• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jive's Never Ending Sales thread. Gold to Moderns, something for everyone.

485 posts in this topic

At some point, probably after you've stubbed your toe on one-too-many longboxes, you realize that as a collector, you've accumulated A LOT of stuff. So, its time to have one massive sales thread.

Here are the ground rules.

- Every Friday night around 10pm, I plan on listing about 50-60 raw books from my collection. Expect this schedule to run through the end of the year, and possibly into next. Hence, the "Never Ending"

- Each book has been graded and scanned. Prices on most items will be at discounts to Overstreet, in some cases, a deep discount. Books will run all Ages, from Gold to Moderns. At some point, I'll add in some art or sketches as well.

- Grading: After a decade of submitting to CGC, my "success rate" (as far as grading accurately to their standards with my submissions, or stricter) is in the mid 80% rate. I'll also stand behind what I sell with a 100% satisfaction Guarantee....if you don't like it, send it back and get a refund.

- Pressing: Virtually nothing in this thread has been pressed to my knowledge...and in the odd chance it was, it will be Disclosed. Many of these books come from OO collections I've picked up over the years.

- Extras: Every book that sells at the listed price of $20 or more will come with a Gerber Full-Back Acid-Free board as well as a fresh, 2 mil Mylite. Buy a book for $30 or more at its asking price, and I'll upgrade the Mylite to an Archive Snug. Just a little something extra for my fellow Boardies.

- :takeit: rule. PMs okay. Paypal, money orders, checks all okay.

- Shipping: I'll try to charge as close to exact shipping as possible. I can generally pack a Medium Flat Rate box with quite a few raw books for $12. Or I can mail off a small handful of books for a few bucks. The plan is to sell books, not profiteer from shipping. Heck, if you buy enough, (say, $200+ worth) I'll probably cover the cost of shipping anyway. Shipping to the UK or Canada is not a problem. Shipping to other places should be okay, but you might want to get a hold of me first for a quote (wouldn't want you to pay $20 in shipping for a $4 book).

- Starting a Pile: You can have me hold your books for as long as you like to combine on shipping, but I would appreciate "squaring up" every couple of weeks or so, even if you don't want your books shipped yet.

- Questions, concerns, comments....send me a PM.

Without further adieu, to start things off, I'm going to list some Copper books that no one ever seems to have much interest in selling here....some great Star Comics from Marvel. Many of these books are tough as nails in high grade, and fetch a few measly bucks in the Guide. If you're a child of the 80s, like me, you'll probably appreciate the Nostalgia factor alone. Just some cool HTF 25 year old books on the cheap.