• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic store owner shoots robbery suspects..again

155 posts in this topic

This happened not far from where I live. I can't seem to find the full story online other then this article.

Store owner fatally shoots burglary suspect in Lancaster

Daily News Wire Services

Posted: 09/02/2010 10:33:30 AM PDT

Updated: 09/02/2010 12:01:09 PM PDT

"A suspected burglar was fatally shot early Wednesday after a confrontation with a Lancaster store owner, officials said.

The suspected burglar, identified as Robert Summers, 28, of Lancaster, was mortally wounded about 3:30 a.m. by the unidentified owner of a store in the 200 block of East Avenue K-8, officials said. Another suspect with Summers managed to escape.

"The owner fired a handgun at the suspects, hitting one and possibly wounding the second," the Sheriff's Department said in a statement."

No mention was made in the above article that the name of the store is "Bases Cards and Comics"

But this isn't the first time the owner has done this. Here is a story from 2003.

http://www.thehighroad.us/archive/index.php/t-36673.html

In both incidents the robbers were shot in the head. I have mixed thoughts about this. On one hand I understand that he has a business to protect and if you are going to be dumb enough to break into a shop in the middle of the night there are expected risks and consequences to your actions, but then again if the owner is having problems with people breaking into his store why didn't the owner install security cameras or install an alarm system?

I think he likes killing. There are other more restrained ways to protect you assets.

Guard dog?

Well, mebbe so, but it certainly cuts down on repeat offendors....

Here in the State of Florida we have teh castle law. If your going to break the law you should consider that there are consequences. If someone was to break into my property my first reaction is to shoot them, then call the police to come write it up and remove the body. So yeah this store owner gets a thumbs up for hitting one, thumbs down for missing the other.

I think he likes killing. There are other more restrained ways to protect you assets.

Guard dog?

That's what bugs me. In the 2003 incident he is described as being "traumatized by the shooting", Yet rather then look at other options he decides to do the same exact thing by camping out in his shop. I don't have much sympathy for the victims but I do question why the owner decided to go the same route as before.

I'm not sure if using guard dogs in a comic shop is a good idea. :insane:

Here in the State of Florida we have teh castle law. If your going to break the law you should consider that there are consequences. If someone was to break into my property my first reaction is to shoot them, then call the police to come write it up and remove the body. So yeah this store owner gets a thumbs up for hitting one, thumbs down for missing the other.

very true, but you cant fire your weapon if the person is running away... Wish there was more details to the story

+ 1 same in Texas

+ 1 same in Texas

+1 Alabama

+ 1 same in Texas

+1 Alabama

+1 Missouri

+ 1 same in Texas

+1 Alabama

+1 Missouri

If you're going to go around committing felonies, you should expect some tough love :thumbsup:

Guard dog?

Well, mebbe so, but it certainly cuts down on repeat offendors....

it's darwin taking out the trash.

Hooray for natural selection :banana:

+ 1 same in Texas

+1 Alabama

+1 Missouri

Same at my house! (thumbs u