• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Value on a Bob Kane Signature?

13 posts in this topic

Hey all... supposing one were able to find a legitimate copy of Bob Kane's signature, what do you suppose the value would be on it? I always see a bit of a range on items like this due to the increased/decreased likelihood of authenticity.

Anyhow, I think there's an item or two that make themselves available soon that I think are pretty nearly as certified as can be.... so what do you signature experts think?

i have no idea what the value would be now. i bought a batman book from home shopping network. kane was on the show and they were selling the 497 framed with kanes sig limited to 1993. it cost 150.00 at that time. that show with him on it was only a couple weeks before he passed.

I've seen those--if it's the ones I'm thinking of via Dynamic Forces.

The only problem that affects value on his sig, Bill, is that BK was notorious for having so many aspects of his business (sigs not immune) handed off to ghosts to get the job done. No surprise that uncertified signatures are a total crapshoot and often go unsold in auctions--heck! One WAS certified in last night's R&R Auction and went unsold--and only for $100 at the opening bid. He cashed in as much as possible, but unfortunately, he ended up undercutting the real, long-term value of his signature (IMO).

Still... I have a Siegel. Now I want a Kane--if I can find a legit one.

Edited by Mac Man

This comment is probably long overdue. However, Desert Winds and CBCS - if you like these companies or not - do verify signatures. Usually it is preferable if the signer is living, but I have seen it done. If you buy a Bob Kane book at an auction and the condition is okay - buy it cheap.. send it to CPRS (Phil Schlaefer) for pressing. Then... send it to CBCS for authenticity and grading and prepare to wait about half a year, while you forget you actually owned the book to see if it passes the Turing Test.

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 6:34 PM, Grib said:

Does the book have a COA? It should. I have one and it came with it.

IMG_0966.JPG

IMG_0965.JPG

IMG_0967.JPG

Interesting that there's no website on google, or mention of American Art Certifications inc. listed anywhere on the web that I can reference. hm 

That's typically not an encouraging sign, when it comes to the minor league signature authenticators.

I've also seen this same A.A.C, inc. issued certificate included with "Stan Lee" signed comic cover posters that were allegedly signed at '93 DragonCon. The certificate accompanied Lee signatures that could most aptly classified as horrible at best. They're the ones that were signed as though the Lee was trying to make a getaway rom the Stan part of the signature, an atypically huge space between the first and second name that I've never seen the likes of before in any Lee signature from any era 1940 to 2018.

So, my suggestion is PSA or JSA, IMO, based on the items I've seen accompanied by A.A.C. COAs.

Edited by James J Johnson