have that many people checked out on the show that there is no conversation here leading up to the mid-season finale?  They teased a big event that will have everyone talking - wondering if people have any theories to share (assuming we leave out the spoilers that are probably on-line somewhere).

With the announcement of Morgan joining Fear the Walking Dead - does he die or just ride off into the sunset?  I haven't watched Fear since season one, but i think they are still pretty far behind TWD in "real time", so if he dies in TWD, he can still show up there since it's before he rejoins Rick's group?  A podcast i listen to speculated that he was safe since he's going to the other show - but i thought it made more sense for him to die here.

Spoiler comment from comic book i haven't heard discussed...

Spoiler

Rick found a sniper/look-out guy hanging by his legs and eaten by zombies at the end of episode 7.  That's the way a mid-level character died in the book - does that mean the same character might die in the show soon since they already wasted his comic outcome?

On 12/8/2017 at 1:50 PM, westerberg14 said:

If this is the right thread for TV show only, have that many people checked out on the show that there is no conversation here leading up to the mid-season finale?  They teased a big event that will have everyone talking - wondering if people have any theories to share (assuming we leave out the spoilers that are probably on-line somewhere).

With the announcement of Morgan joining Fear the Walking Dead - does he die or just ride off into the sunset?  I haven't watched Fear since season one, but i think they are still pretty far behind TWD in "real time", so if he dies in TWD, he can still show up there since it's before he rejoins Rick's group?  A podcast i listen to speculated that he was safe since he's going to the other show - but i thought it made more sense for him to die here.

Spoiler comment from comic book i haven't heard discussed...

Hide contents

Rick found a sniper/look-out guy hanging by his legs and eaten by zombies at the end of episode 7.  That's the way a mid-level character died in the book - does that mean the same character might die in the show soon since they already wasted his comic outcome?

I agree...it's sad that there's no buzz on here anymore about it. :/

Oh, and to answer your spoiler question 

Spoiler

I think you're referring to Gabriel's death...but that doesn't happen for a long time after All Out War.  I think they're going to do the 2-year jump thing in the show with the 1st episode showing 'Old Man Rick' and such...but that's just a guess.

Lastly, does anyone else get annoyed by the over-exaggerated dialogue for Eugene?  I mean, seriously...I can't imagine he's that quick-witted to be so cartoonish dialogue wise with everything he says.  It's just a bit much for a show filled with Walkers (his lines are less believable to me and that's just sad).

I still love the show, though, and can't wait for tonight's episode!

Edited by Sensei Ryan

The comic is so much better then the show. I wish someone would do a strict adaptation of the comic. After tonight’s episode it is going to get to far away from the comic storyline. They can kill Daryl or whoever else wasn’t in the comic! 

I was surprised by the ending last night.....shocker! I watched the Talking Dead after and the producer was on the show and he said it will play out like the rest of the bites. The next few episodes should be interesting. I was hoping that the whole Negan storyline came to an end last night, guess it will continue to dragggggg on.

show runner gimple is an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, this show has so much potential, one of the greatest comics ever produced and AMC is ruining it for me! I pray Kirkman can carry on when done with AMC and do spin offs dedicated to characters and recast some of these awful actors.

Not sure if it’s already been asked but what is the significance of the letter “A” in the show? I have noticed it a lot from written on different items, buildings, train cars, Darl’s shirt while captured and last on the container Rick was held in. It obviously has some meaning.

Edited by kidcolt

Mid season finale was indeed a shocker. Actually kind of makes sense, since when he was attacked by those two walkers and got out of it I was thinking No way did he not get bit! But it’s a show and miracles like that happen. Well apparently not lol 

It is a crazy turn...after some thought maybe it is the right move for the show. I think Carl will live on in the comics, but the show isn’t going to last that long. Perhaps it is a sign of the shows finality. 

The show is chugging along without Glenn so I am sure it can make it without Carl. I find they are dragging it on and way to many little sub stories. There are episodes where we go the full show without seeing Rick and the gang. I want this Negan story to end and would love to see them on the road again. Don't think that will happen but one can wish lol. I gave up reading the comic at issue 50 so I am in the dark as to comparing the two. However in the past from other shows I like it when they don't stay exactly like the book, I don't want to know what's going to happen.

Bit crappy for Chandler though - poor kid only found out 2 weeks before his 18th birthday, and the kid just bought his first house.

I don't think Gimple liked him.....

Edited by Beige

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 12:04 PM, ebtorres said:

:gossip: He got bit... by a whisperer... lol 

If they wanted to, they could just explain that the bite broke his skin but his jacket or clothing kept the bacteria from reaching the wound. I still haven't seen the episode, but even if the bite looks infected it could still be a regular/normal infection from dirt.  Even though I'm not a big fan of Chandler Riggs,  anything could still happen. I trust Scott Gimple as much as I trust a proctologist with a hammer.

23 hours ago, mysterymachine said:

If they wanted to, they could just explain that the bite broke his skin but his jacket or clothing kept the bacteria from reaching the wound. I still haven't seen the episode, but even if the bite looks infected it could still be a regular/normal infection from dirt.  Even though I'm not a big fan of Chandler Riggs,  anything could still happen. I trust Scott Gimple as much as I trust a proctologist with a hammer.

lol

Based on Chadler's dad's reaction, it seems this really is it for "Coral" on the TWD show... 

http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/13/walking-dead-actors-father-criticises-show-claiming-fired-son-know-much-hurt-7155054/