• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

C2E2, March 18-20, 2011, Chicago, IL.

390 posts in this topic

Wuz up?

Just back from Chicago - man I love that town.

We are going to have the show in the West Hall of the beautiful McCormick Place campus. http://www.mccormickplace.com/pdf/LocatorBrochure.pdf

The move-in/move-out will be different (last year move-in sucked). All vehicles still go to the Marshalling attendent to get an access slip but vans do not pay; just go to the back of West Hall where the loading docks are and unload. We will be able to get 20 vans back there a time. You will be able use 4-wheel dollies and hand trucks from the docks to your booth (short distance). Lend-A-Hand program will still be available and more on that later.

We will have more involvement this year. the building lacks assistance and we have to encourage people to unload in a timely manner.

Free WiFi. Big booth builds no longer need a carpenter.

Guest announcements coming very soon. Really good guests.

Have a good weekend.

Neil Gaiman - make it happen! :wishluck:

It's time for a happy dance! Wiggle, jump and shake! Our sensationally explosive guest lineup announcements are starting now and these names speak for themselves. The first C2E2 2011 Guest of Honor is Brian Michael Bendis!

Brian is an award-winning comics creator and one of the most successful writers in mainstream comics! Brian currently works his magic as the writer of Avengers and New Avengers along with House of M, Secret Invasion, Siege and the highly anticipated DEATH OF SPIDER-MAN. He's also written every issue of Ultimate Spider-Man since its launch in '99. Brian's other projects include Scarlet and the Eisner-Award-winning Powers. Brian is fantastic and we're proud to be able to announce him as one of our main men and the first Guest of Honor!

Who else is joining us for the Con that shakes Chicago? Some of our absolute favorites: Franco Aureliani, Art Baltazar, Katie Cook, Geof Darrow and Tim Seeley.

Learn more about our guests on the C2E2 Guest Page and keep checking back! We'll be adding new names on a regular basis for the next 118 days leading up to the show! Boom!

Get Darwyn Cooke and I'll be there.
not me

:sorry:

too close to mega con :sorry:

but I will be there in August (thumbs u

:whee: And I'll be sure to hook you up with Coke Zero (thumbs u

you always do (worship)

Kinda weird that the CGC Signature Series Event link has Amanda Connor, Ben Templesmith, Bob Layton, Finch, Bagley, Cheung, McNiven, and Mignola- ALL listed for 3/18/2011-3/20/2011 C2E2 event. :applause:

None of these folks are listed on the C2E2 page and none of the C2E2 listed folks are listed on CGC's page. Do these folks have to pay to get names listed on this event? (shrug)

Cuz if CGC's people are paying, it must be a sure thing!:headbang: Time to look for some outstanding copies!!

Kinda weird that the CGC Signature Series Event link has Amanda Connor, Ben Templesmith, Bob Layton, Finch, Bagley, Cheung, McNiven, and Mignola- ALL listed for 3/18/2011-3/20/2011 C2E2 event. :applause:

None of these folks are listed on the C2E2 page and none of the C2E2 listed folks are listed on CGC's page. Do these folks have to pay to get names listed on this event? (shrug)

Cuz if CGC's people are paying, it must be a sure thing!:headbang: Time to look for some outstanding copies!!

:screwy:

What's up?

I poked around the office no news here. Looks like last year's stuff. I think their site needs updating.

We got the Ghosthunters coming this year. Those dude are nuts.

I'm ticked that Reed put the show on the same weekend as WW Toronto which was booked the same weekend as last year's show (March) and before even the 1st C2E2 show happened (April). All they are doing is pulling money out of dealer's pockets by forcing them to do one of the two shows instead of allowing them to do both.

Now I'm torn and don't know which show to go to.... :frustrated:

What's up?

I poked around the office no news here. Looks like last year's stuff. I think their site needs updating.

I only ask for 1 thing......ONSITE GRADING :sumo: !!!! Please find a way to make this happen :headbang:

What's up?

I only ask for 1 thing......ONSITE GRADING :sumo: !!!! Please find a way to make this happen :headbang:

Two things ... ONSITE GRADING + A-list creators (otherwise onsite grading isn't nearly as much fun) :headbang: