• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: Conan #1 1st print Darkhorse

14 posts in this topic

All of the copies that are going to be for sale are currently in huge piles at the CGC 9.8 prescreen desk and it'll be 6 months before you can get one for $100. grin.gif

Every single copy I received failed my personal 9.8 prescreen... foreheadslap.gif

I have about 15 extra copies right now, but no idea what I would take for them.

I'm hoping the variant Campbell cover 2nd print does well. thumbsup2.gif

Every single copy I received failed my personal 9.8 prescreen... foreheadslap.gif

Why LH?...was it because of that vertical fold line that ran down the cover by the spine?

Why LH?...was it because of that vertical fold line that ran down the cover by the spine?

No, printing irregularities like that are acceptable in 9.8 if they are typical of the run...

Mine had a variety of ink splotching and I had 35 copies that all had grip creases, which is unusual because you really only see grip creases like that on the first or second copies in a stack. I kept the best 20, and I may send a couple in as a test, but they didn't make my own pre-screen...

I may be being too hard on my grading though... My last batch of 50 that I screened for 9.8 I got:

5 kickbacks

31 at 9.8

11 at 9.9

3 at 10

At those ratios, I could probably take my next best 50 and get half of them through at 9.8 confused-smiley-013.gif

But none of the Conans with that line could get better than 9.8. It will be interesting to see if any part of the run was in better shape...

I may be being too hard on my grading though... My last batch of 50 that I screened for 9.8 I got:

5 kickbacks

31 at 9.8

11 at 9.9

3 at 10

At those ratios, I could probably take my next best 50 and get half of them through at 9.8 confused-smiley-013.gif

For comparison...

The other 80 books in that batch of 130 that I submitted were screened at 9.6 and the results were:

43 kickbacks

24 at 9.6

13 at 9.8

So apparently I can't tell my 9.6s from my 9.4s but I do just fine at distinguishing my 9.8s from my 9.6s... confused-smiley-013.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Does anyone here have quantity on this book? I'm looking to purchase 25-50 copies. Any help would be greatly appreciated. grin.gif

Picked up 40 copies today at cover price at the Portland show... and sent you a PM...

If you're still interested, I can sell you a bunch at $3.50

Same deal for anyone else until I have sold about 30 of them... but I'll give you first crack since you started the thread. smile.gif

Does anyone here have quantity on this book? I'm looking to purchase 25-50 copies. Any help would be greatly appreciated. grin.gif

Picked up 40 copies today at cover price at the Portland show... and sent you a PM...

Same deal for anyone else until I have sold about 30 of them... but I'll give you first crack since you started the thread. smile.gif

frown.gif

frown.gif

If I wasn't so tired, I'd go get the romance books I bought out of the van and scan you a couple covers... sleeping.gif

frown.gif

If I wasn't so tired, I'd go get the romance books I bought out of the van and scan you a couple covers... sleeping.gif

acclaim.gif

frown.gif

acclaim.gif

I'll include them in the double-con report... along with the insane price I paid for Ultimate Spider-Man 5 893whatthe.gif ... the nine price variants I got from Steve Wyatt smile.gif ... the blue label CGC 4.0 Showcase 22 that sold for $450 less than ten feet from me without me knowing it foreheadslap.gif ... the 100 Bullets 1 I bought for $6 cloud9.gif ... and the inside scoop from my 20-minute conversation with Kurt Busiek, including which nine trade paperbacks he bought from me, the status of JLA/Avengers 4, the poster to be made from the cover of issue 3, and who wins the final battle...

Film at 11... but for now... sleep.... sleeping.gifsleeping.gifsleeping.gif