• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Multi-Pack Thread
7 7

376 posts in this topic

How about this scarce 3 pack.... Charlton Romance 3 pack:

10616a.jpg

10616.jpg

These are nice. Admittedly, I've seen them, along with a bunch of other Marvel Classic Comics multipacks, which I agree are quite scarce. Seeing them again now, I might have to have a second look next time I go for my multipack pick.

What was the business thinking and logistics behind multi packs? Comics that did not sell at the stores had their covers ripped off, so they were not the source of the comics in multi pack. As a child in the 70s, I noted there was usually an A list superhero comic paired up with a D level POS in a double pack, and that the comics in the packs were usually a few months behind whatever was currently the new releases. Was it really worth the cost of the plastic bag to try to move dead product, when you were only giving the customer a 1 cent discount?

I seem to remember retailers discounting the multipacks so there was probably a good margin on them for the retailer, and if you got them on sale you could get a good deal;

I remember the 99 cent (or whatever it was) Disney 2 packs (or were there 3 packs, I remember trying to spy the middle book) being buy one get one free at the Goodie Barn when I was a kid.

I don't think that many, and definitely not in the numbers we see with US multipacks of more common titles/issues (i.e. GI Joe's).

A good windsock is to guage surviving population of sealed CPV multipacks is with a high print run title like the ROTJ LS - even if we applied a yardstick measurement of 1/10th the US production, those two packs are still quite scarce, and if we compared them against how many show up for sale, are much rarer than their American counterpart.

I also consider them to be at least a double variant if they're still sealed because they are packaged in a Whitman (Western Publishing) polybag and are cover price variants.

cheering.gif

Some dork pulled a price sticker off it though.

:shy:

Fort%20Erie-20160112-01187.jpg

(thumbs u

Yeah, I don't think I've ever seen multi-packs with Pence Editions.

I have seen Multi-Mags with Canadian Editions, specifically Wolverine 2, which I saw years ago in this thread, thanks to comicwiz.

Just picked up my first Canadian Multi-Mags! Super stoked to have this. I never see them come up for sale.

Wolverine 4 and Hercules 4 both Canadian Edition.

IMG_4710.jpg

Such a "deal." 2 75 cent comics for "only" $1.49.

A whole cent saved!

;)

I don't think that many, and definitely not in the numbers we see with US multipacks of more common titles/issues (i.e. GI Joe's).

A good windsock is to guage surviving population of sealed CPV multipacks is with a high print run title like the ROTJ LS - even if we applied a yardstick measurement of 1/10th the US production, those two packs are still quite scarce, and if we compared them against how many show up for sale, are much rarer than their American counterpart.

I also consider them to be at least a double variant if they're still sealed because they are packaged in a Whitman (Western Publishing) polybag and are cover price variants.

cheering.gif

(thumbs u

I've seen these sell for as much as $100-$150 per 2 pack - this is a current BIN listing for the set of 2 on eBay that I think has remained unsold for some time. The US 60¢ 4 pack can be had for between $10-$30 depending on condition. This is probably the widest value spread I've seen between CPV multipack and their US counterpart, but I think there's also a factor of Star Wars cross-collectors that seem to covet these, just like the STAR Droids and Ewok CPV's.

New Whitmans for the hoard! :banana:

The Wonder Woman 261, Action 501, Superboy 257 pack is the only combo I've see that has the WW261. However the Superboy 257 has been seen before in a 2-pack with WW260 (not WW261) and also in a 2-pack with Action 501. (This is a correction from an earlier post where I stated there was only one multi-pack that contained Action 501 - see the post to which I am replying for the Action 501/B&B156 pack)

The Batman/Wonder Woman pack contains Wonder Woman 257, Batman 317, & Justice League Of America 172. I've never spotted these Batman and JLA issues in a pack before, but I have seen WW257 in packs that contain 3 different WW issues.

161943.jpg

161944.jpg

161945.jpg

161946.jpg

So, last December I was asking the DC BA war guys if any of them had any sealed 3-packs of the DC BA war titles. I never even knew they existed until I stumbled across this completed auction on eBay --

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-3-Pack-1977-Sgt-Rock-315-Weird-War-Tales-62-Unknown-Soldier-214-CGC-IT-/272016575094?hash=item3f55738a76:g:9Y4AAOSwA4dWHmYM&rmvSB=true

Anybody here have a DC BA war 3-pack?

Jeffro confirmed he has one with WWT 42 and two others books. So that's at least two that exist.

Does anyone know if they made any more? Got any pix to share? :wishluck:

So, last December I was asking the DC BA war guys if any of them had any sealed 3-packs of the DC BA war titles. I never even knew they existed until I stumbled across this completed auction on eBay --

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-3-Pack-1977-Sgt-Rock-315-Weird-War-Tales-62-Unknown-Soldier-214-CGC-IT-/272016575094?hash=item3f55738a76:g:9Y4AAOSwA4dWHmYM&rmvSB=true

Jeffro confirmed he has one with WWT 42 and two others books. So that's at least two that exist.

W-11 Black N/A Star Spangled War Stories 176, Our Fighting Forces 146, Weird War Tales 20

cheering.gif

There is reason to believe these CPV multipacks of ROTJ LS were distributed here in the US too. Just way to many of them available in the US for them not to have been.

cheering.gif

There is reason to believe these CPV multipacks of ROTJ LS were distributed here in the US too. Just way to many of them available in the US for them not to have been.

I've found a number of CPV's in the Michigan/Detroit markets, but I attribute this to a lot more cross border shopping happening during favourable exchange rates circumstances than any distribution scenario intended for markets outside of Canada.

W-11 Black N/A Star Spangled War Stories 176, Our Fighting Forces 146, Weird War Tales 20

Thanks, Greggy!

I have a sealed 3 pack of war comics featuring Weird War Tales #64 (first Miller art at DC), Unknown Soldier 319 and a Sgt Rock 317. no pics to show you unfortunately

That's OK, it sounds like a cool 3-pack!