• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

So...Fear The Walking Dead

Season 5

Episode 1

Was very bloody good. Much more like it used to be - no idiotic stuff, decent --script, sensible plot.

Long may it continue.

Edited by Beige

12 hours ago, Beige said:

Season 5

Episode 1

Was very bloody good. Much more like it used to be - no idiotic stuff, decent ---script, sensible plot.

Long may it continue.

I am looking forward to Dwight showing up.  But yeah Episode 1 was really well done.

They have come a LONG way with Fear and have shown that anyone is fair game to die.

15 hours ago, Beige said:

Season 5

Episode 1

Was very bloody good. Much more like it used to be - no idiotic stuff, decent ----script, sensible plot.

Long may it continue.

I thought pretty much exactly the opposite. My wife and I laughed out loud at a few moments that definitely were not supposed to be funny. 

I guess my biggest question right now is why do they care so much about the factory if their new "mission" is simply to help people? Why not just say :censored: it and move on? I mean they had a plane! And they should've seen the betrayal coming from a mile away. 

Edited by Kon_Jelly
swearing filters are dumb

7 hours ago, Kon_Jelly said:

I thought pretty much exactly the opposite. My wife and I laughed out loud at a few moments that definitely were not supposed to be funny. 

I guess my biggest question right now is why do they care so much about the factory if their new "mission" is simply to help people? Why not just say :censored: it and move on? I mean they had a plane! And they should've seen the betrayal coming from a mile away. 

Probably because the factory is where they stored the supplies they were giving away.....

The factory was owned by L + C

C being the guy who started the 'box drops' - L being Luthor who wanted his factory full of supplies back.

No factory of goods - no helping boxes programme.

Did you miss all the beds, medical bay etc set up in the factory?

It was their 'home base' - but yeah, leaving it unguarded was stupid.

If you laughed at this one, god knows what you thought of the hotel arc!

Still - I'm quite happy for you to disagree! :foryou:

Edited by Beige

Fear returns after mid-season break.

Best episode yet.

Set's up the series to go where i always wanted it to - rebuilding society.

Matt Frewer though is poor - I hope they resist the temptation to make him another 'Govenor/Negan'  - the show doesn't need to try to be the original Walking Dead show.

It's morphed into something better this season - very much on pat with Seasons 1-4 of the original show.

It's a good time to give this another try - start at the beginning of last season and give it a chance.

9/10

Massive improvement.

Morgan and Dwights characters are so much better in this show - but JD still rocks! :headbang:

13 hours ago, Beige said:

Fear returns after mid-season break.

Best episode yet.

Set's up the series to go where i always wanted it to - rebuilding society.

Matt Frewer though is poor - I hope they resist the temptation to make him another 'Govenor/Negan'  - the show doesn't need to try to be the original Walking Dead show.

It's morphed into something better this season - very much on pat with Seasons 1-4 of the original show.

It's a good time to give this another try - start at the beginning of last season and give it a chance.

9/10

Massive improvement.

Morgan and Dwights characters are so much better in this show - but JD still rocks! :headbang:

Where I am the opposite.  I am disappointed they have not user Frewer as a larger villain yet.  I feel they have wasted his potential.

And this season has been WAY too unbelievable, even being a show about a zombie end of the world scenario.  The whole plane situation was just too far out to me.  Literally none of them implied they had any mechanical background to essentially build a plane from scratch before they just did it.

I think they still need to find their stride in some fashion.

5/10 this season so far after the early episodes.

I do like Dwight and Morgan being in this series.  But it is sad that each episode I pray for a major death to bring something to it.

11 hours ago, Crops068 said:

Where I am the opposite.  I am disappointed they have not user Frewer as a larger villain yet.  I feel they have wasted his potential.

And this season has been WAY too unbelievable, even being a show about a zombie end of the world scenario.  The whole plane situation was just too far out to me.  Literally none of them implied they had any mechanical background to essentially build a plane from scratch before they just did it.

I think they still need to find their stride in some fashion.

5/10 this season so far after the early episodes.

I do like Dwight and Morgan being in this series.  But it is sad that each episode I pray for a major death to bring something to it.

Each to their own I guess.

It seems we are the only 2 people left watching it on this forum anyway!

8 hours ago, Beige said:

Each to their own I guess.

It seems we are the only 2 people left watching it on this forum anyway!

@BladeTX Is still watching, but he has been pretty busy as of late.  So he might not have seen the topic.

But yes, I agree to each their own and where our opinions do not coincide, I still respect yours. :)

Keep enjoying it and I will keep loathing it (until it changes). ;)

im watching and think this season is pretty lousy. I really thought the show was great and hit a stride when they did the big re-cast but has since slowly died back down.  this latest episode I thought may have been the worst episode of the entire franchise.  was extremely boring.  it felt like more of a recap for people who have never seen the show before.  and can we get over this whole leave a box thing, we get it, it doesn't need to drag out and be the entire premise of the show.  you can leave boxes while doing a bigger story line to keep continuity but to keep it as a main focus is just dull.

On 8/15/2019 at 9:41 AM, Crops068 said:

@BladeTX Is still watching, but he has been pretty busy as of late.  So he might not have seen the topic.

But yes, I agree to each their own and where our opinions do not coincide, I still respect yours. :)

Keep enjoying it and I will keep loathing it (until it changes). ;)

Yeah been off these boards a couple of weeks.   I'm a die-hard TWD fan but Fear... I don't know where to begin.  Now we have a neutered Alicia, who was starting to become a badass, not even willing to kill a Walker.   PTSD?? I don't get it.   Then there is the big deal about the painting on the trees... is it Madison?   Then it turns out to be some guy introduced the week before.  But the real killer for me... what is with this guy who is asking everyone where the oil fields are??? I'm from Texas and it's easy.  Want millions of gallons of refined petrol?  Everything North of Houston on the coast is a refinery.  Want raw oil?  Head to Dallas and take a left and you will see oil rigs forever.   And Morgan saying he does not want him to "control the gas"??? You would need a full-on Army to guard 100 miles of Texas coastline and all the gasoline.    And then when they have Alicia and Morgan cornered?   This is the ZA!!! Capture them and either torture them or force the rest of Team Morgan to come to them and give up the location of these oil fields.   WTF... makes no sense at all.   I'm pretty close to just giving up and getting an hour back to my life each week.   They are literally destroying the franchise before our eyes.

I was full of optimism - even with the fuel storyline (I thought they has REFINED fuel ie Petrol) hidden, not Oil?

However doing a father Gabriel Part deux in a separate show was just plain lazy.

Sloppy.

Pathetic.

Sad.

Downright insulting to the few remaining viewers.

A man of god with his dead flock.

Who cares how they died - when you repeat identical stories in seperate shows - you are done.

Even "handsome Dwight" - as amusing as it was, could not remove the stink of death for this entire franchise.

The writers et al are burnt out.

The franchise is burnt out.

The whole thing needs to end and have a re-boot 2-3 yrs down the line with a new location and cast.

Throw the Rick movies on cable and have done with it all.

What a real shame - but to greenlight this identical episode was the end.

gpaforcomics_data2_chart.asp?theSerialNumber=NDY21x179OC0xb4x4Z31C0xLTIwb4x4Z31Db4x4Z31tb4x4Z31S0xLTx12c33ctb4x4Z31y0w&caid=NDY21x179OC0xb4x4Z31C0xLTIwb4x4Z31Db4x4Z31tb4x4Z31S0xLTx12c33ctb4x4Z31y0w&ShowHighLows=off
gpaforcomics_data2_chart.asp?theSerialNumber=NDY21x179OC0xb4x4Z31C0xLTIwb4x4Z31Db4x4Z31tb4x4Z31S0xLTx12c33ctb4x4Z31y0w&caid=NDY21x179OC0xb4x4Z31C0xLTIwb4x4Z31Db4x4Z31tb4x4Z31S0xLTx12c33ctb4x4Z31y0w&ShowHighLows=off

Pretty steady 2 yr slide - once the 2k average is broken, next resistance point is probably $1500

9.8 TWD #1 Blue Label - ave $2029 (90 day)

Edited by Beige

https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/walking-dead-season-10-sinks-alltime/?utm_source=vuukle&utm_medium=talk_of_town

Lowest Viewing figures of all time.

Kirkman Hurd, Gimple,Negrete et al need to walk away and let others take over. Darabont produced 'The Shawshank Redemption' FFS  - now this rubbish.

So what do these geniuses come up with next?

The 3rd show is about a bunch of kids FFS. 

Kill off Enid, Carl, Nick  etc and then do a show about kids who grew up in the apocalypse - just like Carl,Enid and Nick did!  You know, the characters we actually cared about (yes, even Nick eventually)

Great Idea - not.

I'm beginning to doubt the 3 Rick movies will get made - and if they do, putting them in the cinema is madness. The show isn't free-to-air so nobody who hasn't got cable will have a clue what's going on.

Hell, regular viewers don't have a clue either....

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2019/10/14/the-walking-dead-movies-rick-grimes-release-date/ 

In fact the 3 movies are now 1 movie with ' a chance' others will be made.

If you want to save the franchise now the comic's dead - start showing season by season on free-to-air starting obviously with #1.

Non-paying viewers are 10yrs behind, and may pay to catch up if AMC release the other series on-demand via fox etc.

If not, then you will still have new viewers.

Fear - rubbish to start with, brief decent bits, this season started well, now it's the same waffley (Good/bad/humanity/help others/find my wife/save the kids/bad people are good/Victor won't screw us over again/save skidmark/we REALLY are good)  talk to the crappy ending...

We found some horses - there must be water!!  (yeah - about 500m away, it's that thing that looks like a small river)

Dying of cancer - NO! she's pregnant!. 

We can't clear the fake cowboy town! Call for help!

Then clear the town by luring them into the river (that they couldn't see for 2 episodes) and just surrender after the zombies are all gone! - Even the actors were visibly dying inside during the 'herd-the-zombie' scene.

Then just get into cars and leave Morgan behind alone with 'the evil woman with the biggest flared nose in history' - who shoots Morgan - the same Morgan who can basically defeat a whole army on his day....because 6 guys who were about 75 yrs old told them to.

Can't find food, but can make a wedding dress.

Have a SWAT vehicle but just hand it over for 'goodwill'

I mean, it's garbage. Utter garbage.

The Original Show - often brilliant from S#1 to S#7 ep #1 (with the odd lapse - yes, the series set in that hospital - I'm talking to you!) - then it's been all human v human - All Out War was a joke, The Whisperers not much better (I mean seriously let the bloody kid get bitten or send her back).

Totally piked it with the heads on stakes (couldn't name more than 2 of them), compared to the comic.

The Kingdom 'falls' because the heating failed and a few houses caught fire.....

Roping themselves together to walk 10yrs to another house in a 'blizzard'???

McGuffins of the highest order, and of appallingly low standard.

It's time for a change.

The last 4 yrs have been human v human. Lets have it about the Zombies, even individual stories or 2-3 ep stories about different groups/locations/ideas.

I think the people involved have completely run out of ideas - they are stuck in a loop.

Cancel both series.

Finish the Rick story on cable, not in the cinema.

Don't do the kids show.

Have a break for 12 months, get new writers and go again.

New stories, new characters, less waffle about being 'good' and 'saving our humanity', just some bloody action.

Seasons #1 - #4 were some of the best TV ever.

Issues #1 - #48 were some of the best comics written.

Walk away Robert Kirkman, enjoy your royalties, and let totally new people re-launch the franchise.

While you still have one.

And yes - I have seen every episode of both shows and read every issue of the comic.

we-are-the-walking-dead-1423837065.jpg.4d91dca755911be4150be1aedc9ef2f1.jpg

Edited by Beige

10 hours ago, Beige said:

Lowest Viewing figures of all time.

Can you name any shows that have increased as the seasons went on? One of the recent seasons it was near the top of most watched after 6 seasons or something like that. If I recall correctly, Roseanne was #1 on that list. And that was in an era where there were not streaming services.

Edited by ygogolak