• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Multi-Pack Thread
7 7

376 posts in this topic

Nice packs guys! :applause:

nice, I want a Micronauts, Battlestar Galactica, Shogun Warriors, and some Star Wars packs

The Star Wars packs are offered for sale all the time, so make some lowball bids and you can probably get some easily. There are quite a few different ones available too because it seems like most of the first 18 or 20 or so issues are in the 3-packs.

The other titles don't strike me as being anywhere near as common, so happy hunting! :wishluck:

I remember buying a bunch of these way back when and ripping them open. Pretty sure I still have the trading card inserts around here somewhere too. These shrinkwrapped multipacks make me nervous though, because with some of them the plastic has a tendency to continue shrinking over time. This one looks OK though!

DC 3-pack with "trading cards" insert

Contents: Superman #689 July 1992, Robin III: Cry of the Huntress #2 January 1993, third comic??

packaction689robiniii2A.jpg

packaction689robiniii2B.jpg

Nice packs guys! :applause:

nice, I want a Micronauts, Battlestar Galactica, Shogun Warriors, and some Star Wars packs

The Star Wars packs are offered for sale all the time, so make some lowball bids and you can probably get some easily. There are quite a few different ones available too because it seems like most of the first 18 or 20 or so issues are in the 3-packs.

The other titles don't strike me as being anywhere near as common, so happy hunting! :wishluck:

Speaking of which, you can start with an instant hoard of Star Wars packs here!

103681.jpg.88cfee9521466e391f1ba59f182153fa.jpg

Speaking of which, you can start with an instant hoard of Star Wars packs here!

It sold for the opening $140 bid. 7 bucks a pack isn't a steal, but not bad if you just want one of these. I recall a flea market dealer a few years ago peddling these for $5 each. But what do you do with 20 of these common packs unless you have 19 friends who are Star Wars fans? (shrug)

had this in photobucket- two different price fonts on the number 2

2joe2s.jpg[/img]

There is an interesting story behind these different price fonts.

At a Distributors meeting, a Marvel suit made a throwaway statement that Marvel would reprint any book if they had an order for X amount of sales. I believe it was either 10,000 or 20,000. Anyways, New England Comics approachs Marvel with an offer to buy the entire print run if they will do these three issues. GI Joe 2 was a very hot book, approaching the $100 mark at the time. A Marvel suit agrees to this, without consulting with Carol Kalish, the head of Marvel's Direct Marketing.

The first she or anyone hears of this is a fullpage ad in The Buyers guide where NEC is selling them for $20 a three pack. Store owners and distributors go nuts, and Marvel does another run offering them to distributors at their regular discount.

So one of those is a second print, the other is a third print. NEC which thought it had a huge score with its thousands of multipacks instead took a huge hit as the market was flooded with them.

2joe2s.jpg[/img]

At a Distributors meeting, a Marvel suit made a throwaway statement that Marvel would reprint any book if they had an order for X amount of sales. I believe it was either 10,000 or 20,000. Anyways, New England Comics approachs Marvel with an offer to buy the entire print run if they will do these three issues. GI Joe 2 was a very hot book, approaching the $100 mark at the time. A Marvel suit agrees to this, without consulting with Carol Kalish, the head of Marvel's Direct Marketing.

The first she or anyone hears of this is a fullpage ad in The Buyers guide where NEC is selling them for $20 a three pack. Store owners and distributors go nuts, and Marvel does another run offering them to distributors at their regular discount.

So one of those is a second print, the other is a third print. NEC which thought it had a huge score with its thousands of multipacks instead took a huge hit as the market was flooded with them.

Cool story, Bill. Thanks

2joe2s.jpg[/img]

Anyone know what year the reprint was from based on the New England ads?

2joe2s.jpg[/img]

Anyone know what year the reprint was from based on the New England ads?

As I recall, it was around 1986 or 1987.